About VES College of Arts Science and Commerce, [VESCASC] Mumbai
Vivekanand Education Society started its educational activities in 1962 with 256 students in a High School. Today the Society runs a Primary and High School, Degree College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Polytechnic and Engineering College, College for Management Studies, Pharmacy College and Law College with over 20,000 students on its roll.
Vivekanand Education Society's College of Arts, Science and Commerce was established in June 1979. It has now completed 36 years & is permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai. Our College has minority status (Sindhi Linguistic Minority). We offer courses leading to graduation in graduation degree in B.A., B.Com. & B.Sc. We also offer graduation in specialized subjects namely B.Sc. in Computer Science, B.Sc. in Biotechnology and B.Sc. in Mathematics (Self - Financing) & other Self - Financing Degree Courses namely Bachelor of Management Studies, Bachelor of Mass Media, Bachelor of Science - Information Technology, Bachelor of B.Com. (Banking & Insurance), B.Com. (Financial Markets), B.Com. (Accounting Finance). We also have Post Graduation Courses namely M.A. (Psychology), M.A. (Public Relations), M.Com. (Accountancy), M.Com. (Management), M.Sc. (Microbiology), M.Sc. Chemistry (Organic & Analytical) by papers. Our Microbiology & Chemistry Department are also recognized for enrolling students for M.Sc. by Research and for Ph.D. in Chemistry.
“PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE IN HIGHER EDUCATION”
ENLIGHTENED SOCIETY THROUGH HOLISTIC EDUCATION
- To provide conducive academic atmosphere to students.
- To improve overall academic performance of students.
- To inculcate discipline as a value among students.
- To develop employable skills among students.
- To render service to society.
VES is committed to pursuit of excellence in the field of education in order to lead to development of good competent work force and contributing to nation building.
We endeavor to achieve this by continually improving our quality management systems through:
- Adoption of Innovative teaching methods.
- Providing creative enriching learning experiences.
- Student centric activities.
- Staff development programmes.
- Having quality control mechanisms in place.
- Continuous review of systems and processes to ensure Quality assurance.
- Enhancing Quality consciousness amongst staff and students.
- Creating a culture of total quality as a way of life.