All festivals are celebrated on the campus. The life in MCC is enjoyable. We can study and experience with it.
There are three hostels for women and three hostels for men. There is a canteen with clean & hygienic foods available. The infrastructure of the campus is very excellent.
Morning batch timing is from 8:30 am to 1:30 am, and for evening batch timing is from 1:45 pm to 6:15 pm. The method of teaching is extraordinary.
There are three internal exams and an end semester exam. Many projects and assignments will be given. We study as well as experience life in MCC.
Madras Christian College, [MCC] Chennai Fee Structure. The course fee is about INR 75,000 per annum.
There are many scholarships available for the students, and loans are not needed.
The alumni of our college are very important persons; all are in high positions.
The eligibility criteria for the course B.Sc Microbiology is to score high marks in PCB.
I didn't attend any entrance exam, and there is no entrance exam for the admission of a bachelor degree. Exams are only for master degrees.
The typical cutoff is above 90% in +2 PCB subjects.
NSS, NCC, and the Scrub Society are some of the famous societies and associations in MCC. Besides, the drama club of MCC is famous in Chennai.
The annual cultural festival, Deepwoods, attracts thousands of students in and around the city.
There are three hostels for boys and girls. The college has dedicated media labs and theatre for students belonging to journalism, mass communication, and visual communication. The college houses a well-maintained library that students can access.
As the course is part of the self-financing stream, the college timings are from 1 pm to 6 pm. The course is filled with hands-on training on reporting and editing news. The course covers journalism, designing, production of the newspaper, magazine, and advanced photography. The course serves as a boot camp for future journalists.
Madras Christian College, [MCC] Chennai Fee Structure. The course fee is about INR 40,000 per annum.
The college provides scholarships to deserving students according to the government stipulated eligibility.
Although there is no campus placement for the journalism course, the candidates can participate in the placement organized by other departments. Companies from the newspaper and publishing industry also see a graduate from MCC as an asset.
The course requires a minimum of 60% in 12th examination and a good score in English. The candidates will also attend an interview with the head of the department based on which they get admitted into the course.
1) MCC has the College Union Society which consists of the Vice President (professor) , Chairman, General secretary, cultural convenor, Literary and Debate convenor, Amenities convenor, Women's convenor, academics convenor, the department representatives of all departments and the class representatives. College has NCC, nss and scrub society. MCC also has the non-resident women's forum which conducts activities for girls in the college like self-defence workshop and other competitions. 2) Each hall has a fest which can be attended by everyone. They conduct competitions too which can be attended by halls only. Few competitions can be attended by other colleges. Martin hall conducts galarompics (games) for halls. Margaret hall conducts Dionysia which is a drama- theatre competition for halls followed by a stand up comedy for which a stand up comedian is called. Barnes hall conducts atarah which has beat boxing, rap, fashion show for the halls. Selaiyur hall has literary and debate competitions for halls followed by a band and dj night for everyone. Thomas'hall has dance competitions for other colleges followed by a band and dj night for everyone. Heber hall has competitions for bands and individuals to showcase their talent in music. They conduct it for mccians as well as other colleges which is followed by a band performing for everyone. Every department also has their own event which can be based on culturals or academics. Aurora is conducted by non resident women's forum for girls of MCC and other colleges. There are inter department sports competitions also. Deepwoods is the three day college fest of MCC. It has cultural and literary and debate competitions followed by musical events in the evening on all three days. 3) MCC is a place of freedom. Freedom makes us or breaks us. The choice is ours.
1) Hostels in MCC are known as the halls. There are three girls' halls and three boys' halls. I am not in the college hostel. As far as I know the fees per year comes around INR 30,000. For a few of the halls the rooms are little small as it has been there for more than 80 years. 2) PGs outside the college are fine. Most of them don't provide good food. The one where I am staying is decent enough. 3) Food in college canteen is good and cheap. Things like lemon rice are available for INR 20. 4) The quality of infrastructure is good. The college is 184 years and it still has the essence of what the Scottish missionaries left. The microbiology lab needs an update. WiFi facility is okay. More fans should be there in the classroom. More ramps can be constructed for the differently-abled.
1) MCC has two shifts- aided (morning) and SFS (evening). My classes happen in the evening from 1:45 pm-6:15 pm. We have research and fieldwork in every semester. Each semester has three internals. Two are written tests and the third one is activity-based (best of three). At the end of the semester we have the end semester exams. Assignments are given for the third internal. 2) Quality and method of teaching isn't great. The way the concepts are explained isn't up to the mark. Sometimes we even get portions which aren't even taught by the professors. Only 1-2 in the department know how to teach. 3) MCC is an amazing college. The place is all about holistic development and not just about academics. That is true education. But the administration here is the worst of all.
1) MCC fees for the 1st Semester is INR 45,000 and for the 2nd Semester it is INR 25,000 2) There are a few scholarship options. Not sure of their names 3) Yes, loans are needed. Not sure about the bank and the ease of access
1) Cancer Institute, World vision 2) Campus recruitments are there for fields related to finance, marketing and sales and few other fields
Eligibility criteria for my course is as follows- 1) UG percentage 2) Entrance exam, Interview and group discussion
Madras Christian College, [MCC] Chennai B.Sc Fee is Rs. 26,000 per year. Two options Minitority scholarship and a college scholarship. I think 2000 students.
There are many companies like HCL, Justdial etc. Salary is based on their percentage and based on the values of the persons. Our Alumni are Dr Radhakrishnan, Dr.Rajendra Prasd, and many famous people.
Madras Christian College is one of the most familiar college in India . Eligibility is 80 % and above in Higher Secondary School admission procedure is all through Online only not by manual. There is no entrance exam in our college. For my course above 70 % is enough
Students must get atleast above 550 and particularly accounts, business maths, commerce must be above 95. There is no entrance exam. Cut off should be above 95.0 only for major subject
Nss, NCC, Scrub society, Sports etc. are the groups in college. It's compulsory that a student should engage in any of these groups during their course period. There various festivals on campus especially those conducted by college hostels (halls) like Moonshadow, Ustav, Octavia etc. Deepwoods is a famous cultural festival in college which is conducted in every year. The life in mcc is wonderful. Always we have something to get engaged in.
There are 6 hostels inside college. Three for girls and three for boys. Hostel fee is 32k per year without mess bill. Mess bill should pay separately. Along with these lot of PGs are available near college with reasonable amount as fees. There is a canteen in college. Different varieties of food items are available there starting from 30rps.We have well equipped class rooms with necessary facilities. We have a library with vast collection of books, it also provide free Wi-Fi.
For aided students class is from 8.30-1.30. We have three internal continuous assessment exams other than semester exam per semester. Our faculties are well experienced and trains us well. I'm lucky to be a part of this college.
Currently I am not doing any internship. Certain companies are coming for recritments in college at regular intervals. The type of company will change according to the department a student belongs. We have a strong bunch of alumni who are helping us in everything.
The admission process is online. Through the college website we can apply for the course and pay the application fees. The eligibility criteria for degree course is plus two or equivalent. For my course there was no entrance exam. Admission was completely on the basis of plus two marks. Usually a person with plus two aggregate percentage more than 90 will get a seat in government quota. But for some courses like B.com cutt off is pretty high.
The college life is good. Every year in February, college cultural deep woods is conducted.
There are 3 halls for boys and 3 halls for girls in the campus. The cost of food is cheaper than outside.The infrastructure is good.
There are two shifts in the college. day and evening shift. day college timings are 8:30 am to 1:30 pm and evening college timings are 1:45 pm to 6:15 pm. The quality and method of teaching are not upto the mark. But the campus environment is good.
My fee is INR 80000 per year. If you score good marks you can get a scholarship. Loans are not provided by the college.
MCC helps students to get placed in big companies. Lot of MNCs come for campus interview.
There is no entrance exam. They choose you on the marks scored in class 12.
The life in the college is good in general. Deepwoods is the main cultural in the college and it is celebrated grandly by the students and the college faculty's There are a lot of student societies like NSS, NCC etc are available in the college.
There are 2 hostels for girls and 3 hostels for boys in the college. The hostel fee ranges from INR 20,000 p.a and mess fees range from INR 2000 to 3000 There are a lot of pg available near the college and the cost of such pg are high The food in the hostel are average and edible There is no wifi facility in the college but other facilities like lab, library etc are available with good quality and neat maintenance.
For day college students the timing of the college is 8.30 am to 1.00 p.m for evening college students the timing of the college is 1.45 p.m to 6.15 p.m The quality and the method teaching is really good in the college. There are well educated and experienced lecturer's in the college. The overall experience in the college is good.
The course fee for b.com is INR 10,000 per semester for evening college students(self-finance stream) for day college students it is comparatively less. Scholarship options are available to day college students (Govt. aided)
In MCC lot of companies come for campus recruitment. Companies like EY, PWC, IBM, Deloitte etc hire candidates from MCC campus. The salary package they provide is also good, the salary provided by them ranges to INR 3,00,000 p.a and they look forward to candidates who have more than 75% in their academics. The alumni network of the college is also good.
The eligibility criteria for the college admission is to score good marks in 12th standard. There is no entrance exam in the college. Your 12 std grade is the only criteria that the college is relied upon. There are no typical cutoffs for the course.
There is 3 basic society to choose from- the NCC, NSS and the scrub society.There are a number of different clubs and association based on the student's interest. Deep woods is the main festival of the college which lasts for 3 days between 15-17 Feb every year. All the halls have their own fest which is held before the deep woods.The life in college is really good overall
6 hostels are there, 3 for boys and 3 for girls.Hostel fee is around INR 30000 per year with mess bills around INR 3-4k a month.PGs are available nearby the college, the cost is around INR 7k per month including food. One can get a meal for around 20-60rs inside the college.The classrooms are well maintained with wifi facilities available in some departments.
The class is divided into morning and evening. Morning is the government added batch those fees are also much less as compare to the evening batch which is self-financed.The teachers are really good and supportive of the students.The overall experience is good
The fee is around INR 50000 per year for my course but varies depending on the course you choose.
People with good marks can apply for scholarship and stipend can be applied by the students from the poor background. Placement depends on the skills of the person and the departments which they belong to. Alumni include S.Radhakrishnan, Benny Dayal etc
Anyone who had passed 10+2 with more than 50% is eligible to apply. No entrance examination and no cutoff marks. The facilities are really good with the good environment inside the college.