Scholarships provided by the University
Pondicherry University Merit Scholarships
Pondicherry University Merit Scholarships are awarded by the Pondicherry University, a premier university of India that was established in October 1985 by the Government of India through an Act of Parliament.
Pondicherry University Merit Scholarships are provided to students at the postgraduate level on a merit cum means basis. A number of scholarships are awarded to the students by the Government of India, the Government of Pondicherry, the UGC and the Pondicherry University that are aimed to cover expenses related to their desired areas of study.
- Merit cum means scholarships are recognized both by the Government of Pondicherry and the Pondicherry University. Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who got the highest percentage of marks in P. G Admission entrance examination.
- Around, 20% of the students in each PG Degree program are eligible for the award of MCM Scholarship of the University. This scholarship is based both on the merit of the student and his parental income not more than Rs. 30, 000 per annum.
- Also, 20% of the students in each of the PG degree program are eligible for the award of ‘Freeship’ which includes the tuition fee for one academic year. Such ‘Freeships’ are only available to students whose annual parental income not more than Rs. 30, 000
- Pondicherry University Merit Scholarships are awarded by the Pondicherry University to the meritorious and the needy students studying in the different departments of the university.
- For awarding the scholarships, the academic performance of the students and their annual parental earning are basically taken into influence. Duration Pondicherry University Merit Scholarships are basically awarded on the basis of the semester unless otherwise mentioned.
Applications for Pondicherry University Merit Scholarships generally made by the candidate at the time of admission. The University guides the student regarding the various different application procedures.