To analyze the pattern of questions and difficulty level of CBSE class 10th English paper 2021. Check CBSE Class 10th English exam paper Analysis 2021.
The Class 10th English exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education on 26th February 2020. Exams for both papers - English Communicative and English Language & Literature (Subject Code 184) were for a duration of 3 hours organized from 10:30 to 01:30 PM. The written exam was conducted for 80 marks and the internal assessment consisted of 20 marks. CBSE exams were postponed at 86 schools and exam centers in North-east Delhi, due to violent clashes in the area. But the exam was conducted smoothly in other areas of Delhi.
|⭐CBSE 10th Board||⭐CBSE 12th Board|
The analysis and review of the CBSE class 10th English paper 2020 is given below.
Structure of the CBSE Class 10th English Exam Pattern
The Class 10th examinations will be of 100 marks but divided into theory and internal assessments. The theory examination will be of 80 marks whereas the internal assessment will be of 20 marks. Students can refer to the overview given below.
PROSE (First Flight)
1. A Letter to God
2. Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
3. Two Stories about Flying
4. From the Diary of Anne Frank
5. The Hundred Dresses –I
6. The Hundred Dresses –II
7. Glimpses of India 8.Mijbil the Otter
9. Madam Rides the Bus
10. The Sermon at Benares
11. The Proposal
1. Dust of Snow
2. Fire and Ice
3. A Tiger in the Zoo
4. How to Tell Wild Animals
5. The Ball Poem
8. The Trees
10. The Tale of Custard the Dragon
11. For Anne Gregory
SUPPLEMENTARY READER (Footprints without Feet)
1. A Triumph of Surgery
2. The Thief’s Story
3. The Midnight Visitor
4. A Question of Trust
5. Footprints without Feet
6. The Making of a Scientist
7. The Necklace
8. The Hack Driver
10. The Book that Saved the Earth
CBSE Class 10th English Paper - Students' Reaction
The reactions of the students after viewing the sample papers were as follows:
- Students said that the paper was very easy.
- The pattern of the paper was the same as that of practice papers.
- Some questions were from previous year's question papers with minor modifications.
- They were able to complete well before the allotted time.
- Average expectant marks seemed to be 65 out of 80.
CBSE Class 10th English Paper- Teachers' Reaction
Soma Chakraborty with 21 years of teaching experience and 10 years of experience as a Board examiner declared her views on the English paper as follows:
- The paper was very easy.
- The course of the question paper has changed, in previous years, it was communicative. This year, the pattern was as per the sample paper sent by CBSE.
- Some questions from grammar were repeated from sample papers. Story Writing topic on a flying object was a classic example.
- Some of the questions were directly from the textbook in the Literature section.
- The Comprehension and Grammar sections were very easy.
Ms. Geeta Khokhran from VidyaGyan recorded her observations as follows:
- The paper was a cakewalk with all the questions from the syllabus.
- The pattern of the question paper was similar to the sample papers.
- Some questions in the Literature section were quite similar to the previous year's question papers.
The General Opinion of Teachers
- The paper was very easy.
- The average expectant marks could be 56-58 out of 80.
- It was a great start for the board exams.
Detailed Analysis of the Question Paper
The Class 10th examinations will be of 100 marks but divided into theory and internal assessments. The theory examination will be of 80 marks whereas the internal assessment will be of 20 marks. Students can refer to the detailed analysis of the question paper given below:
|Section||Type of Questions Asked|