About Sri Parasakthi College for Women, [SPCW] Tirunelveli
Sri Parasakthi College for Women was established in 1964 at Courtallam, with an appropriate and powerful name Sri Parasakthi under the control of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Board of Tamil Nadu, with the Commissioner, H.R &C.E (Admn.). The college was instituted with the sole objective of promoting women's education. Sri Parasakthi College for women, situated on the lap of sylvan settings and surrounded by silver cascades, is a source of knowledge, with high aims and ideals as the lodestar in its path of progress.
The main aim of the college is to design academic programs and activities to empower and uplift rural women, to prepare the stakeholders with employable potential thereby make them self dependent and self confident, to inculcate civic sense and social commitment in stakeholders and mould them as responsible citizens, to create an intellectual community in and around our area and to mould the stakeholders with holistic personality traits.
To transform rural girls with fossilized rural mind-set into women with potential through academic, value and career oriented teaching, ensuring equity, accessibility and excellence, thereby contribute to national development.
- To design academic programs and activities to empower and uplift rural women.
- To prepare the stakeholders with employable potential thereby make them self dependent and self Confident.
- To inculcate civic sense and social commitment in stakeholders and mould them as responsible citizens.
- To create an intellectual community in and around our area.
- To mould the stakeholders with holistic personality traits.
Why to join Sri Parasakthi College for Women?
- Experienced Faculty Members- All faculty members of the college are highly qualified doctoral & with research oriented background.
- Academic Facilities- College excellent support facilities like audio visual room, photocopier facility, technology enabled smart class room, library, hostel, computer laboratory and auditorium.
- Scholarship- Institute provides various scholarships to the financially challenged students and weaker section society students to help them in their studies. It also provides financial support from the institutions.