Infrastructure Facilities at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, [BITS] Pilani
- The Institute is fully residential and hostel accommodation is provided to all students.
- Permission to become day-scholar may be granted only under exceptional circumstances where student's parents or close relatives are residents of Pilani.
- There are eleven hostels for boys and one hostel complex for girls. The hostel rooms are fully furnished. Common room facilities with Cable TV and telephone are available in each hostel.
- Internet connectivity has been provided in all hostel rooms.
- Solar water heating systems are provided in all the hostels.
- There is a common kitchen cum mess unit for every set of two boys' hostels.
- Girls' hostel, however, has a separate mess of its own, situated within the boundary of the hostel.
- It is mandatory for the students staying in the hostel to have their food in the Hostel Messes.
- The messes attached to hostels are fully managed by the students.
- Each hostel also has a facility for volleyball, table tennis, badminton, chess, carom, etc.
Games and Sports Facilities:
- Games and sports are organized through the Sports Club.
- The Institute has on its rolls Physical Director, Senior Coach, Life Saver (both male & female), Martial Art Instructor and other supporting staff.
- Facilities for the following games and sports are available: Football, Hockey, Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis, Athletics, Gymnastics, Health Club, Swimming, Water Polo, Weightlifting etc.
- Besides organizing routine activities in above-mentioned sports, the Sports Club also conducts the BITS Open Sports Meet (BOSM) in the First Semester every year in which several outstation teams participate.
- The health club is equipped with advanced exercising machines for weight training and an aerobic exercise floor. A 25 x 12.5 m swimming pool provides a facility for learning swimming, playing water polo and racing. Students can become members of Swimming Club/Health Club on payment of prescribed fees.
Cultural and Recreational Facilities:
- While the actual management of student activities is the responsibility of the Union & other bodies, the Division provides necessary support.
- The Students’ Union operates various clubs, including Music, Dance, Hindi Drama, English Drama, Hindi Press, English Press, Creative Activities, Mime, Photography, and Poetry Clubs, English Language Activities Society, and Hindi Activities Society.
- There are also several departments, which help organize various student events.
- Traditionally students organize OASIS, a cultural festival sometime during the days adjoining Dussehra or Diwali.
- The students also organize a Professions-Oriented Gathering over Educational Experience (APOGEE), an Academic Week during the Second Semester, which may be aptly described as the academic get-together of the University Youth.
- A classical music circle called 'Ragamalika' aims at encouraging budding talent among the students in music and dance.
- It also arranges performances by leading artists in the field of classical music and dance.
- In addition, there is also a BITS Pilani Chapter of SPIC-MACAY, which organizes programmes to promote Indian classical music and culture amongst youth.
- BITS being an all-India Institute, there are also regional associations like Maurya Vihar, Sangam, Andhra Samiti, Tamil Mandram, Maharashtra Mandal, Moru Chhaya etc. conducting several special programmes on festivals.
- Recreational Activity Forum (RAF) that comes under the Student Welfare Division regularly organizes film shows for the BITS community. Currently, RAF organizes twelve, English and Hindi movies each, through the semester.