Analysis of question paper patterns and difficulty levels of CBSE class 10th Social Science Paper 2020. Read teacher reviews and students on the social science exam at CBSE.
CBSE class 10th Social Science paper under the Board exam 2020 was held on March 18, across all centres in India and abroad. This is the last major paper for students in class 10th. The paper was of three-hour duration conducted from 10:30 AM to 01:30 PM. An additional one hour was given to candidates under the PWD or CWSN category. As many as 18 lakh students are expected to have appeared in the exam. Rumours of CBSE postponing the remaining papers over COVID-19 outbreak popped up in WhatsApp groups. The board was also contacted multiple times by anxious parents. The rumour was, however, later put to rest when CBSE confirmed that there was no change in the schedule.
Table of Contents
|⭐CBSE 10th Board||⭐CBSE 12th Board|
Social Science is an important subject for those aspiring to appear for competitive exams in the future or pursue Arts in class 11th. This subject is further divided into four subparts- History, Geography, Civics, and Economics.
The analysis and review of the CBSE Class 10th Science Paper 2020 is given below.
Structure of the CBSE Class 10th Social Science Question Paper
|Section||Type of Question||Number of Questions||Marks Awarded|
|Section A||Objective type||20||1 for every question|
|Section B||Short answer type||8||3 for every question|
|Section C||Long answer type||6 + 1 (map question)||5 for every question + (6 marks for map question)|
In the paper, there was no overall choice given. However, internal choices were provided for 5 questions of Section A, 4 questions of Section B and 2 questions of Section C.
CBSE Class 10th Social Science Question Paper - Students' reaction
- The overall feedback from the students about the paper was "easy and lengthy". The Social Science paper was easier than pre-boards paper.
- Most of the questions were from NCERT and previous year question papers.
- Students reported that the toughest section was Civics.
- The average expectant mark was more than 65 out of 80.
- Question on maps was very easy to attempt.
CBSE Class 10th Social Science Question Paper - Teachers' reaction
Soumi Basu, a senior teacher of Political Science for more than 20 years and an experienced CBSE board examiner for over 22 years recorded her observations as follows:
- The paper was quite average in difficulty.
- The Economics section was not easy but analytical.
- 1- mark questions were tricky and concept based.
- The expected marks for an average student could be 55 out of 80.
The General Opinion of Teachers
- The paper would have been easy for students with thorough knowledge of the NCERT books and they can score above 90 percent in the 100-mark paper.
- Overall, it was an easy end to the boards.
- Most teachers felt that students who were well prepared could score 90 percent easily.
Previous Year Statistics
- Difficulty level was moderate.
- Most of the questions were based out of NCERT, but indirect.
- Students reported Section B to be tough as the questions were lengthy.
- The question on maps was very easy.
- The economics section was the easiest of all.
- The no. of the questions asked in the paper was 26.