Infrastructure facilities provided by Delhi University
The University of Delhi provides several amenities for its staff and students convenience. There are a post office and a bank on campus for the use by the University community as well as for the general public. There is also a D.T.C. Bus Pass counter and a Railway Reservation Counter for use by the University Community. Gandhi Bhawan holds several programs to further Gandhiji's ideals.
The Cooperative Store makes items of everyday use available at discounted price and is run by the University employees. The WUS Health Center provides comprehensive health services for the University community. The Computer Center, the University Press, and the University Science Instrumentation Center are some of the other facilities which can be used by the students and staff of the University. The University Guest Houses can be used by the University staff to house guests.
- The Delhi University Computer Centre is the central hub for ICT related services for the University of Delhi. With the commissioning of the University-wide network, via National Knowledge Network (NKN), the Computer Centre is in a unique position to serve the University for all its ICT needs.
- The University network consists of state of the art networking equipment catering to high bandwidth requirements with 10 Gbps fiber backbones at the distribution level and subsequent Gigabit backbones to provide connectivity to all faculties, departments, centers at the North & South Campuses and campus colleges. Off-campus colleges located in various part of Delhi are interconnected with the University network via 100 Mbps VPN connectivity for each college.
- At present more than 15000 nodes are connected on the network being served by more than 80 servers, 400 switches, routers and security devices. All University departments and colleges are connected to NKN for resource sharing with all major educational and research institutions across the country. ICT services including the internet are being provided across the University using 2 Gbps bandwidth at North Campus and 1 Gbps at South Campus as part of NKN.
DU Library System
- Delhi University Library System (DULS) consists of more than 34 libraries and is accomplishing its task of reaching to the wider academic community.
- DULS has advanced its web activity with the subscription to many high-quality electronic databases being made available through campus network to faculty, students, and research scholars. In addition to this 20 more databases are also accessible through UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium.
- DULS also promotes Open Access e-resources. DULS is regularly conducting innovative Information Literacy Programs (ILP) for the benefit of students, researchers and faculty members and also making efforts in developing tutorials to make the community proficient in the use of WWW.
- OPAC is also being strengthened. We endeavor to further improve all our efforts to facilitate right information to the right user at the right time.
Delhi University Library System includes the following major libraries:
- Central Library
- Arts Library
- Central Science Library
- East Asian Studies Library
- FMS Library
- Law Library
- Ratan Tata Library
- South Campus Library
- Braille Library (On DU Intranet)
Ratan Tata Library:
- The Ratan Tata Library the resource center of DSE is one of the finest in the country and is an institution in itself.
- The library maintains a collection of over 3 lakh volumes consisting of books, periodicals, documents, and journals.
- It also receives official reports and publications of Union and State Governments, International Institutions and bodies such as the UN, IMF, World Bank, UNDP and ILO, Other features of the library are: A fully air-conditioned study room set up through an endowment received from the Government of Netherlands.
- A Common reading hall which has a seating capacity of 120 students. Some of the best journals like the Harvard business Review, Bell journal of Economics and Management Science (USA), British Journal of Industrial Relation, Behavioral Science of University of Louisville Kentucky (USA) and a host of other.
- The Convention Centre of the University of Delhi is a state-of-the-art center for holding symposia, conferences, and workshops.
- It is fully equipped and has a hall with a capacity of 500 people and three smaller halls which can accommodate 50 people each. The Computer LabIt is imperative for all would be managers to not only have computer awareness but also the proficiency to use computers as an effective management tool.
- The programs ensure that the students have their I.T. skills in tune with the requirements of the emerging business environment. The Delhi University Computer Center (DUCC) provides the requisite infrastructure in the form of latest software and hardware to all the participants. Hardware Available: Fourteen servers of IBM RS/6000 series,85 Pentium Machines in a LAN environment, Multimedia kits and ISDN moderns for the Internet. Software Available: Windows 07/10, MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), PageMaker, SPSS, Prowess Database, etc. The Department of Commerce Computer Centre provides the requisite infrastructure in the form of latest hardware and software to all the participant. It also provides internet facility
- The seminar room is an ultra modern air conditioned room equipped with the latest multimedia projection system. It serves as the venue for holding guest lectures and corporate interaction programs.
- The International Conference will be held in the Conference Centre at the University of Delhi.
- This state of the art Conference Centre is located opposite the Department of Botany. This complex has a large air- conditioned conference hall, which can seat more than 300 people.
- The complex also has nine large and medium-sized committee rooms, boardrooms, computer room, and space which can be used for video-conferencing and as a media center.
- It has also a large room for coffee and tea breaks, a spacious and impressive lounge and a pantry. The Conference Centre has a beautiful green ambiance. The University community organizes academic conferences, national and international, on campus in this Conference Centre.
- The Conference Centre is Accessible and Disabled friendly and passed the Access Audit conducted by the "National Centre for Accessible Environments" in 2008.
- The media give it thumbs up in “value for money”. HT City rates the D’ School Canteen as the best in Delhi University.
- The DSE Canteen with its unique ability to make food addicts out of people from various milieu and various academic interests is a cultural statement for individuals who believe in an education that carries on outside the classroom.
- The fare includes the ubiquitous South Indian cuisine apart from stuffed paranthas and a horde of other non-vegetarian delicacies.
- Tea, soft drinks, and snacks are also served at a nearby Tea Stall in the campus, a kiosk that has stoically stood the test of time.
- Provision have been made for a select number of students of both the programs to be accommodated on merit basis in the following hostels of the University. For Men : P.G. Men’s Hostel, University Road International Students House, Mall Road Gwyer Hall, University Road Mansarovar Hostel, Guru Tegh Bahadur Marg D.S. Kothari Hostel, University Road V.K.R.V. Rao Hall, University Road Jubilee Hall, Khyber Pass Road For Women: University Hostel for Women, Chhatra Marg & Meghdoot Hostel, Chhatra Marg. Students should directly contact the office of the hostels concerned and apply as per the stipulated procedure well in time.
International Guest House:
- International Guest House which isSituated on the University Road and opposite the Faculty of Music, the International Guest House (IGH) is barely one hundred meters from the Vishvidyalaya Metro Station and one hundred meters from “the Ridge” (Kamla Nehru Park). Facilities include two committee rooms, the one on the ground floor offering state of the art facilities. The IGH has wifi, safe and clean surroundings and is managed by professional and helpful staff who attend to our guests at all hours.
- The IGH is a favorite with academic guests of the University from India and abroad.
- All bookings are made through the departments/centers/faculties of the University.
University Guest House:
- University Guest House is situated opposite to the Main University gate and is adjacent to P.G. Men's hostel. It has about 33 Guest rooms, 6 Bamboo cottage rooms and a dining hall for the guests that visit the University.