Pattern and difficulty level of CBSE class 10th Maths exam paper. Know the class 10th maths paper analysis and feedback from teachers and students.
The Central Board of Secondary Education conducted the class 10th Maths paper on March 12, 2020. The paper was of 3-hour duration from 10:30 AM to 01:30 PM. Around 6 lakh candidates have registered for the Basic Maths exam and 12 lakh candidates have registered for the standard exam. A total of 18,89,878 candidates have registered for the CBSE class's 10th exam this year. Out of these,788195 are girl students, 1101664 are boys while 19 are transgenders. There are a total of 23,844 candidates in class 10th from foreign schools.
Table of Contents
|⭐CBSE 10th Board||⭐CBSE 12th Board|
Structure of the CBSE Class 10th Maths Question Paper
The format of the question papers for both Standard Maths and Basic Maths was the same. It consisted of 40 questions for a total of 80 marks. Questions were arranged in the following pattern:
|SECTION||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL NO OF QUESTIONS||MARKS PER QUESTION||TOTAL MARKS|
|Section A||Objective type||20||1||20|
|Section B||Short answer type questions - I||6||2||12|
|Section C||Short answer type questions - II||8||3||24|
|SECTION D||Long answer type questions||6||4||24|
CBSE Class 10th Maths Question Paper - Student's reaction
Basic maths seemed like an easy paper to crack. Standard maths was comparatively difficult.
- Section A seemed easier.
- Some found section B with geometry and probability to be challenging. Others found questions on probability, trigonometry, and triangles to be tough.
- Some found questions in Sections C and D to be time-consuming and calculations to be lengthy. But they were able to complete the paper on time.
- The average expectant marks seemed to be 70 out of 80.
CBSE Class 10th Maths Question Paper - Teacher's reaction
- According to the teachers, the questions were straight-forward.
- They pointed out that Basic maths was not a very easy paper. Students who find maths to be tough will not find the basic paper to be easy. It looks simple, but tests on basic competence.
- One of them pointed out that as there were two versions of maths paper being introduced, there was no previous year's question papers to practice.
- The Paper is completely based on NCERT.
Due to the steep rise in coronavirus cases, some students were seen wearing face masks as a precautionary measure against infection. Students were allowed to carry face masks and sanitizers into the exam hall.
This year, CBSE Class 10th Maths Paper was conducted in two difficulty levels - Basic and Standard. This was the first time the basic maths paper has been conducted. The students had the option of choosing between two levels while studying the same syllabus. Those who elected the science stream in the class chose Standard Maths while others chose Basic Maths. This year, only 32% of the students across India have opted for the Basic Mathematics paper while the rest 68 % opted for the standard version of the question paper.
Those who select the Basic Maths exam during the March 2020 Board exam can appear for the Standard Mathematics paper later in July 2020 if they decide to pursue the subject in higher classes. The analysis and review of the CBSE class 10th Maths Paper 2020 is given below.