Scholarships at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, [BITS] Pilani
A large number of scholarships, fellowships, and other financial assistance are available to the students of the institute.
Institute Merit and Merit-cum-Need Scholarships
- Students admitted to Integrated First Degree Programmes are eligible to receive these awards.
- The merit awards cover reimbursement of full semester fees and admission fees for top ten students of each batch, and 50% or 25% semester and admission fees for those selected for Merit-Cum-Need awards.
- In favor of the merit awards, students are automatically considered, and students desirous of being considered for the merit-cum-need awards need to apply each semester in response to the concerned notice.
- On an average, these awards benefit a little over 20% of the students.
- All awards are made for one semester only, and their continuance in the subsequent semester depends upon the candidate's performance in the institute.
Student Aid Fund
- Some financial assistance may also be obtained from this fund.
- These awards are made normally in the second semester only. Students have to apply for this assistance in response to a notice.
Other Scholarships & Aids
- Student Welfare Division also forwards applications from students for scholarship/ financial aid to external agencies.
- The Division, in the case of special need, tries its best to help the students, by all possible means.
- Various schemes operate under the Earn While You Learn Programme (EWYLP) from which financial assistance is available.
- These include magazine distribution, service in supermarket ‘Akshay’ or in the library. EWYLP operates through Community Welfare Unit.
- Some students are selected as Professional Assistants each semester for laboratory work, office assistance etc.
- The selection and operation of the assistantship is done through Instruction Division.