Infrastructure at G Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science, [GNITS] Hyderabad:
Within a short span of time, G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology & Science, for women grew an infrastructure with 7 permanent buildings including two Hostel Blocks. The buildings have been aesthetically designed with good ventilation and up to date departmental labs. Infrastructure facilities for Games and Sports, a separate center for English Language Learning (CELL), HOBBY Clubs by the technical branches, Departmental Libraries by the respective departments, hostel within the campus premises and college buses are the facilities available in the campus. The campus has 16 computer centers optimally networked to cater to the academic requirements of the students of all branches. A leased line of 15MBPS and Wi-fi facility is provided for the complete campus. The college library has increased its volumes to over 34000 (approx) books including handbooks, reference books etc., with the reprographic facility. 900 computers are provided to students and staff in the college.
- G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science provides accommodation to students wishing to reside in the hostel. The hostel also has a Hostel Council which is an advisory body comprising the Warden of the Hostel (as its Chairman), the Asst. Warden and the elected student secretaries as its members.
- Every student who has been admitted to the institute is required to pay the prescribed hostel seat rent and establishment charges. These charges are subject to revision from time to time.
- The rooms vacated by the outgoing students are made available by the warden for other students.
- After completion of this process, the number of vacant rooms available in a hostel for allotment to freshers is intimated. Each room is provided with a cot, a table, a chair, a bookshelf, and a cupboard.
- Residents cannot move the furniture or fittings from one room to another.
- Private cooking in the rooms is prohibited.
- A number of recreational, sports and social activities take place in the hostel during the academic year.
- A few rooms in the hostel are used for common facilities such as the Computer room(20 computers are available), indoor sports, etc.
- A laundromat is available in the hostel for use by the residents.
- Students can relax in the evenings or on holidays by spending their leisure time in the common room which is equipped with a T.V, newspapers, and magazines.
- One half of the common room houses a table-tennis (TT) board as well.
- Avid sports enthusiasts can take the sports equipment from the sports room which is maintained by the Hostel.
- An external security agency is contracted for providing security at the hostel.
- The services of the security personnel are monitored by the warden and the assistant warden.
- Library currently has 33545 volumes and 8023 titles. It subscribes to 33 international journals, 73 national journals, and 30 magazines.
- Spacious & serene environment spread over 15044 sq.mts of the area with duplex construction.
- Separate PG section and discussion rooms.
- 19 lakhs spent for improvement & upgradation of library
- facilities in the previous academic year.
- Access to e-Library to all students & staff through campus
- Access to IEEE online journals & papers through INDEST
- Reprographic facility
- Additional cards to meritorious students
- Power back up UPS of capacity 25 KVA
- Periodical book exhibitions by reputed publishers
- The college provides college transportation for the students and staff on payment basis.