If you dreamt of having a reputed job which is well paid, RRB NTPC is the exam for you. Upon clearing this exam, you will get appointed in Indian Railways which has a lot of perks for the employees. Sieze this opportunity to serve in one of the best ministries of Govt. of India.
***RRB NTPC 2019 Paramedical Recruitment Scorecard has been released. Download the Admit Card for Paramedical Recruitment for RRB NTPC 2019 now***
- What is the RRB NTPC Exam?
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- How to fill RRB NTPC 2019 Application Form
- Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- Exam Pattern
- Reference Books
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is RRB NTPC Exam?
RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board Non-Technical Popular Categories. RRB is a public sector enterprise that oversees the recruitment process for various posts in the railway sector of the nation. There are a total of 21 Railway Recruitment regional boards that recruit employees for various posts available in respective Indian Railways regions/zones.
Frequency: RRB NTPC exam is conducted every year to recruit for various non-technical posts.
Authority: The RRB NTPC Exam is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).
|Exam Name||Railway Recruitment Board - Non-Technical Popular Categories|
|Commonly known as||RRB NTPC|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Mode of exam||For both the stages|
|Online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Date||Between June and September 2019|
|Total No of Vacancy||35,227|
RRB NTPC Posts: Railway Recruitment Board has only released a notification for 35,227 Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) vacancies. The notification for rest 1 lakh vacancies of Level 1 (RRC 01) posts, is expected to be released soon.
Through the exam RRB NTPC, the following jobs are notified as of now:
- Junior Clerk Cum Typist
- Accounts Clerk cum typist
- Junior Time Keeper
- Trains Clerk
- Commercial Cum Ticket Clerk
- Traffic Assistant
- Goods Guard
- Ticket Clerk
- Senior Clerk cum Typist
- Junior Accountant Assistant Cum Typist
- Senior Time Keeper
- Commercial Apprentice
- RRB Station Master
RRB NTPC Exam Dates
RRB NTPC 2019 notification is now out and candidates can fill the form till March 31, 2019. RRB NTPC 2019 Stage I exam is expected to be conducted between June and September 2019. Make sure to take a note of all the dates so that you wouldn't miss out on any of the important events.
All the information regarding RRB NTPC 2019 exam dates is listed below:
|Release of RRB NTPC Notification||February 28, 1970|
|RRB NTPC Online Application Begins||March 1, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply for RRB NTPC 2019||March 31, 2019|
|Last Date to Pay Online Application Fees||April 5, 2019|
|Final Submission of Applications||April 12, 2019|
|Admit Card Download Date||September, 11, 2019|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (stage I) 2019||Tentatively Scheduled Between June and September 2019|
RRB NTPC Eligibility
As RRB NTPC 2019 recruitment is for a variety of posts, the eligibility criteria for every post varies from one another. Therefore, interested candidates should first check whether they are eligible to apply for specific posts of RRB NTPC 2019 exam or not. The following is the Railway NTPC Qualifications that an aspirant needs to satisfy:
Nationality: The applying candidate must be
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 for permanent settlement or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification: Educational Qualification is different for different post.
|Traffic Assistant||Graduation Degree|
|Senior Time Keeper||Graduation Degree and Typing proficiency in Hindi/English on computer|
|Commercial Apprentice (CA)||Graduation Degree|
|Traffic Apprentice (TA)||Graduation Degree|
|Goods Guard Selection||Graduation Degree|
|Asst Station Master (ASM)||Graduation Degree|
|Senior Clerk-Cum-typist||Graduation Degree and Typing proficiency in Hindi/English on computer|
|Junior Accounts Assistant Cum Typist||Graduation Degree and Typing proficiency in Hindi/English on computer|
Age Limit: The RRB NTPC 2019 Age limit for level 1 is from 18-31 years and for ALP and Technician is from 18-28 years as of 1st July 2019. Reserved category candidates will get special relaxation which is given below:
|Sl No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||SC / ST Candidates||5 years|
|2||OBC - Non-Creamy Layer candidates||3 years|
|3||Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in more than 6 months service after attestation||Up to the extent of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|5||PWD OBC- Non-Creamy Layer||13 years|
|6||PwD SC/ST||15 years|
- Candidates who are awaiting results should not apply and even if they apply, such application form will be rejected by the RRB without any registration fee refund.
- Candidates who have failed the medical test for the posts applied for, will not be given an alternative. They will be considered ineligible for the exam.
RRB NTPC Vacancy
RRB has released the notification for a total of 35,277 vacancies NTPC 2019 recruitment. These vacancies are for Junior clerk cum typist, trains clerk, traffic assistant, good guard, senior clerk cum typist, accounts clerk cum typist, junior account assistant cum typist, commercial apprentice, station master, commercial cum ticket clerk, senior commercial cum ticket clerk, etc
The detailed vacancies for each post are given below:
|Junior Clerk Cum Typist||4319|
|Accounts Clerk cum typist||760|
|Junior Time Keeper||17|
|Commercial Cum Ticket Clerk||4940|
|Senior Clerk cum Typist||2873|
|Junior Accountant Assistant Cum Typist||3164|
|Senior Time Keeper||14|
|RRB Station Master||6865|
Division wise vacancies are as follows:
|RRB Regions||Total Vacancies in each Region|
|RRB Jammu Srinagar||898|
RRB NTPC Application Form
The RRB NTPC 2019 application form will be available on the official website of RRB from March 1, 2019. Candidates can fill the application form March 31, 2019. Only eligible candidates can fill the application form. If any candidate fails to satisfy the criteria, his/her application form will be rejected.
- Contents: Candidates have to enter the following information in the RRB NTPC application form
- Personal Details
- Basic Details
- Educational Information
- Exam Centres choice
- Name of the post applied for
- Fee: Only General and OBC candidates have to pay RRB NTPC 2019 application Fee of INR 100 in online mode by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. SC/ ST/ Economically Backward/ Ex-Servicemen and Women Candidates are exempted from paying the examination fee of RRB NTPC 2019 exam.
- Scanned documents: Candidates need to upload the scanned copy of their recent colour photograph, SC/ ST Certificate (if any), recent colour photograph of the scribe (if any) while filling the online application form.
- Photo and Signature: The image size of the photograph should be between 15 to 40 KB and that of SC/ ST Certificate should be between 50 KB to 100 KB. Format of the image should be in the JPEG and not any other formats.
How to fill the RRB NTPC 2019 Application Form?
- Step 1: Visit the website of RRB 2019 at www.indianrailways.gov.in and under 'Recruitments' Tab pick a region:
- Step 2: Different regions have a different layout and from there, candidates can click on the application download link. The first link is for ALP and Technician post. The second link is to other posts.
- Step 3: For the other posts once candidates click on the online application link and a new window opens where the candidates can Click on New Registration.
- Step 4: A new window will open, fill all the basic details and click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 5: After successful registration candidates will receive log in credential on the given Email ID.
- Step 6: Log in with the credentials to fill the RRB NTPC2019 Application Form. Fill all the details and click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 7: Candidates will be redirected to the payment page. Candidates have to pay INR 100 by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- After successful payment candidates can take a printout of the RRB NTPC Application Form
RRB NTPC Admit Card
Candidates will be notified about RRB NTPC 2019 e-call letter through SMS and email. Only eligible candidates will be issued an e-call letter that should be downloaded from the official website of the RRB. Candidates should download the e-call letter ten days prior to the exam date. Failing to download the e-call letter within the stipulated time will not be given an alternative. Registration Number and Password will remain the same as the login credentials to download RRB NTPC 2019 hall ticket/E-Call letter.
Steps to download RRB NTPC 2019 Admit Card
- Step 1: Candidates will be provided with the link to the official website where he/she needs to provide the details about the application form to download the admit card
- Step 2: Candidates need to provide their registration number, date of birth and the password
- Step 3: After entering all the details in the required boxes, candidates will be taken to the download page where the admit card download link will be given
- Step 4: After clicking on the download link, the RRB NTPC Admit Card will be downloaded
- Step 5: The admit card will be in the pdf format. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the admit card and save the soft copy of the admit card in their computer for further reference
- Candidates must carry admit card at the time of appearing in the exam otherwise they will be restricted from appearing in the exam.
RRB NTPC Exam Centres
The different zones of Railway Recruitment Board conduct RRB NTPC 2019 in different cities. Candidates can select up to five different cities as their preferred RRB NTPC 2019 exam centres. Manipur, Meghalaya, and Mizoram have only one city as lone official RRB Exam Centre. The list of RRB NTPC exam centres is given below.
|State/UT||Exam Center||State/UT||Exam Center|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Akola, Amravati, Aurangabad, Beed, Bhandara, Buldana, Chandrapur, Dhule, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Madgaon, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nandurbar, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pandharpur, Parbhani, Pimpri, Chinchwad, Pune, Raigad, Ratnagiri, Sangamner, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Sindhudurg, Thane, Wardha, Washim, Yavatmal|
|Andhra Pradesh||Amalapuram, Anantapur, Bhimavaram, Challapalli, Chirala, Chittoot, Eluru, Gooty, Gudivada, Gudur, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kanchikachera, Kavali, Kurnool, Nandyal, Narasapuram, Narasaraopet, Nellore, Ongole, Proddatur, Puttur, Rajahmundry, Rajam, Rajampet, Srikakulam, Surampalem, Tadepalligudem, Tekkali, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram||Manipur||Imphal|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun||Meghalaya||Shillong, Ri-Bhoi|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur||Mizoram||Aizwal|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga, Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan,||Nagaland||Dimapur, Kohima|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh||Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur-Ganjam, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jeypore, Jharsuguda, Khurda, Rayagada, Rourkela, Sambalpur,|
|Chhattisgarh||Bilaspur, Durg, Bhilai Nagar, Raipur,||Puducherry||Puducherry|
|Delhi/NCR||Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, New Delhi, Noida||Punjab||Abohar, Amritsar, Banur, Barnala, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh, Sahib, Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Khanna, Ludhiana, Malout, Moga, Mohali, Muktsar, Nawanshahr, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Ropar, Sangrur,|
|Goa||Verma||Rajastan||Abu Road, Ajmer, Alwar, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Chittorgarh, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh, Jaipur, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Kota, Pali Marwar, Sikar, Sriganagnagar, Tonk, Udaipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Dadra, Gandhinagar, Godhra, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Mehsana, Nadiad, Navsarim Rajkot, Silvassa, Surat, Surendranagar, Vadodara, Valsad, Vapi||Sikkim||Bardang, Gangtok|
|Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Gurgaon, Hisar, Jhajjar, Jind, Kaithal, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Mohindergarh, Panchkula, Panipat, Rewari, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat, Yamuna Nagar||Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Kanyakumari, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Namakkal, Salem, Thanjavur, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupur, Tiruvannamalai, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamsala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Palampur, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Sunder Nagarm Una.||Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Kodad, Mahabubangar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Ranga, Reddy, Secunderabad, Siddipet, Warangal.|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Anantnag, Awantipora, Baramulla, Jammu, Kathua, Pulwama, Samba, Srinagar, Udhampur.||Tripura||Agartala, Bisramganj, Khowai, Teliamura, Udaypur|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi||Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Amroha, Banda, Barabanki, Bareilly, Bijnor, Bulandshahr, Faizaabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Kaushambi, Lucknow, Mathura, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Varanasi|
|Karnataka||Bagalkot, Belgaum, Bellary, Bengaluru, Bidar, Bijapur, Chikballapur, Chikmagaluru, Davanagere, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Kolar, Mangalore, Mysore, Puttur, Shimoga, Surathkal, Tumkur, Udupi, Uttara Kannada.||Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Nainital, Roorkee, Rudrapur, Udham Singh Nagar|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thrissur, Trivandrum.||West Bengal||Asansol, Bankura, Berhampore, Bishnupur, Burdwan, Durgapur, Haldia, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Kolkata/Greater Kolkata, Krishnanagar, Siliguri|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Rewa, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain.|
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
There are 2 phases in RRB NTPC 2019 exam. The first stage and Second stage. Apart from these stages, there will also be an evaluation of the candidate's typing skill (for selected posts) through Typing Test.
- Mode of Examination: Both of these stages will be held in online mode i.e. computer-based test (CBT).
- Total Marks: the First stage will be for 100 marks and the second stage will be for 120 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and 1/3rd mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Duration: Total duration for each stage of RRB NTPC 2019 Exam will be 90 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- First Stage: First stage has 3 papers viz. General Awareness for 40 marks, Mathematics for 30 marks and General Intelligence & Reasoning for 30 marks.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Arithmetic Ability||20||20||1 hour 30 minutes|
- Second Stage: The second stage to has similar papers but General awareness will be for 50 marks, Mathematics for 35 marks and General Intelligence & Reasoning will be for 35 marks.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Arithmetic Ability||30||30||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||30|
- Type: Questions in both stages will be objective-type containing multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and the question paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu, and other local languages of the respective regional boards.
- Candidates have to go through document verification and medical examination in order to finish the selection process of RRB NTPC 2019 completely.
RRB NTPC Syllabus
The RRB sets the syllabus for RRB NTPC Exam. The RRB NTPC 2019 syllabus consists of different topics under the main subjects of General Awareness, Mathematics and General Intelligence & Reasoning. To score more in the exam, candidates should know all the topics covered in the syllabus.
- Level: Syllabus level of RRB NTPC will be up to the CBSE Class 10th.
- General Awareness: Basics of Computers and Computer Applications, Current developments of National and International Importance, Games and Sports, Art and Culture of India, Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India, Common Abbreviations, Famous Personalities of India and World, General Science and Life Science, History of India and Freedom Struggle, Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World, Indian Polity and Governance, General Scientific and Technological Developments, World Organizations, Environmental Issues, Indian Economy, Flagship Government Programs, Flora and Fauna of India, Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India.
- Mathematics: Number System, Elementary Algebra, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, Simple and Compound Interest, HCF, Ratio and Proportions, Percentage, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Analytical Reasoning, Statement - Conclusion, Venn Diagrams, Statement - Courses of Action, Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical Operations, Similarities and Differences, Relationships, Jumbling, Data Sufficiency, Decision Making, Puzzle, Maps, Interpretation of Graphs, Syllogism.
RRB NTPC Reference Books
Going through reference books is the next step in RRB NTPC preparation, once candidates are familiar with the syllabus and exam pattern. Books in regional languages are also available to help those who are opting to write RRB NTPC in the local language. Candidates should refer to RRB NTPC books containing solved previous year question papers and mock or practice sets, which should be used to achieve a better score. Some of the best books for RRB NTPC are listed below.
- RRB NTPC Study Package by Arihant Publication (in English)
- Popular Master Guide RRB Non-Technical Categories by R. Gupta (in English)
- RRB NTPC Preliminary 2019 by V V K Subburaj (in English)
- RRB NTPC Preliminary 2019 by V V K Subburaj (in Telugu)
- RRB NTPC Preliminary Exam Goalpost by Wiley (in English)
- Sampurn Guide RRB NTPC by Disha Publication (in Hindi)
RRB NTPC Result
The RRB NTPC 2019 result will be declared after one or two months of the examination on the official website and candidates will be able to check their result by using their roll number and name. Only those candidates will be shortlisted for 2nd stage examination, who clear the 1st stage exam according to the cut off marks. When the Railway Recruitment Board announce RRB NTPC 1st Stage Result 2019.
Steps to download RRB NTPC Result
- Step 1: Visit the official website of RRB.
- Step 2: The candidates should search for the "Result" tab on the top of the page and click on it.
- Step 3: The candidates have to search for the exam whose results he/ she want to see and click on the 'click here' link under the NTPC tab.
- Step 4: A pdf file will open showing the results in a Merit list. The list will show the candidates that have passed the 1st stage exam. The candidates can see if their roll number is in the list or not. If the roll number of a particular candidate is not on the list, then he/ she has not qualified for the exam.
- Step 5: The candidate can download the result and take a print out of the same and keep it safe for further usage.
RRB NTPC Cut-off
Candidates have to qualify the NTPC RRB first stage cut-off to write the second stage. And, candidates have to clear the final cut off to find their name in the final selection list. The RRB NTPC Exam Cut-off will depend on factors like the number of candidates appeared, a number of vacancies, the level of difficulty this year, the category-wise reservation criteria and of course the performance of the candidates in the exam. The official website is the best source for the past cutoffs for RRB NTPC Exam. Candidates should analyze the Cut-off marks of the previous years as a part of the preparation. Zone-wise expected RRB NTPC 2019 cut-off is listed below.
|Railway Zones||Cut Off|
RRB NTPC Recruitment
Candidates should compulsorily appear in the Computer Based Test (CBT) in each stage for RRB NTPC 2019 recruitment. Selection of the candidates will depend purely on the basis of the candidate's performance on each test. Those candidates who are shortlisted are required to appear for the document verification process, wherein they are supposed to produce necessary original documents. No candidate will be given any extra time to produce the documents. Conducting authority also evaluates the candidates of their fitness through a Medical Fitness Test. It is mandatory for candidates to pass the medical fitness test.
RRB NTPC 2019 Selection Process
RRB conducts following events for RRB NTPC Final selection
- First Stage Online Examination (PT – CBT)
- Second Stage Examination (Mains – CBT)
- Typing Test (Skill Test)
- Aptitude Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Test
- Final Merit List
Note: Candidates are advised to be aware of touts, brokers, and job racketeers trying to deceive by false promises of securing a job in the Indian Railways.
RRB NTPC Salary
- Grade Pay for different Post:
|Post Name||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|Commercial Apprentice (CA), Traffic Apprentice (TA)||9300 – 4800||4200|
|Asst Station Master (ASM), Senior Clerk-Cum-typist, Enquiry-Cum-Reservation-Clerk, Goods Guard, Junior Accounts Assistant Cum Typist, Traffic Assistant, Senior Time Keeper||5200 - 20200||2800|
- The salary scale for different Grade Pay:
|Name of the Component||Grade Pay 2800||Grade Pay 4200|
|3||Pay + GP||11360||13500|
|4||DA (72% of C)||9088||10800|
|7||New Pension Scheme(10% of C)||1136||1350|
|9||Total Deductions(H + I)||1536||1750|
|10||Net Pay (G-I)||INR 18912||INR 22550|
RRB NTPC Guidelines
Candidates should read the guidelines as per RRB NTPC 2019 notification:
- Mandatory: Candidates who will not carry the admit card with them will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- ID Proof: Candidates must bring a valid Photo ID (viz. Voter card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Passport, Identity Card issued by his employer in case the candidate is a Government employee, School/College/University Photo ID card etc.)
- Photograph: Candidates must also bring one passport size colour photograph with a clear front view of the candidate without headwear like cap and sunglasses (except for religious headwear as long as the face is visible), for appearing in the CBT/RRB NTPC 2019 examination.
- Call Letter: Just the issuance of Call Letter/e-admit card to the candidate does not mean that his candidature has been finally accepted by the RRB.
RRB Contact Information
|Regional Board||Address||Contact Number|
|Ahmedabad||Railway Recruitment Board, 1st Floor, Meter Gauge Railway Station Building Kalupur, Ahmedabad, Pincode 380002, Gujarat.||email@example.com||7922940773, 7922940858|
|Ajmer||Railway Recruitment Board, Ajmer, Nehru Marg, Near Ambedkar Circle, Ajmer, Pincode – 305028, Rajasthan.||firstname.lastname@example.org||0145-2425230|
|Allahabad||Railway Recruitment Board, Opposite to G.M/NCR Building, Near Subedarganj Railway Hospital, Subedarganj, Prayagraj, Pincode – 211011, Uttar Pradesh.||NA||0532 - 2224531|
|Bengaluru||Railway Recruitment Board No. 18, Miller’s Road, Near Cantonment Railway Station, Bengaluru, Pincode – 560 046, Karnataka.||email@example.com||080-23330378, 080-26558912|
|Bhopal||Railway Recruitment Board, Bhopal East Railway Colony, Bhopal – firstname.lastname@example.org||0755-2746660|
|Bhubaneshwar||Assistant Secretary RRB, D-79/80, Rail Vihar Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Pin code -751023, Odisha.||email@example.com||0674-2303015|
|Bilaspur||Railway Recruitment Board Beside General Manager/SECR's Office Complex, Bilaspur, Pincode 495 004, Chhattisgarh.||firstname.lastname@example.org||9752475667, 9752475651, 07752-247291, 07752-247287|
|Chandigarh||Railway Recruitment Board, Railway Colony, Near Railway Station, Chandigarh, Pincode -email@example.com||0172-2730093|
|Chennai||Railway Recruitment Board 5, Dr P.V. Cherian Crescent Road, Egmore, Chennai, Pincode – 600 008, Tamil Nadu.||firstname.lastname@example.org||044-28275323|
|Gorakhpur||Railway Recruitment Board, Railway Station Road Gorakhpur, Pincode – 273012 (U.P.)||email@example.com||0551-2205392, 0551-2201209|
|Guwahati||Station Road, Pan Bazaar, Guwahati, Pincode -781001, Assamfirstname.lastname@example.org||0361-2540813, 0361-2540815|
|Jammu||Railway Recruitment Board, Jammu-Srinagar Railway Colony (West) Jammu, Pincode – email@example.com||0191-2476757|
|Kolkata||Railway Recruitment Board Kolkata Metro Railway A.V. Complex, Chitpur, Opp. To R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital, R.G. Kar Road, Kolkata, Pincode – 700037, West Bengal.||firstname.lastname@example.org||033-25430108|
|Malda||Railway Recruitment Board, Kalibari Railway Colony, Malda, Pincode – 732102 (West Bengal)||email@example.com||0351-264567|
|Mumbai||Railway Recruitment Board, Mumbai Divisional Office Compound, Mumbai Central, Mumbai, Pincode - 400 202 (Maharashtra)||firstname.lastname@example.org||022-23071650, 022-23090422|
|Muzaffarpur||Railway Recruitment Board, Muzaffarpur, Lichi Bagan, Maripur Muzaffarpur, Pincode – 842001, Biharemail@example.com||0621-2213405|
|Patna||Railway Recruitment Board Mahendrughat, Patna, Pincode – 800 004, Bihar.||firstname.lastname@example.org||0612-2677680, 0612-2677011|
|Ranchi||Railway Recruitment Board Railway Office Complex PO-Chutia, Ranchi, Pincode – 834027 (Jharkhand).||email@example.com||0651-2462429|
|Secunderabad||Railway Recruitment Board, South Lallaguda, Secunderabad, Pincode – 500017, Telanganafirstname.lastname@example.org||040 2782 1663|
|Siliguri||Railway Recruitment Board D.B.C. Road, Siliguri, Post Siliguri Town, Siliguri, Pincode – 734004, West Bengal.||email@example.com||050-46652, 91-352-2663840|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Railway Recruitment Board, Thampanoor, Thiruvananthapuram, Pincode – 695001 Kerala.||firstname.lastname@example.org||0471-2323357|
RRB NTPC FAQs
- Q: Which categories have been taken into the ambit of Aptitude testing in CBT (Computer-based Testing) for RRB NTPC 2019?
- Ans: Those who have applied for the post of Assistant Station Master/ Traffic Assistant will be tested on the aptitude in RRB NTPC 2019 CBT.
- Q: What should the candidates keep in mind for the Aptitude Test?
- Ans: Following points are to be kept in mind for Aptitude test, RRB NTPC 2019.
- Go through the instructions carefully and understand the examples provided in the question.
- It is important to focus on every question to score maximum marks in the exam.
- Candidates should be aware of the time that is allotted to finish the exam, the candidates are advised not to waste the time as they are precious when it comes to the aptitude test.
- If you don't know the answer, do not waste the time on answering the question. Proceed to the next question or the questions that you are fully confident of.
- Relax your body and mind, which will help you to focus more on the test and improves the performance of the candidate.
- Q: Is it compulsory to produce the medical certificate to appear in the Aptitude Test?
- Ans: Yes, it is compulsory to produce a medical certificate to appear for the Aptitude Test RRB NTPC 2019. As per Annexure – IX of CEN No. 03/2015, Medical Certificate certifying the requisite vision on proper proforma duly signed and stamped by Eye Specialist is compulsory to appear in Aptitude Test. A colour photo should also be pasted on the space provided in the Medical Certificate and to be attested by Eye Specialist.
- Q: What will be the duration of Aptitude Test for RRB NTPC 2019?
- Ans: Duration of the Aptitude Test for the previous exam was 84 minutes.
- Q: Whether the Demo link of Aptitude Test be available for aspiring candidates?
- Ans: Railway Recruitment Board for the benefits of the candidates has created a demo test which was on their official website.
- Q: What are the documents that are required to produce by the candidate during the Aptitude Test?
- Ans: Candidates have to produce the following documents for RRB NTPC Exam:
- e-call letter for the Aptitude Test
- Recent passport-sized Photograph (colour)
- Medical Certificate issued by an Eye Specialist with his signature and stamp
- Valid Identification Card
- Note: No other document will be allowed inside the exam hall.
- Q: If a candidate fails to appear for the Aptitude Test, will the candidate be provided with a second chance to write the test?
- Ans: No, the candidate will not be given any second chance under any circumstances. Those who remained absent cannot participate in the further selection process for RRB NTPC 2019.
- Q: Which posts of RRB NTPC require a Typing Skill Test?
- Ans: Candidates will be tested on their typing skill if they had applied for the post of
- Junior Clerk cum Typist,
- Junior Time Keeper,
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist,
- Senior Clerk cum Typist,
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist and
- Senior Time Keeper.
- The other candidates will not be tested on typing skills.
- Q: How will the Typing Skill Test be conducted for the RRB NTPC 2019?
- Ans: Candidates will be asked to type on a computer that is provided by the conducting authority, Railway Recruitment Board that have the editing tools and spell check facility disabled. The fonts that are available for the candidates appearing Typing Skill Test in Hindi are KrutiDev & Mangal.
- Q: What is the duration of the Typing Skill Test for RRB NTPC 2019?
- Ans: The candidates will have ten minutes to complete the Typing Skill Test.
- Q: What is the minimum speed required to qualify in the Typing Skill Test?
- Ans: Candidates should be able to type 30 words per minute in English or 25 words per minute in Hindi to qualify in the Typing Skill Test.
- Q: What are the documents that are to be produced by the candidate on the day of the Typing Skill Test?
- Ans: Candidates have to produce the following documents
- e-call letter
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Valid ID proof
- Q: Is there any exemption for the candidate to not attend the Typing Skill Test?
- Ans: Candidates who belong to the PWD category are exempted from the Typing Skill Test. The candidates are supposed to submit a certificate from Competent Medical Board that is duly counter-signed by the Medical Superintendent/CMO/Head of the Hospital on the prescribed proforma which is provided in the Annexure - VIII. However, the candidates are supposed to be present on the venue/exam hall on the day of Typing Skill Test along with the E-Call letter, photo ID, photograph, and the certificate to submit the Exemption Certificate only then the attendance will be recorded.
- Q: How many candidates will be shortlisted for Typing Skill Test?
- Ans: The Typing Skill Test shall be conducted for the candidates equal to 8 times the number of vacancies available for all the posts it is necessary.
- Q: How will the merit be drawn for the posts of Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist and Senior Clerk cum Typist for RRB NTPC 2019?
- Ans: Typing Skill Test is the qualifying exam, though the marks obtained shall not be added for calculating the merit. The candidates will be put in the merit list based on the performance on Second Stage CBT and those who qualify the Typing Skill Test.
- Q: How will the paragraph be shown for the RRB NPTC 2019 Typing Skill Test?
- Ans: The candidate will have the paragraph for Typing Skill Test shown on the computer. The hard copy of that particular paragraph will not be revealed to the candidate.
- Q: Will the candidates be given a chance to rehearse before the actual Typing Skill Test in the exam hall?
- Ans: Yes, the candidates can rehearse before the Typing Skill Test in the exam hall of RRB NPTC 2019.
- Q: What happens to a candidate who has not appeared for the RRB NTPC 2019 Typing Skill Test?
- Ans: The candidate cannot attend the further process of the selection. He/She will not be given any alternative to appear for the exam no matter what.