About Madurai Sivakasi Nadars Pioneer Meenakshi Women’s College, [MSNPMWC] Tirunelveli
Madurai Sivakasi Nadars Pioneer Meenakshi Women’s College, (affiliated to Alagappa University) was established in 1999. It is situated at Poovanthi which is 20 Kms away from Madurai, on Madurai-Sivagangai Road in Sivagangai District, spreading over 15 acres. This institution particularly aims at the upliftment of rural women in and around Poovanthi. Even though it was started by Madurai Sivakasi Nadars Uravinmurai, a charitable society, the institution caters to the needs of all the members of public without any discrimination of caste, creed or religion.
As an institution of higher education for women with 16 years of expertise in education, the institution aims at instilling in rural women a thirst for knowledge, the fervour to preserve the tradition and culture of India, cherish the ethical and spiritual values and uphold a life of purity and discipline. Thus, the institution renders dedicated service to the less-privileged sections of the rural community.
The College has been fulfilling the norms and guidelines of the University Grants Commission (UGC) and affiliated to Alagappa University, Karaikudi. The college has been recognized by UGC under 2f and 12(B) Act of 1956 to receive financial assistance from UGC and from other Central Resources.
- Our quest is to empower women with self reliance and poise (by promoting multidimensional capacities equipped with necessary levels of knowledge, & life skills) without caste, creed & religion.
- To impart higher education to the downtrodden and economically backward rural women promoting excellence and academic competency.
- To strengthen the moral fiber of the institution to holistic development based on love, justice, equality and peace.
- To empower the Indian women with a higher academic status, leadership qualities and service mindedness to gain pride of place in Indian society and in the world.
- To promote excellence and academic competency.
- To incorporate and coordinate all programmes that promotes students access and success.
- The institution has always strived to form and maintain quality in all its activities spanning across academic, research and pupils education.
- College is committed to impart Quality education to the youth enabling them to develop the right attitude, professional competence and inculcating the right ethical values.
- Upgrading the infrastructure to meet the high level standards
- Training the students in maintaining greenery and natural resources for secured future.