Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Distance Education was established in 1936. In 1946 it was declared Deemed to be a University. The main aim of this college is to provide quality education to individual who are the future of this nation. They promote Social Justics, Equality, Dignity and Human Rights.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Distance Learning Courses are very beneficial for its students.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Distance Education Quick Links:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Distance Education Highlights:
Year of Establishment
|Grade 'A' by National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC]
|University Grants Commission [UGC]
Type of Institution
|Central Library, Medical Facility, Auditorium, Cafeteria, etc.
|V.N. Purav Marg Deonar Mumbai - 400088, India.
M.A, PG Diploma
Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Distance Education Courses:
|| Digital Library &
Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Distance Education Placement Highlights:
- Over 300 companies have visited for recruitment
- Over 700 students got placed
- Companies like Deloitte, Airtel, Citibank, etc.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Distance Education Collaboration:
The TISS has over the years built bridges with many Universities around the world, below are some of the collaborations.
Collaboration with Universities in the USA:
- University of Chicago, Chicago, USA
- James Maidson University, Virginia, USA
- The University of South Carolina, Columbia, USA
- George Warren Brown School of School Work, St. Louis, USA
- The New School, New York, USA
- Wells College, Aurora, New York, USA
- University of Delaware, Delaware, USA
- Tulane University, New Orleans, USA
- The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
- Yeshiva University, USA
- The University of Nebraska for establishing a Global Consortium for Education in Family Studies
Collaboration with Universities in Europe:
- Roskilde University, Denmark
- Foundation Nationale Des Sciences Politiques, Paris, France
- Institut d"Etudes Politiques de Lille, Lille, France
- London School of Economics, London
- Management Centre Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
- Tampere University, Finland
- Muenster University, Germany
- University of Hertfordshire, UK
- University of Leuven, Belgium - Otto-von-Guericke-University, Magdeburg, Germany
Partnered with European Universities under the Erasmus Mundus:
- Lund University, Sweden [Lead/ Coordinating university]
- Albert-Ludwigs- University of Freiburg, Germany
- Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
- International Institute for Geo-information Science and Earth Observation, The Netherlands
- Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- University of Deusto, Spain
- University of Leuven, Belgium
- University Pierre and Marie Curie, France
- Vilnius University, Lithuania
Collaboration with Universities in Australia:
- The University of Sydney, University of Western Australia, and Griffith University- On 'Institutions for Food Security: Global Lessons from Rural India'
- Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Victoria University, Australia
Collaboration with Universities in Other Countries:
- York University, Canada
- Critical Edge Alliance - An alliance of progressive Universities in USA, Denmark, Brazil, Columbia, Morocco, and India
Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Distance Education Infrastructure Facilities:
- There are two health centres, one in the main campus near hostel no. two and the other one in new campus ground floor hostel no. five.
- In case of an emergency, any time doctors are available on phone and during night hours if a student requires hospitalization vehicle is made available.
- The Counselling services at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, began in mid-90's and are a part of Student Support Services. The Counselling Centre has been providing services like individual counseling and developmental group activities for TISS students and staff.
- The Dining Hall serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. It is managed by the Institute on a no profit no loss basis.
- The Gymkhana of TISS, located in the main campus, is a two-story building and has space for a well equipped Gymnasium and space for Yoga.
- There is a full-fledged indoor badminton court, two very popular table tennis boards and other indoor games like carrom.
- There is a fully-equipped gym that is available for students to use.
- Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library at TISS has more than 25,000 new books.