Reviews About Government Medical College and Hospital, [GMCAH] Chandigarh
- Classes are scheduled from 9 AM to 5 PM in Government Medical College and Hospital, [GMCAH] Chandigarh.
- The quality and methods of teaching are good.
- All classes are smart classes and are well furnished.
- All in all, college is good.
- Societies and all are not that prevalent in our Government Medical College and Hospital, [GMCAH] Chandigarh.
- We have an annual fest, "Euphoria", held in Feb, which is the largest medical festival of North India.
- Plus we have another annual fest "plexus" which we observe in September every year.
- Sports week is also observed here.
- Life, in general, is good we students live as a family here.
Master of Surgery [MS] (Ophthalmology), batch of 2018
The daily routine is good here. The quality and method of teaching are also good.
Glimpse (College Magazine) is only literary activity is available here. My life in college is good.
About Government Medical College and Hospital, [GMCAH] Chandigarh
Government Medical College & Hospital (GMCH), Chandigarh was established in 1991 with the objectives to fulfill the glaring deficiency of an undergraduate Medical College in the Union Territory of Chandigarh which offers the best educational facilities in all other fields. The college was granted provisional affiliation for the MBBS course by the Punjab University. The Government Medical College will be attached to a teaching hospital. The college has been recognized for the award of MBBS degree by Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
The college has been consistently ranked among top 25 medical institutions in India. The college has been established to act as a center for continuing medical education programs for various categories of technical and non-technical personnel of different disciplines working within and from other institutions/hospitals and to render facilities for conducting research activities relating to different specialties, as and when required.
- It was started with a minimum intake of 50 students, and now has been increased to 100
- The priority of GMCH is to provide teaching and training facilities of outstanding standard to the medical students
- It has set new standards in healthcare and attracts a large number of patients both regionally and nationally.
- The College is affiliated by the Punjab University for the MBBS course.
- Admissions to this Medical College are purely made on merit basis.
- GMCH has nearly 250 teaching staff including both the basic and clinical departments and an addition of 70 junior residents.
- College has been recognized for the award of MBBS degree by Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- GMCH offers UG courses in various allied health sciences. It also provides post-doctoral training in mostly all clinical specialties. The faculty is extremely qualified and is selected directly through UPSC
- Besides the academic excellence, students of this College have consistently performed well at different cultural, literary and sports activities
- The Institute offers several facilities to its students so that they can pursue their courses without any obstruction and achieve the goal of their life through the education offered by it. The facilities offered by the university include Health Care, Hostel, Library, Guest House & several others
- The college has been consistently ranked among top 25 medical institutions in India.
- Students of this College have consistently performed well at various University examinations which are conducted by the Punjab University form time to time.They have also performed extremely well at the interviews conducted by the UPSC, Armed Forces Medical Services and the interviews conducted by other State Public Service Commissions. A huge number of students have been placed abroad, in countries like USA
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone: 0172-2601023,2601024 Ex:4321