AAU VET 2020 Exam is a state level examination conducted every year by the Assam Agricultural University for the aspirants who are seeking admission into various undergraduate courses like Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry offered by the University. The examination is a pen and paper based exam. Based on the scores obtained by the candidates in AAU VET, seats are filled in the faculty and colleges for UG courses - BVSc and BSc-AH and PF courses as well. AAU also offers UG courses in Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, and Fisheries Science.
- Due to nation wide lockdown the AAU VET for this academic year has be cancelled. Assam Agricultural University will announce the AAU VET 2020 Merit list based on the performance of candidates in the Qualifying Exam.
- AAU VET 2020 Application Forms will be available from July 15, 2020. The Last date to fill the application form is September 6, 2020.
- The AAU VET 2020 exam that was scheduled to be held in June 2020 has been postponed due to the life-threatening risk of the COVID-19 pandemic. The AAU VET 2020 exam is now tentatively scheduled to be held in the 3rd week of August. The exact dates of the all the events related to the AAU VET 2020 exam will be announced soon.
- What is AAU VET?
- AAU VET Courses Offered
- AAU VET 2020 Exam Date
- AAU VET 2020 Eligibility
- AAU VET 2020 Application Form
- AAU VET 2020 Application Process
- AAU VET 2020 Syllabus
- AAU VET 2020 Exam Pattern
- AAU VET 2020 Exam Centres
- AAU VET 2020 Admit Card
- AAU VET 2020 Results
- AAU VET 2020 Counselling
- AAU VET Contact Details
What is AAU VET?
- About AAU: Assam Agricultural University is the first institution of its kind in the whole of North-Eastern Region of India. It was established on 1st April 1969 under the Assam Agricultural University Act, 1968’ with implementing farm education, conduct research in agriculture and allied sciences and to effectively disseminate technologies which are generated.
- About AAU VET: Assam Agricultural University Veterinary Entrance Test (AAU VET) is a State Level Entrance Test conducted by Assam Agricultural University, Assam for admission into six different courses (Agriculture, Horticulture, Veterinary, Fishery, Sericulture, Home Science).
- Conducting Body: Every year AAU VET is conducted by Assam Agricultural University, Assam.
- Exam Mode & Date: AAU VET 2020 Exam will be conducted Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) on September 17, 2020 at 3 AAU VET 2020 Exam Centres at Assam (Biswanath Chariali, Guwahati, and Jorhat).
- Registration Process: The Registration Process for AAU VET 2020 Exam involves the following steps Registration, Fee Payment, Filling the Application Form & Submit.
- Admission Process: Admission to the courses involve the following steps Physical Fitness, Fee Payment, Second Counselling, Third Counselling, Re-admission.
AAU VET 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check out the AAU VET 2020 Exam highlights which is mentioned in the table below:
|Exam Name||Assam Agricultural University Veterinary Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Assam Agricultural University|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Exam Date||Third week of August, 2020 (tentative)|
|Exam Centre||Biswanath Chariali, Guwahati, and Jorhat|
|Exam Mode||Offline, i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|No. of Question||200|
|Topics||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Section-wise Questions & Marks Division||Physics - 50 Chemistry - 50 Botany - 50 Zoology - 50|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for each correct response
0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answers
Note: Marks will not be deducted for the questions which not attempted/answered.
AAU VET 2020 Courses Offered
There are various courses in the field of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry offered by the University. Given below in the table are the courses offered by the Assam Agricultural University through AAU VET 2020 Exam.
|Undergraduate||B.V.Sc. and A.H.|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture|
|M.Sc. (Food Technology)|
|M.Sc. (Community Science)|
AAU VET 2020 Exam Date
- Registration: AAU VET 2020 Application Form will be tentatively available on the official website i.e. www.aau.ac.in. from August 1, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on September 6, 2020 (extended).
- Admit Card: AAU VET 2020 Admit Card will be available online for all the candidates from September 10, 2020.
- Examination: AAU VET 2020 Exam will be conducted offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) on September 17, 2020 at 3 centres in Assam.
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all the candidates on September 30, 2020.
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the AAU VET 2020 will be called for the AAU VET 2020 Counselling process which will be held on October 5, 2020.
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Important Dates
|AAU VET 2020 Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|AAU VET 2020 Application Forms Availability||August 1, 2020 (Announced)|
|AAU VET 2020 Application Forms Submission Deadline||September 6, 2020 (Extended)|
|AAU VET 2020 Admit Card Availability||September 10, 2020 To Be Announced Soon|
|AAU VET 2020 Date of Exam||September 17, 2020 Cancelled for this academic year|
|AAU VET 2020 Merit List/Result release||To Be Annouced Soon|
|AAU VET 2020 Date of Release of Cut-off||To Be Annouced Soon|
|AAU VET 2020 Date of Counselling||To Be Annouced Soon|
AAU VET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to appear for AAU VET 2020 need to first check if they satisfy all the AAU VET 2020 eligibility criteria implied in the entrance examination. Applicants can go through the eligibility criteria which is mentioned below.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/ Agriculture/ Forestry with minimum 50% marks for General/ OBC/ UPS category candidates and 40% marks for SC/ ST/ DAC from a recognized board of education.
- Age Limit: A candidate opting for undergraduate degree programme should be minimum 16 years of age as on 1st August 2020 (i.e. must have been born before 01‐08‐2003) for all the programmes other than B.V.Sc. & A.H.
- Note: The candidates serving as JRFs/ SRFs/ RAs at AAU are eligible to apply for admission into the postgraduate programmes subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria.
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
AAU VET 2020 Application Form
The AAU VET 2020 application form will be available on the official website. Candidates need to register themselves with their respective valid email id and contact number. All other required details like educational and personal details should be uplaoded by the applicant within the form. Application Form is available on the official website from August 1, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is September 6, 2020.
- Registration: AAU VET 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. www.aau.ac.in. from August 1, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on September 6, 2020.
- Registration Fee: Candidates have to pay INR 1,100/- for B.V.Sc. & A.H. and any Master’s Programme at AAU and for other degree programmes, the candidates should pay INR 500/‐ only.
- Documents Upload: Candidates have to upload the documents with the following dimensions and size AAU VET 2020 Application Form:
|Photograph||20 KB to 50 KB||3 cm * 4 cm||.jpg, .jpeg|
|Signature||15 KB to 30 KB||3 cm * 1 cm|
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Application Form
AAU VET 2020 Application Process
AAU VET 2020 Application Process involves the following steps which are mentioned below:
- Candidates should register with basic details such as Name, Email, Mobile Number.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature (Dimension of the photograph should be 3 cm X 4 cm with size maximum of 50 KB and minimum 20 KB. The Dimension of the signature should be 3 cm X 1 cm with size maximum of 30 KB and minimum 15 KB. The Signature and Photograph should be in '.jpeg' or '.jpg' formats.
- The Registration will be completed once the Photograph and Signature are uploaded.
- Fee Payment: Candidates must pay the registration fee online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking). Candidates will receive an SMS confirming payment receipt from AAUADM.
- Filling the AAU VET 2020 Application Form:
- Applicants can fill or edit the entered data in the application form for any number of times and save the data.
- Submit the Application Form only if all information is correctly entered.
- Note: Do not finalize the Application Form until all the information is correctly entered once submitted cannot be edited.
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Application Process
AAU VET 2020 Syllabus
- Syllabus: The syllabus for AAU VET 2020 Exam will be based on 10+2 or higher secondary school level education.
- Topics: Candidates will have to answer questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology which was studied in class 11th and 12th.
- Authority: The syllabus will be decided by the Assam Agricultural University for every section.
- Preparation: Students must make sure that they follow the correct syllabus referred by the authority to prepare well for the Assam Agricultural University Veterinary Entrance Test.
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Syllabus
AAU VET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode: AAU VET 2020 Exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) on September 17, 2020.
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Topics: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are the major topics in the AAU VET question paper.
- No. of Questions: The total questions will be 150 which is further subdivided for each section into Physics - 45, Chemistry - 45, and Biology - 60.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: one mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English.
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can refer the table mentioned below to understand about the AAU VET 2020 Exam Pattern in an easy way:
|Mode||Offline i.e, Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|No. of Question||200|
|Topics||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Questions & Marks (Section-Wise)||Physics - 50 Chemistry - 50 Botany - 50 Zoology - 50|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be given for the correct answer 0.25 will be deducted for the incorrect answers|
AAU VET 2020 Exam Centre
- Exam Centre: AAU VET 2020 Exam will be conducted in 3 different AAU VET 2020 Exam Centres in the state of Assam.
- Centre Cities: The Exam Centres where the Assam Agricultural University Veterinary Entrance Test will be conducted is Biswanath Chariali, Guwahati, and Jorhat.
- Change of Centre: Once opted for the exam centre, no request for changing the exam centre shall be entertained in any case.
- Id Proof: Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the admit card to the exam centre without fail.
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Exam Centre
AAU VET 2020 Admit Card
- Issue Date: The AAU VET 2020 Admit Card will be available online for all the candidates from September 10, 2020.
- Details: The AAU VET 2020 Admit Card contains the details such as Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Exam Date, Exam Venue, Photograph, Signature.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
- Note: If candidates fail to produce their AAU VET 2020 Admit Card to the invigilator at the exam center, they will not be permitted to attend the examination.
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Admit Card
AAU VET 2020 Merit List
- Announcement Date: AAU VET 2020 merit list will be declared on the official website for all the candidates once it is announced by the authority.
- Answer Keys: AAU VET 2020 conducting authority releases the answer key within 15 days of the exam date for candidates to check their performance.
- Merit List: A separate merit list will be created based on the marks scored by the candidate in the qualifyig examination.
- Cut-off: The cut-off marks for AAU VET 2020 will be published by AAU on the official website. Candidates can understand if they have qualified for further admission process by checking the cut off marks prescribed by the university.
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Results
AAU VET 2020 Counselling
- Commencement Date: Candidates who have cleared the AAU VET 2020 Exam will be called for the AAU VET 2020 Counselling. The dates of the counselling process has not been finalized yet. Once the AAU VET 2020 counselling dates are declared by the conducting authority, it will be updated here soon.
- Admission Process: Admission into the courses involve the following steps Physical Fitness, Fee Payment, Second Counselling, Third Counselling, Re-admission.
- Documents Required: Candidate has to submit the documents which are listed below during the time of AAU VET 2020 Counselling:
- 10th and 12th Mark Sheet
- Permanent Resident Certificate of Assam
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- AAU VET 2020 Admit Card
- AAU VET 2020 Scorecard
- Passport Size Photograph
- Get more information about AAU VET 2020 Counselling
General Instructions of AAU VET 2020
Applicants must understand the AAU VET 2020 instructions which are mentioned below and must follow them.
- The candidates are requested to submit the AAU VET 2020 Application Form online. Request for change of information in the submitted application will not be accepted in any case.
- As there will be no entrance examination held for AAU VET 2020, applicants need to know that the merit list will be based on their qualifying examination scores.
- No separate AAU VET 2020 Counselling call letters will be issued for the candidates appearing in the counseling. The list of candidates in order of merit will be uploaded in the University website www.aau.ac.in on 10th July 2020.
- The candidates have to submit the payment slips, confirmation sheet and self‐attested copies of all relevant documents at the time of counseling, failure of which will result in cancellation of his/her candidature. The candidates must produce the original documents during counselling.
- Candidates, if selected, should have to accept the admission immediately after the counseling on payment of necessary fees as given in the Information Bulletin. A candidate failing to accept admission on the day shall cancel the seat.
- Failure to report as per time schedule to the Selection Committee in person shall have no claim for the seat.
- Appearing in the counseling does not guarantee the right to admission in any programme. Selection Committee has the right to reject or accept a candidate under the rules.
- If the seats are filled before the candidates appear for counseling, the University will not be responsible for the non‐availability of seats.
- Candidates once admitted the inter‐college transfer will not be permitted in subsequent counselling.
- No relaxation on the above regulation will be allowed under any circumstances.
AAU VET 2020 Contact Information
Applicants can reach out to below mentioned AAU VET 2020 contact information if they have any queries.
- Address:Assam Agricultural University,
Jorhat, Assam - 785013.
- Telefax: 0376-2340001
- Email: [email protected]