The banking industry is the backbone of the economy of any country. It is one of the sectors that is never short of employment opportunities as there is a consistent need for hiring candidates. Candidates from different fields, including commerce, business, arts, and engineering, seek bank courses after graduation to enhance their career prospects. Banking courses after graduation is considered the most fruitful career option for the candidates.
- List of Banking Degree Courses
- List of Banking Diploma Courses
- List of Banking Certificate Courses
- Benefits of Banking Courses in India
- Banking Course Career Scope
List of Banking Degree Courses
It has been witnessed that candidates mostly prefer banking courses after BCom. However, there are various degree courses that can also be taken into consideration. Below are a few degrees that can be undertaken:
- BBA Banking and Finance
- BBA Banking
- B.Com Banking and Finance
- B.Com Banking and Insurance
- B.Com Banking Management
- B.Com Banking and Insurance
- B.Sc Banking and Finance
- MBA Banking and Taxation
- MBA Banking and Finance
- MBA Banking
- M.Com Bank Management
- M.Com Banking and Finance
- M.Com Banking and Insurance Management
- M.Com Finance, Banking, and Risk Management
- M.Sc Banking and Finance
- Master in Banking, Finance, and Insurance
- Ph.D. in Banking and Finance
BBA Banking and Finance
BBA in Banking and Finance is an undergraduate degree course and the course duration is around three years. The financial market’s program is also established under the category of commerce in several colleges. The Bachelor of Financial Market’s syllabus engages in developing firm financial traders and analysts by guiding them in the Financial Marketing industry. The course is an amalgamation of management with finance.
M.Com Banking and Insurance Management
M.Com Banking and Insurance Management course offering various principles and techniques of Insurance management. There are practical subjects that train students for the corporate world. This course revolves around providing in-depth knowledge in budgeting, insurance, administration, counseling, and many such terms that are associated with the corporate world. This course revolves around providing in-depth knowledge of finance and its importance.
Ph.D. in Banking and Finance
Ph.D. in Banking and Finance is a course that is very crucial and needs a lot of conviction to be attempted. The course revolves around a lot of analysis and methods of resolving challenges in the field of finance and banking. There are various techniques and researches that are explored and experienced by students. The course has a lot of potential and opportunities that can be explored by aspirants.
List of Banking Diploma Courses
The banking sector has a vivid and broad set of courses. There are various diploma courses that students can take up for better understanding and practical knowledge. Below is a list of different Diploma courses:
- Advance Diploma in Banking and Insurance Management
- Advanced Diploma Course in Banking Services
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Banking and Insurance
- Diploma in Banking Laws
- Diploma in Banking Management
- Diploma in Banking Services
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Management- PGDBFM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Bank Management- PGDBM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking - PGDB
- Post Graduate Diploma in Development and Investment Banking
Advance Diploma in Banking and Insurance Management
The diploma course focuses on a brief introduction to banking and insurance. There is a combination of subjects that are offered to students. Some different techniques and methods are implemented in this process. There are developmental skills and creativity that is taught to students. The curriculum is based on conceptual and practical teaching for the aspirants. It includes fieldwork, industry visits, case studies, and real-time assignments. The syllabus engages in developing firm financial traders and analysts by guiding them in the Financial Marketing industry.
Diploma in Banking Services
The Diploma in Banking services is a course that studies the foundation of different banking services in the industries. The course ensures to provide the learners the knowledge on trading banking services such as debit cards, credit cards, and different accounts that are used by customers. The course also concentrates on maintaining the resources of the company and better investment concepts.
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Management- PGDBFM
The Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Management courses available for the students who have an aptitude for finance, marketing, and accounts. The Bachelor of Financial Markets enlarges the views of the learners and guides them to trade across nations and it is provided under the department of commerce in certain colleges
List of Banking Certificate Courses
P.G. banking certification courses will help candidates to get a job in the banking sector. One may pursue these courses after completing graduation from a recognized University or Institute.
Listed here are some of the popular Certification courses
- P.G Certificate in Banking
- P.G Certificate in Banking and Insurance
- Certificate in General Insurance
- Certificate in Health Insurance
- Certificate in Telebanking
- Certificate in Banking and Sales Management
- Certificate in Investment Banking
Certificate in General Insurance
General insurance is a term that is often used for insuring non-living things. General insurance is a term that defines insurance but not life insurance. The course is designed in a way to offer students the aspects and roles of a General insurance manager. The different principles of the insurance industry. The course provides insights on various trading principles and procedures followed along with other aspects.
Certificate in Health Insurance
The certification course deals with providing students with the foundation and understanding of health insurance. The health insurance subjects include different types of health insurance and the benefits if the same. There are higher jobs in this field and the pay scale as well is decent to high.t helps the candidates in developing leadership and managerial roles. Students are offered knowledge-based and conceptual training.
Banking Course Subjects
Here are popular subjects in the banking and finance course.
- Banking Laws
- Commercial Bank Management
- Direct & Indirect Taxes
- Financial Markets in India
- International Banking & Finance
- Foreign Exchange
- Modern Banking Theory
- Marketing of Financial Services
- Principles of Finance
- Economics of Global Trade & Finance
- Business Policy & Strategic Management
- Management of Financial Services
Benefits of pursuing Banking Course
- The banking and finance job roles have very profitable remuneration, and most of the job roles have incentives attached in addition to your salary. It makes it worth your time to build a career in the banking and finance-related segment.
- The banking and finance segment requires you to communicate with people inside and outside the company; this helps you strengthen your professional network very rapidly.
- The banking and finance industry has to offer various job roles and career opportunities to fulfill people's requirements in a particular sector. Candidates can also opt for various banking courses online.
- If you are working as an investment banker or a trader, you will be expected to work 70-80 hours a week, and your work will be equally rewarded, and your remuneration will be much more than the usual jobs. After opting for a PG diploma in banking and finance courses there are various career opportunities in the future.
- Starting your career with a job role in the banking and finance-related segment helps you boost your long-term career goals
- Working in a reputed bank or financial institution helps expand your resume and increase your chances of getting a productive job in any industry. Also, it will be somewhat more comfortable for you to connect with the other companies in the same domain, and will be highly rewarded for your experience at a reputed financial firm.
- The average salary after pursuing banking and finance courses for freshers is between Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 12 lakh per annum
Banking Course Career Scope
With the rapid modernization of the banking industry in India, various job prospects in Banking and Finance has been created. Along with the banking industry, several financial sectors like Insurance, funding, stockbroking, investment, asset management, wealth management, Agro-finance, housing finance, auditing, mortgage, and several financial consultancy firms have emerged. They are catering to an ample amount of career opportunities. Choosing banking as a career is a wise option for those interested in growing fast in their careers and those who wish to get exposure to world markets at an initial stage itself.
Companies and leading banks such as G.E. Money, Max New York, HDFC, ICICI, HSBC, Standard Chartered, American Express select students from colleges for their B.P.O.s and K.P.O.s.
Best Colleges for Banking Courses
Here is the list of some of the colleges and institutes offering banking and finance courses in India
- JBIMS Mumbai
- NMIMS Mumbai
- TA Pai Management Institute
- IBS Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies
- IFMR Chennai
- GIM Goa
- Amity University Noida
- Which course is best for banking and finance?
Ans. Financial planning, excel modeling, digital marketing, professional communications, fintech, G.S.T., Selling skills, S.M.E. finance, Supply chain finance, etc. are the best courses that one candidate must opt for to enter in banking and finance domain.
- Can banking courses after 12th science be performed without maths?
Ans. Accounting operations won't demand actual statistical mathematics. However, any course on banking would need statistics and probability.
- What are the top recruiting banks offering job opportunities to the aspirants?
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Dena Bank
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Finance Firms
- Investment Banking firms
Ans. On average, starting pay could be anywhere between 25-60K INR per month. In the case of a Government job, the salary will be as per the pay scale and grade.
Ans. You can refer to the above article for the list of colleges for finance and banking related courses.