Students can understand the paper pattern, difficulty level, & students' & experts' review of the CBSE 10th English exam through the CBSE class 10 English paper analysis 2024.
Latest Updates for CBSE 10th
- 29 December 2023 :
SET exam 2024 application form window will be available till Apr 12, 2024.
CBSE class 10 English Paper Analysis 2024 will help students get exam structure, section-wise marks distribution, experts' feedback, and more for the CBSE 10th Exam. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will hold the class 10th English exam from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on 26th February 2024.
The paper had 3 sections- Section A (reading skills), Section B (grammar and writing), and Section C (literature). The overall paper was analysed as easy to moderate.
|CBSE 10th Date Sheet 2024
|CBSE 10th Syllabus 2024
Table of Contents
- CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2024
- CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2023
- CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2022
- CBSE Class 10 English Previous Question Paper PDF Download
CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2024
The CBSE class 10 English Paper analysis 2024 shall be released after the CBSE class 10 English exam is conducted on Feb 26, 2024. The English paper is scheduled to be conducted from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the examination hall.
The paper analysis for a paper is done by considering a number of factors which include the marking scheme, number of questions, type of questions and the difficulty level lof the questions. Thee paper analysis for CBSE class 10 English paper will be updated here after the exam is conducted.
CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2023
The CBSE 10th English 2023 exam got successfully conducted on Feb 27, 2023. The paper was divided into 3 sections, Section A consisted of 20 marks, 2 passages of 10 marks each, and section B had 20 marks, there were 13 questions and students had to attempt 10 out of them, there was also a creative writing segment in this section and Section C had a total of 40 marks. The exam did not involve any negative markings. Students can refer to the detailed analysis of the question paper given below:
|Section A: Reading
|Section B: Writing & Grammar
|Moderate to Difficult
|Section C: Literature
|Easy to Moderate
Check out: CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2023
Students can also check the CBSE Class 10 Paper Analysis 2024 for other subjects as well
|Other Subjects Paper Analysis
|CBSE Class 10 Science Paper Analysis
|CBSE Class 10 Math Paper Analysis
|CBSE Class 10 Social Science Paper Analysis
|CBSE Class 10 Hindi Paper Analysis
CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2023 Student Reactions
Students had mixed reactions to the CBSE 10th English 2023 paper. The majority of the students claimed that the difficulty level of the paper was moderate. Here is the CBSE class 10 English paper analysis 2023 as per the opinion of the students.
- Most of the students found the Literature section (Section C) to be the easy one and expected to score well in this section.
- A few candidates stated that the paper was easy to moderate in terms of difficulty level. The majority of them found Section A to be time-consuming and difficult.
- The overall paper was as per the guidelines and contained direct questions
Also Check: CBSE Additional Practice Paper
CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2023 Expert Reviews
After reviewing it, experts described the Class 10th English paper as balanced. Following are some other insights given by experts with respect to the paper:
- The passages in the reading section (Section A) are of the familiar topic with moderate types of questions.
- The writing section (Section B) also had familiar topics and issues, giving learners enough scope to express themselves spontaneously.
- Some teachers were of the view that the paper involved a mix of easy and difficult questions. Apart from the passage, one or two questions based on literature in the final section may cause candidates difficulty.
- The literature section (Section C) was simple yet in-depth knowledge was tested. The questions were based on analysis, reasoning, and critical thinking.
|CBSE 10th Sample Papers
|CBSE 10th Preparation Tips
CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2022
Students can check the CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis 2022 to understand the exam trend. The overall paper analysis was easy to moderate. In the table given below will students will get an overview of the CBSE Class 10 English exam 2022 term 2 which was held on 27th April 2022 from 10.30 am to 1.30 pm.
|Section-wise No. of Questions
|Easy to Moderate.
CBSE Class 10 English Previous Question Paper PDF Download
Students appearing for the CBSE class 10 English 2024 exam must go through the previous year's question paper to identify the paper pattern, important topics, types of questions, and more. The table below provides the downloadable PDF link of the same.
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2024
Also Check: CBSE 10th Question Papers with Answers