Details regarding IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria are discussed below. All aspirants must satisfy IBPS Clerk 2021 Eligibility Criteria before registering for this exam. Exam Eligible students can view the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern before preparing for the exam.
If candidates do not satisfy the prescribed eligibility criteria then the application form can be rejected at any stage.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Eligibility
Eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk Exam are set by the Institute of Banking Personnel. It can be categorized based on the following. All aspirants must fulfill all the mentioned criteria to attempt this exam.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Nationality Criterion
As prescribed in the IBPS Clerk 2021 Eligibility Criteria, the candidate must be a citizen of India/Subject of Nepal/Subject of Bhutan.
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India can also apply for this exam.
- A person of Indian origin who came from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India are also eligible to apply.
Note: All the above-mentioned candidates must possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Eligibility - Age Criterion
As prescribed, the IBPS Clerk 2021 age limit must be between 20 years to 28 years. Relaxation will be provided to the reserved category students as per the norms of the Government of India.
|Sr. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|4||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Service rendered + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen who belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years.|
|5||Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried.||9 Years|
|6||Persons ordinarily settled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.||5 Years|
|7||Persons affected by riots of 1984||5 Years|
|8||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only).||5 Years|
IBPS Clerk 2021 Academic Qualification
Minimum Qualification: A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Having studied English as one of the major subjects at SSC/HSC/Intermediate/Graduation level, a candidate must have cleared the same.
- Certificate: Candidate should possess the certificate of proof of passing the qualifying examination.
- Computer Knowledge: Candidates should have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations or the candidate should have studied Computer/Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- State Language: Candidates should know how to read, write, and speak the official language of the State or Union Territory from where the candidate is applying.
- Graduation Marks/Degree: A candidate must have possession of graduation mark sheet/degree certificate of graduation and should enter the authenticate marks obtained on the day of registering for the IBPS Clerk 2021 exam.
- Calculation of Marks: The marks obtained by a candidate must be calculated by taking all subjects studied in a course into consideration irrespective of honors/optional/additional subjects. And the percentage should be exactly indicated in the respective section of the IBPS Clerk 2021 online application form.
- Certificate for Ex-Servicemen: Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be a matriculate Ex-Serviceman who has obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force. They must have completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 09.10.2020. Such certificates should be dated on or before 09.10.2020.
Cumulative Basis: The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on a cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above in Point No. II (3) to II (8).
Maximum Age Limit: The maximum IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
Certificates for Age Relaxation: Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit the necessary certificate(s) in original/copies at the time of joining and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/Participating Organisation(s).
Rules for Ex-Servicemen: The following rules apply to Ex-Servicemen re-employed under the Central government who are appearing for the exam:
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’/ ‘D’ under the Central Government.
- However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on the second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
- If an Ex-Servicemen who has once joined a Government job on the civil side and availed benefits which were being given to him/her as an Ex-Servicemen for his/her re-employment, then his/her Ex-Servicemen status for re-employment purpose in Government jobs ceases.
- Candidates who are in the Armed Forces and are still desirous to apply under Ex-Servicemen category can do so. The date of completion of the specific period of engagement (SPE) must be one year from the last date for receipt of online application.