Are you confused about pursuing M.Tech after B.Tech? Get Eligibility, Admission, Specializations, Syllabus, Job Scope, Salary, and Top Colleges.
M.Tech after B.Tech is one of the best options for a higher degree. M Tech is a 2-year postgraduate curriculum that offers in-depth engineering knowledge & research. After completing a B.Tech program, most students pursue an M.Tech degree to increase their employment options. Global companies such as Microsoft and Google prioritize people with an M. Tech degree. This article will describe the various benefits of pursuing an M.Tech after B.Tech.
Table of Contents:
- Why Pursue M.Tech?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Top Colleges
- Is it worth it?
Why Pursue M.Tech after B.Tech?
One of the most critical factors that play an essential role in achieving success is a person's educational qualifications. Obtaining an advanced degree from the best engineering department in India allows students to apply their technical skills to their daily lives.
- By obtaining a Master of Technology degree from a prestigious engineering school, the student will be trained in a particular technical area giving him complete and advanced knowledge of that particular area.
- Pursuit of M.Tech after B.Tech Degree by the students grants them the opportunity to get more salary than just B.Tech graduates.
How to do M.Tech after B.Tech?
It takes utmost dedication and commitment to prepare for an M.Tech, one of the most challenging courses globally. The basic eligibility to pursue an M.Tech after B.Tech include:
- A minimum of 50% in B.Tech/BE from a recognized institute.
- A valid score in entrance exams like GATE.
- Students' theoretical knowledge and practical skills are also assessed in the entrance examination. Some institutes conduct their entrance exams. However, this may vary.
M.Tech Specializations after B.Tech
An M.Tech program allows one to select a variety of specializations and can be customized to fit the needs of the individual. Using a peer-to-peer learning program under the guidance of professors and lecturers, students can learn from cross-functional knowledge. Specializations in M.Tech after B.Tech include:
- M.Tech Machine Design
- M.Tech Chemical Engineering
- M.Tech Civil Engineering
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech Communication Systems
- M.Tech Nanotechnology
- M.Tech Computer Engineering
- M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech Power Electronics
- M.Tech Digital Communication
- M.Tech Power System Engineering
- M.Tech Digital Electronics & Communication Systems
- M.Tech Process Engineering
- M.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.Tech Production Engineering
- M.Tech Electrical Engineering
- M.Tech Software Engineering
- M.Tech Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- M.Tech Structural Engineering
- M.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech Thermal Engineering
- M.Tech Embedded Systems
- M.Tech Transportation Engineering
- M.Tech Engineering Design
- M.Tech VLSI Design
- M.Tech Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech VLSI Design & Embedded System
Benefits of M.Tech after B.Tech
There are many advantages to getting an M.Tech after B.Tech degree. Some of the main reasons students need to earn an M.Tech degree after completing a B.Tech course are:
Expertise in Stream
The subjects become more specific in higher education to advance from a general to a detailed understanding of a discipline. An M.Tech is a perfect answer for those who wish to become adept in their domain and assimilate knowledge of engineering streams. A deeper understanding of the engineering discipline will benefit the candidates over time.
The M.Tech Engineering degree also makes you eligible for further education. Students can enrol themselves in research-oriented programs such as PhDs. Higher studies include earning a doctoral degree, specializing in engineering, or taking crash courses. Moreover, an M.Tech degree can be followed by other specializations.
Everyone studies and strives for a brighter career. It makes no sense to dismiss education if it can help us reach higher levels. Among the many benefits, this one tops the list. Consequently, an M.Tech degree can lead to numerous career opportunities. During these two years, all you need is faith and patience.
Impressive Salary Packages
Salary scales improve with higher job posts, and it goes without saying. As a result, an M.Tech degree is critical to getting a higher salary package in the industry. The world is full of engineering companies, but they require talent and technical expertise to succeed. Therefore, M.Tech degree holders are more likely to obtain jobs at these companies.
Good Possibility of Getting Promoted
An M.Tech degree can help you climb the ladder if you had skipped post-graduation and started working in the professional world. The qualifications of candidates are given a great deal of weightage when companies promote employees.
Scope of M.Tech after B.Tech
Candidates who decide to pursue M.Tech after B.Tech have many career and employment opportunities. The scope of M.Tech after B.Tech include the following:
- After completing M.Tech with a good salary package, candidates can pursue popular job options, including project managers, mechanical engineers, maintenance managers, software developers, researchers, etc.
- Besides, B.Tech College students can also aim for an apprenticeship after M.Tech.
- Candidates can also choose to pursue a PhD after earning a master's degree in technology in their area of interest.
- A master's degree in technology that determines a PhD can help candidates get jobs at top engineering colleges in India.
- Candidates can start their organization after earning a master's degree in technology.
M.Tech Salary after B.Tech
The average salary of candidates after completing M.Tech after B.Tech depends on the type of organization and the candidate's expertise and experience. On average, a candidate with a Master of Technology degree can earn up to INR 50k per month as a starting salary. The average salary is enlsited below:
|Software Engineer||INR 6 LPA|
|Senior Software Engineer||INR 6.74 LPA|
|Software Developer||INR 3 LPA|
|Software Specialist||INR 13.5 LPA|
|Project Leader||INR 11 LPA|
Top M.Tech Colleges in India
Given below is a list of the best M.Tech after B.Tech colleges in India:
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras
- IIT Delhi
- BITS Pilani
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Guwahati
- Anna University
Is it worth choosing M.Tech after B.Tech?
Considering that M.Tech after B.Tech depends on the breadth of the student's career, he can choose either Job or M.Tech. However, a Master's degree will help B.Tech college students become more streamlined. So, pursuing M.Tech after B.Tech is an excellent choice, but the final choice rests with the aspirants only.