About Daulat Ram College
It is a premier educational institution for women in Delhi, India, founded by an educationist, late Shri Daulat Ram Gupta in 1960. It is a prestigious women’s college engaged in imparting liberal education to women. The college, a large constituent college of the University of the Delhi, originally started as ‘Pramila College” at 22 Tilak Marg, Delhi with 13 members of teaching staff, two office staff and about 350 students. In 1964, the college shifted to its present premises in North Campus, University of Delhi and was re-named as ‘Daulat Ram College‘. The institution has since grown into a full-fledged extended college of the University of Delhi. The college has acquired a strong identity and has evolved into a prestigious women’s college with its own distinct culture and traditions. It imparts education towards degrees at the Bachelors level in Arts, Science, and Commerce. It has seven departments which enroll students at the Masters level and hold M.A. tutorials which supplement the classes held at the respective Departments at the University of Delhi. At present, the college has 18 departments and over 3200 students on rolls.
- The college holds a leading position both in academics and sports.
- The college has acquired The Star College status from the Government of India and has acquired equipment and undergone training in curriculum updates.
- Our students have been winning laurels for the college by consistently securing top ranks in the University of Delhi Annual Examinations. The Department of Physical Education offers facilities for gymnastics, table tennis, athletics and other games.
- The college was selected as a training venue for Rugby for the Commonwealth Games, 2010. The college has recently set up a Gymnasium with modern facilities.
- Co-curricular activities like various interest clubs, societies, subject associations, the Women’s Development Centre, Eco-club, N.S.S. and N.C.C. are available for the overall development of our students
- To provide an opportunity to old students to connect to their alma mater, the college has an active Alumni Association.
Departments within the college
- Nutrition & Health Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Address: 4, Patel Marg, Maurice NagarDelhi 110007
- Phone: 011 - 2766 7863