Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College (BRSC), Barrackpore was established in 1953. The college is accredited by NAAC. The institution initially functioned from Debiprasad High School and affiliated to the University of Calcutta. College Runs 06 autonomous PG and 25 UG courses. More than 35% of teachers are pursuing active research in their respective fields operated under UGC, State Govt. & other Central Funding. College also funds 06 research projects. It is affiliated to West Bengal State University.
The vision of the college is to make the College a Centre of Excellence and an institution of national acclaim. The mission of this college is to ensure and sustain quality in education, to provide value-based and value added education with a view to instilling self-confidence among the students and to inject energy and vigor among the youth and help them to learn, grow and evolve so that their dreams come true.
To make the College a Centre of Excellence and an institution of national acclaim.
- To ensure and sustain quality in education.
- To provide value-based and value added education with a view to instilling self-confidence among the students.
- To inject energy and vigour among our youth and help them to learn, grow and evolve so that their dreams come true.
- To make our students socially committed and adaptable to global changes.
- Advancement of learning accompanied by modern teaching aids.
- Provision of need based higher education to cope with the changing requirements of the society.
- Attainment of excellence through academics.
- Department of Bengali
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Urdu
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of History
- Department of Journalism
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Physical Education
For more details about admission please contact :-
Telephone : (033) 2592-0603 / 8855,
Fax : (033) 2594 5270,
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com