About East Calcutta Girls College, [ECGC] Kolkata
East Calcutta Girl's College, Kolkata was established in 1992. This college is the fruitful outcome of a long struggle of some local residents who are committed to provide appropriate facilities for Higher Education among girls. The college is affiliated to Calcutta University. The college is accredited by N.A.A.C. with C+ Grade and recognized by U.G.C. The mission of the college is to inculcate a sense of dedication, discipline, understanding and social responsibility.
East Calcutta Girls' College visualizes a life-oriented and down to earth education which finally empowers the recipients to become more humane, liberal and practical in outlook. Along with educational up-gradation, the college aspires to nurture in the minds of our students a deep sense of integrity towards their country and society.
East Calcutta Girls' College, Lake Town visualizes a life-oriented and down to earth education which finally empowers the recipients to become more humane, liberal and practical in outlook. Along with educational up-gradation, the college aspires to nurture in the minds of our students a deep sense of integrity towards their country and society. Enabled and empowered they consequently respond pro-actively to concerns and conflicts inherent in today's hardcore materialistic world, especially those of women and underprivileged persons. Expectedly therefore, once out of the Institution they become the ideal agents to both transform and develop the world around them.
- To inculcate a sense of dedication, discipline, understanding and social responsibility.
- To synergize women and the underprivileged regarding their basic human rights.
- To facilitate leadership among students and thereby enabling them to fulfill their commitments towards society.
- To foster interaction, kinship and cultural tolerance
- Departments of Botany
- Departments of Chemistry
- Departments of Commerce
- Departments of Computer Science
- Departments of Economics
- Departments of Education
- Departments of English
- Departments of Geography
- Departments of History
- Departments of Journalism
Admission in 2015 - 2016 will be going on as long as seats are available . 'Online admission Forms' are available in the college website.
Seates are available of the following Honours Course:
The last date of the form submission of following Honours Courses: 02/07/2015
Rules and Regulation for admission in Honours and General Courses –2015
(As per Rules of the West Bengal State University)
(a) A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate with 45% Marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous Qualifying examination in which that subject is included.
• 55% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination.
(c) SC or ST candidates having 40% marks in aggregate or 40% marks in the subject or related subjects in her previous qualifying examination are eligible to apply in Honours courses.
N.B: Students of CBSC & ICSE Board having at least 30% marks in five subjects are eligible to take admission in General Courses.
• Students are advised to fill up Admission Forms accordingly and the college will not be responsible for any error or lapses committed by the students while filling up Admission Forms. Incomplete admission forms shall not be entertained. Only eligible candidates will get admission in this college.
Documents to be produced at the time of Counselling and admission .
• Original admit card of Madhyamik or any other age proof certificate
• Original Mark Sheet of Class X level
• Original Mark Sheet of Class XII level.
• Original S.C./S.T.,OBC-A,OBC-B Certificate
• Original Migration certificate, wherever applicable
• Application Fees receipt.
• Print out of the submitted forms.
Documents to be attached with the form :
• All Photo copies duly attested as mentioned in above.
Photocopy of ‘Blood Group' certificate will produced at the time of admission. Otherwise she will enlist her name in the office. A ‘Blood group' test camp will be held in the month of July' 2015 after admission.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel. 9433531594, 9477001138, 9433072775
Office : 033-25348039
Principal Desk : 033-25210154
email : firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com