About Devaswom Board College, [DBC] Kollam
The Devaswom Board College, Thalayolaparambu, the second educational institution of its kind managed by the Travancore Devaswom Board, was established in the year 1965. The college is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. The college had its affiliation to the Kerala University in the the beginning and when the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam was established in 1983, the college came under its jurisdiction. The institution initially started functioning as a Junior College in 1965 with 6 batches of Pre-degree classes and a students strength of 480.
In 1972 the college was upgraded as a Degree College with the induction of BA Malayalam, Politics and BSc. Botany. The College now offers Degree courses in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Hindi and Commerce also. We also have Post Graduate courses in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Malayalam.
The student strength of the College at present is nearly 1150. There are fifty six members on the Teaching Staff and 43 members on the Non-Teaching Staff. Our college is situated i n Thalayolaparambu a rural area far from the din and bustle of city life. The college campus spreads on both sides of Thalayolaparambu-Ernakulam road. It is a scenic spot of natural beauty spreading over 22 acres of greenery all around. The idyllic, picturesque and serene ambience of the college provides an ideal environment for higher learning.
- Moulding of an enlightened and well equipped society
- Creation of a generation capable of lending itself effectively to the nation-building process
- Raising of a community that adheres and advocates universal brotherhood and fellow feeling.
The mission of the college is:-
- To be the potent force behind the all-round development of the students.
- To enable them to be self-sufficient and self-reliant in facing the challenges of the changing world.
- To contribute to the growth and progress of the nation through excellence and quality in education.
- To attain lofty standards of knowledge through higher education and research, and lay a solid foundation for the nation-building process.
- To facilitate the process of dissemination of knowledge to all the citizens especially the needy and the downtrodden.
- To inculcate in the students the need for moral and ethical values in life.
- To idealize the concept of the teaching-learning process as the basis of the nation-building process.
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Malayalam
- Department of Politics
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Physical Education
For more details about admission please contact :-