About Bharathi Women's College, [BWC] Chennai
Bharathi Women's College (Autonomous), Chennai was established in 1964 is a Government Autonomous College affiliated to the University of Madras. The College is recognized by the University Grants Commission and reaccredited by NAAC with B grade. The College offers 13 UG, 12 PG, 5 M. Phil & Ph. D programs. The goal and objectives of the college is to achieve excellence in education in the sciences, humanities and commerce Studies with need based curriculum and to equip students with marketable skills through add on courses in order to enable them to function in a competitive professional sphere.
The vision the college is to impart quality education with a view to future employment and inculcate self-learning so that learning becomes a life-long process with a special focus on the empowerment of women. The mission statement of the college is to enlighten and empower women to reach out and lift up the underprivileged by imparting value-based, job-oriented education and to inspire and instill integrity, chasten and chisel good citizens to launch the nation into the global league.
To be non-pareil in academic pursuits
To Enlighten and empower women to reach out and uplift the underprivileged by imparting value-based job-Oriented education. We aim to inspire and instill integrity, chasten and chisel good citizens to launch the nation into the global league.
Why to Join Bharathi Women's College, Chennai?-
- Provides Financial Assistance– With a focus to serve the unprivileged section of the society, the College provide financial assistance to students in the form of Scholarships. About ten financial assistance programmes are being run by the college, few of them are- BC-Scholarships, MBC-Scholarships, SC – Scholarships and University Scholarships for Merit students.
- Soft Skills Training and Placement- The College impart various soft skills as a part of value added programme, such as developing the art of persuasion, negotiations and arguments, leadership and team building, and Communication Skill Enhancement Training. The Placement Cell of the College has been successfully able to generate placement and training opportunities for the students.
- Accreditation- The college is Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘B’ grade.
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Tamil
- Department of History
- Department of Telugu
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Only Women candidates are eligible to apply.
- Should have appeared for the Plus Two examinations (HSC) conducted by the TamilNadu State Board or its equivalent and secured a pass in all the subjects.
- Should not exceed the age limit of 24 years as on July 1st. (Relaxation of 2 years permitted for the Physically Challenged candidates)
- For PG Courses, the candidate should have completed a UG Degree from The University of Madras or any other equivalent Universities.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 044 – 25280720
Email - email@example.com
Tel. 044 – 25286411
Office of the Controller of Examinations
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 044 – 25285723