There are around 54 departments and student activities are a major part of the vibrant campus atmosphere. There are language, nature, ecology, astronomy clubs, and other social clubs.
As we have students all over the nation, we celebrate every festival like Onam, Ugadi, Pongal, Diwali, Holi, etc. Annually there are at least 5 football cups and other tournaments. The campus life is colorful and one of its kind.
Altogether there are 21 hostels in the university. Girls don't have to pay room rent as it is a Central University. The mess fee is around 10000 every semester.
The university offers PG and Ph.D. courses and its cost per month is the same as the Integrated courses. (varies for Ph.D.). The food cost Rs 65/ day, which is most affordable to every student and is above average. The University has excellent classrooms, labs, and other facilities.
Class timing depends on the courses chosen as we have the Choice Based Credit System. The General Working hours is from 9:30 am to 5 pm. The quality and method of teaching are excellent with experienced faculties, well equipped laboratories and computer labs. My overall experience in the college was amazing, as it where I got to meet and be with people around the nation.
Pondicherry University, Puducherry Fee Structure. The fee for my course is Rs 6,000 per year.
There are many scholarship options available depending on academic excellence. Academic scholarships apply to the top 3 students in every batch (without considering reservation) and top 5-10 (depending on annual income).
If needed, loans are easily availed as the university comes under the Central Universities.
The average salary is Rs 3000-5000 per month. The main companies that hire are from IT, Marketing, and e-Educational fields. Pondicherry Central University has a great alumni network extending across the nation. There are also regional alumni networks that help everyone keep in touch with their college days.
The eligibility for the course was determined through an all India Entrance Examination, for students who passed 12th std. The Pondicherry University Entrance Examination. As it is a Central University, the typical cut-offs vary each year concerning the reservation and other factors.
There are separate hostels for UG, PG, and Research scholars that have 24 Hours of electricity with power backup and Wi-Fi enabled buildings. The peaceful and lush green campus feels like heaven on earth.
Many cultural and sports events are organized by the departments in the university. From management to physical education. There is also a Hostel day which happens once a year, but not really a party. There is Student Elections happening every year, a representative from each department is elected and gains an opportunity to become the president, secretary, and members of the Students council. But independent candidates don't really get a chance because student political parties dominate here.
Pondicherry University, Puducherry fee structure. My course fee is Rs.37000/- per year. The college offers scholarship opportunities to the students both on means and merit cum means basis. The top 10 highest scorers of each department are eligible for the scholarship provided their annual parental income is less than 2,50,000 per annum.
Students get early exposure to industrial life at the time of six to eight weeks long Summer Internship Training. The department has a track record of excellent placements for its students. But students have the option to opt-out from campus placement and look for themselves as well. Organizations, including multinationals, regularly visit the campus and most of the students are recruited through campus selection. Companies that recruited the students of the Department in the past include top-notch travel agencies such as Thomas Cook, SOTC, Cox & Kings, Ease My Trip, etc.
The eligibility criteria for the course MBA (TTM) for the year 2020 is based on IIM CAT 2019 scores.
1.There are around 8 hostels for Girls and 12 hostels for Boys. The P.hd Scholars stay at Separate hostel.
2.There are no such private provision of PGs as the hostels are enough to accomodate students. however if one wants to stay in PG then it's farer than Campus and they mostly charge 1000 per month without food.
3. I don't like the Hostel Mess food, yea it is apparent that we can't have the home made cusine taste in mess food. The Mess cooks don't use much of oil and spice which make the meals tasteless but there is no health hazard because of Mess Food. The cost per day is Rs. 65 which includes meals of Breakfast, Launch, Snakes in the evening and Dinner at night.
1. The class timing is from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm but in somedays of the week the second hour is off. Exams are conducted in every month but you will always have pressure of Assignments. Every week you get to complete 2-3 Assignment of vast prospective which needs field work and interaction with new people.
2. The teaching style of every faculty is different. Some are at Superficial level of teaching whereas some other teach the basic levels and moderate. Online contents are given to students for exam reference.
3. I just have completed my first year and within one year I learnt being confident, organised, skilled in different softwares for designing Infography, Posters, I also learnt photography, videography, TV and Radio Production. As a student of Pondicherry University I could know the kind of working a journalist has and also how to be ready in time. There were different workshop organised by the department that always taught us to be person of job, no matter whatever is the time if there is any news of human interest then they have to step out of their comfort zone and do the ground reporting. When I was a beginner I felt like I can't continue the course anymore for the kind for hectic pressure we were put on but at the end of semester only I realised those are the shaping tools used on me that really will give a bright future..
1. Course fee for Mass Communication is INR 16k per annum and hostel mess fee is 9k per same.
2. The scholarship is provided as per the ranking in Entrance exam for the first Semester but in further semesters the top 3 scorers in Academic Semester exam are chosen. The scholarship is provided by the University Admin and it is 1500, 1200 and 900 per month to the respective rank students.
3. Scholarship provided by University per department is 3 but those who belong to Special classes can apply through university welfare office to their respective state government Scholarship.
4. I don't think the loan is needed for pursuing this course in Pondicherry University.
1.I am an intern in Getmyuni company and it is my first internship as a part of my curriculum activity.
2. Yes companies like Marketing and Sales hire students as Social Media Markerter, Advertiser and public relation officer.
3. The salary depends upon the type placement one gets. It varies from 50K to 2L. Fifty percent of students get placement but mostly in Media organisation.
4. Alumni in Mass Communication Department are very Co-operative and have fine bonding with students.
1. To get a seat for MA in Mass Communication one must have a Degree in any Discipline but students with BA in Journalism & Mass Communication or B.Sc in Electronic Media are mostly preferred.
2. I appeared Entrance Examination for MA in Mass Communication.
3. The students are selected as per the rankings score in the examination. There is reservation for Schedule Castes, Shedule Tribe, OBC and the Pondicherry local students.
There are many clubs organizing various events from conferences to sports events. The life is good in the university.
There are 6 hostels for girls and 13 hostels for boys. The food in the hostel is average. There are no hostel fees for girl students. The fee in the mess is Rs.65/ day. Labs have all new equipment and there's WiFi connection all over the campus.
The university provides a great environment for academics. Classes start at 9:30 am and ends at 5:30 pm.
The course fee is the lowest compared to other universities. Also, there is scholarship for students who get admitted via entrance exam. There are also many scholarships for SC/ST students. There is merit scholarship for excelling students in each course.
Placement opportunities are given for every department in the university for deserving students.
The entrance exam to the course was a bit tough, but it's all worth to get admitted here. The faculties in the department are knowledgeable and experienced. Every admission to the course in the university is done via entrance exam by the university itself.
Many students clubs are there Rama Navami is the main festival on campus Excellent in overall
*8 hotels are there. I spend INR 6800 for hostel fee INR 4000 Good and its cost INR 3800 Quality of infrastructure is good
*weekly 5 days classes * Quality of teaching is good *The overall experience is excellent
₹50000 is course fee No scholarship opportunities Available *10 * No loans are not needed
* no internships or stipends *They don't conduct campus interview at very best level *Average salary-₹20,000, highest salary-₹38,000 percentage of batch get placed 48% *Alumni network is good
*the entrance exam is the eligibility criteria and admission procedure is so simple for my course *Pondicherry University entrance exams *160/200 is the cut off for the course
Class starts from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, we have lots of group projects, the exam is on every 6 month semester wise and we have lots of assignments to write, 3 times for each subject. Method of teaching is excellent and mostly they used PowerPoint. Its a nice experience in this college we also have many curriculums and festival as well.
The course fees are Rs.40,000(INR) for academic and Rs.20,000(INR) for hostel fees. We have TNAI scholarship but according to merit list but no one gets a scholarship so far. Some student gets loan for the course from the hospital where they work before.
There are many clubs and associations available here. The overall experience in college is good.
We have good hostel facility. PG's and houses for rent are available near the campus. It costs INR 2000 to 4000 per month. The college food is good, but it is mainly south Indian meals.
Class timings are from 8 am to 12 pm. Method of teaching is very good, overall experience in the college was good
I paid 40000 INR per year, scholarship is given to deserving candidates for higher education.30% of students get scholarship, loans are available with all major banks since this is a central university.
We had internship at ELGI Coimbatore, most are manufacturing companies like sharp electoludes, Lakshmi metal works, shakti auto components etc.The salary was around 30000 INR to 45000INR, some 10 candidates were placed. Alumni network is good .
The admission criteria is to have a degree and clear university entrance test with a good rank
We have student clubs, astrology club, quiz society, self-help groups etc. Hostel day is the main festival in the university. Life on the campus is awesome.
There are 20 hostels with good facilities. The fee is INR 4,000 per month for boys and food is good which costs INR 23 per meal. The infrastructure is good.
The class starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. Quality of teaching is very good.
The course fee is INR 9,000 per annum. The scholarship is available for the SC students. Around 50% of the students avail it.
I haven’t done any internship yet. I don’t know much about the companies taking part in the recruitment drive.
Candidate must have passed the 12th with economics and mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognized institute to get admission in this college. Minimum 60% cutoff mark is required. The candidate must clear the specific entrance exam conducted by this university.