1.There are around 8 hostels for Girls and 12 hostels for Boys. The P.hd Scholars stay at Separate hostel.
2.There are no such private provision of PGs as the hostels are enough to accomodate students. however if one wants to stay in PG then it's farer than Campus and they mostly charge 1000 per month without food.
3. I don't like the Hostel Mess food, yea it is apparent that we can't have the home made cusine taste in mess food. The Mess cooks don't use much of oil and spice which make the meals tasteless but there is no health hazard because of Mess Food. The cost per day is Rs. 65 which includes meals of Breakfast, Launch, Snakes in the evening and Dinner at night.
1. The class timing is from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm but in somedays of the week the second hour is off. Exams are conducted in every month but you will always have pressure of Assignments. Every week you get to complete 2-3 Assignment of vast prospective which needs field work and interaction with new people.
2. The teaching style of every faculty is different. Some are at Superficial level of teaching whereas some other teach the basic levels and moderate. Online contents are given to students for exam reference.
3. I just have completed my first year and within one year I learnt being confident, organised, skilled in different softwares for designing Infography, Posters, I also learnt photography, videography, TV and Radio Production. As a student of Pondicherry University I could know the kind of working a journalist has and also how to be ready in time. There were different workshop organised by the department that always taught us to be person of job, no matter whatever is the time if there is any news of human interest then they have to step out of their comfort zone and do the ground reporting. When I was a beginner I felt like I can't continue the course anymore for the kind for hectic pressure we were put on but at the end of semester only I realised those are the shaping tools used on me that really will give a bright future..
1. Course fee for Mass Communication is INR 16k per annum and hostel mess fee is 9k per same.
2. The scholarship is provided as per the ranking in Entrance exam for the first Semester but in further semesters the top 3 scorers in Academic Semester exam are chosen. The scholarship is provided by the University Admin and it is 1500, 1200 and 900 per month to the respective rank students.
3. Scholarship provided by University per department is 3 but those who belong to Special classes can apply through university welfare office to their respective state government Scholarship.
4. I don't think the loan is needed for pursuing this course in Pondicherry University.
1.I am an intern in Getmyuni company and it is my first internship as a part of my curriculum activity.
2. Yes companies like Marketing and Sales hire students as Social Media Markerter, Advertiser and public relation officer.
3. The salary depends upon the type placement one gets. It varies from 50K to 2L. Fifty percent of students get placement but mostly in Media organisation.
4. Alumni in Mass Communication Department are very Co-operative and have fine bonding with students.
1. To get a seat for MA in Mass Communication one must have a Degree in any Discipline but students with BA in Journalism & Mass Communication or B.Sc in Electronic Media are mostly preferred.
2. I appeared Entrance Examination for MA in Mass Communication.
3. The students are selected as per the rankings score in the examination. There is reservation for Schedule Castes, Shedule Tribe, OBC and the Pondicherry local students.
There are many clubs organizing various events from conferences to sports events. The life is good in the university.
There are 6 hostels for girls and 13 hostels for boys. The food in the hostel is average. There are no hostel fees for girl students. The fee in the mess is Rs.65/ day. Labs have all new equipment and there's WiFi connection all over the campus.
The university provides a great environment for academics. Classes start at 9:30 am and ends at 5:30 pm.
The course fee is the lowest compared to other universities. Also, there is scholarship for students who get admitted via entrance exam. There are also many scholarships for SC/ST students. There is merit scholarship for excelling students in each course.
Placement opportunities are given for every department in the university for deserving students.
The entrance exam to the course was a bit tough, but it's all worth to get admitted here. The faculties in the department are knowledgeable and experienced. Every admission to the course in the university is done via entrance exam by the university itself.
Many students clubs are there Rama Navami is the main festival on campus Excellent in overall
*8 hotels are there. I spend INR 6800 for hostel fee INR 4000 Good and its cost INR 3800 Quality of infrastructure is good
*weekly 5 days classes * Quality of teaching is good *The overall experience is excellent
₹50000 is course fee No scholarship opportunities Available *10 * No loans are not needed
* no internships or stipends *They don't conduct campus interview at very best level *Average salary-₹20,000, highest salary-₹38,000 percentage of batch get placed 48% *Alumni network is good
*the entrance exam is the eligibility criteria and admission procedure is so simple for my course *Pondicherry University entrance exams *160/200 is the cut off for the course
Class starts from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, we have lots of group projects, the exam is on every 6 month semester wise and we have lots of assignments to write, 3 times for each subject. Method of teaching is excellent and mostly they used PowerPoint. Its a nice experience in this college we also have many curriculums and festival as well.
The course fees are Rs.40,000(INR) for academic and Rs.20,000(INR) for hostel fees. We have TNAI scholarship but according to merit list but no one gets a scholarship so far. Some student gets loan for the course from the hospital where they work before.
There are many clubs and associations available here. The overall experience in college is good.
We have good hostel facility. PG's and houses for rent are available near the campus. It costs INR 2000 to 4000 per month. The college food is good, but it is mainly south Indian meals.
Class timings are from 8 am to 12 pm. Method of teaching is very good, overall experience in the college was good
I paid 40000 INR per year, scholarship is given to deserving candidates for higher education.30% of students get scholarship, loans are available with all major banks since this is a central university.
We had internship at ELGI Coimbatore, most are manufacturing companies like sharp electoludes, Lakshmi metal works, shakti auto components etc.The salary was around 30000 INR to 45000INR, some 10 candidates were placed. Alumni network is good .
The admission criteria is to have a degree and clear university entrance test with a good rank
We have student clubs, astrology club, quiz society, self-help groups etc. Hostel day is the main festival in the university. Life on the campus is awesome.
There are 20 hostels with good facilities. The fee is INR 4,000 per month for boys and food is good which costs INR 23 per meal. The infrastructure is good.
The class starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. Quality of teaching is very good.
The course fee is INR 9,000 per annum. The scholarship is available for the SC students. Around 50% of the students avail it.
I haven’t done any internship yet. I don’t know much about the companies taking part in the recruitment drive.
Candidate must have passed the 12th with economics and mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognized institute to get admission in this college. Minimum 60% cutoff mark is required. The candidate must clear the specific entrance exam conducted by this university.