RBI Grade B Exam Syllabus
Information about the topics that the candidate needs to prepare, is given in this section. According to the RBI Grade B Exam pattern, the Prelims paper consist of 4 sections and Mains paper consists of 3 sections.
The detailed syllabus for both Prelims and Mains exam is given below:
RBI Grade B Phase I (Preliminary Exam) Syllabus
The whole Prelims syllabus is divided into 4 sections:
General Awareness: Questions asked in this section will be based on the following -
- Banking and Finance: Banking Terms, Questions on Monetary policies, Economy and Finance Terms.
- Current Affairs: Recent Summits and Conferences, Appointments, Awards, National and International News.
- Static GK: Inventions, Parks, Dams, Temples, etc.
English Language: Questions asked in this section will be based on the following -
Reading comprehension, Synonyms and Antonyms, Para jumbles, Spotting Errors, Cloze Test.
Quantitative Aptitude: Questions asked in this section will be based on the following -
Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Time and work, Speed, Distance and time, Mixture and Allegation, Stocks and shares, Percentages, Partnership Clocks, Volume and Surface Area, Height and Distances, Logarithms, Permutation and combinations, Simple and compound interest, Equations, Probability, Trigonometry, Profit, Loss and Discount, Mensuration, Elements of Algebra, Data Interpretation, Pie Charts, Tables, Bar & Graph, Line charts.
Reasoning Ability: Questions asked in this section will be based on the following -
It includes - Coding-Decoding, Puzzle Input Output Logical / Analytical Reasoning, Puzzle Input Output Logical / Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement (Circular) (Inward Outward) Blood Relation based Linear Arrangement, Data Sufficiency Inequality Miscellaneous Questions.
RBI Grade B Phase II (Main Exam) Syllabus
The syllabus for Mains paper for RBI Grade B Exam is divided into 4 sections:
Paper I - Economic and Social Issues:
Growth and Development
- Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
Economic Reforms in India
- Industrial and Labour Policy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Role of Economic Planning.
- Opening up of the Indian Economy
- Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy
- International Economic Institutions
- IMF and World Bank
- WTO – Regional Economic Co-operation.
Social Structure in India
- Demographic Trends Urbanization and Migration
- Gender Issues
- Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favour of the underprivileged
- Social Movements
- Indian Political System
- Human Development
- Social Sectors in India, Health and Education
Paper II - English (Writing Skills): The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
Paper III - Finance and Management:
Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions.
Reserve Bank of India - functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions –SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
Financial Markets - Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity,etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, the role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector
- Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM)
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI - components and trends.
RBI Grade B Preparation Books
To score well in RBI Grade B exam candidates have to prepare well. For preparation, candidates have to study proper books. There are several books which cover the RBI Grade B Exam syllabus. Candidates can follow books of their choice, abiding by the syllabus. Some of the books are listed here.
- Resource Book to RBI Grade B Officer by Bookhive's Publications
- Reserve Bank Of India Officer Grade B by Arihant Publications
- RBI Grade B Officers Online Exam by Kiran's Publications
- Exam Goalpost RBI Grade B Officers Grade B by Wiley Publications
- RBI Grade B E-Book by Career Launcher