Xavier School of Management was founded in 1949 by Fr. Quinn Enright and S.J. in the steel city of Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. XLRI is the oldest management institute of India. Managed by Jesuit Fathers. Affiliated to AICTE. Among the management schools in India XLRI was ranked seventh by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2019. It was ranked third in India by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2017” and Outlook India's "Top 100 Management Schools" of 2017.
The college offers several programs in management from Postgraduation in Diploma to Doctorate level programmes.
XLRI Admission 2019
- XLRI conducts Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) every year all over the country in 46 cities. The score is the basis for the XLRI Jamshedpur admission 2019.
- The marks secured in the previous qualifying examinations are also given value.
Xavier School of Management Admission Contents
Courses Offered by XLRI
The college offers Postgraduation Diploma courses in Management. The full-time programs offered are mentioned below:
- PGDM Business Management (BM)
- PGDM Human Resource Management (HRM)
- PGDM General Management Programme (GMP)
- PGDM Business Management for Working Executives and Business Owners (Part-time)
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- Executive Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
XLRI Application Form
Candidates aspiring for enrolment at Xavier School of Management should appear for XAT which is an entrance test. It is an online test conducted all over India in 46 cities.
- The application form is available online on the official XAT examination page.
- Candidates are required to create an account with a valid Email and password.
- The candidate has to login to the newly created account and fill out the required details and the preferred city of examination correctly.
- They have to select the course and pay the application fee of INR 1700 and INR 300 for every additional course selected of XLRI.
- The candidate has to make the payment online via credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
XLRI Admission Fees
According to the course selected by the candidates and the course duration, the XLRI Jamshedpur fee structure varies.
- The course fee for PGDM Business Management and PGDM HRM is INR 11,50,000/- per annum.
- The total tuition fee for PGDM General Management is INR 20,95,000/- for two years.
XAT - Entrance Exam by XLRI
- XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is the entrance exam organized by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur on the behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI).
- It is the major exam for admission into various courses at the Xavier Group of Management Institutes.
XAT Hall Ticket Download
- Visit the XAT official website
- Login to your account created previously
- Click on the hall ticket
- Download it and take a printout on an A4 sheet
Note: It is mandatory to carry your hall ticket on a printed A4 sheet to the examination centre.
||Section 1: Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning Section 2: Decision-Making Section 3: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
||Section 1: General AwarenessSection 2: Essay WritingSection 3: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
XAT Preparation Tips
- Students are advised to go through the syllabus thoroughly.
- They can refer to some of the books like:
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Word Power by Norman Lewis
- Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- For more understanding and to excel in the exam students are advised to solve the sample question papers.
XAT Application Form
- Candidates can register by providing the basic details like Email ID, Country, phone number and password on the official XAT website.
- The results will be updated on the official website of XAT.
XLRI PGDM Admission 2019
The postgraduation in diploma courses is offered by Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur in the disciplines of Business Management, Human Resource Management, General Management.
XLRI PGDM Eligibility
The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below for Xavier School of Management PGDM admission 2019.
|PGDM Business Management
||Students should have completed three years of Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline with 50% aggregate or equivalent GPA recognized by a University or Deemed University
||Admission is based on the score of XAT examination and the performance of personal interview
|PGDM Human Resource Management
|PGDM Business Management for Working Executives and Business Owners (Part-time)
||Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline with 50% aggregate or equivalent GPA recognized by a University. Must be working professionals or business owners
|PGDM General Management Programme
- A minimum of three years Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University in India/abroad in any discipline.
- Must be employed in a full-time job, must have at least five years of relevant managerial experience in an organization of repute in the public, private or non-governmental sector after completing graduation
XLRI FPM Admissions 2019
XLRI offers a very special course which is a doctoral-level program called Fellow Programme in Management (FPM).
- FPM is a full-time, residential programme that trains prospective scholars to become highly skilled and innovative researchers and management thinkers.
- It primarily aims at preparing students for careers as faculty members at foremost academic institutions.
XLRI FPM Eligibility
FPM admission in Xavier School of Management requires the applicants to have Postgraduation from a recognized university. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
Option - 1 XAT
- Students who have completed post-graduation from recognized universities with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) with the Bachelor's degree/ equivalent with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) obtained after a minimum of three years of education after completing 12th or equivalent.
- Or, Five years/four years master’s degree in any discipline, with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST), obtained after completing 12th or equivalent
- Or, BE/ B.Tech degree with at least 60% marks (50%for SC/ST) with 2 years of work experience.
- Or, a qualification like CA, ICWA or CS with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) may choose to appear in the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) conducted all over India.
Option - 2 UGCJRF/NET / GMAT/GRE/GATE
Students with any of the above qualification (as mentioned in Option-1) can submit UGC JRF/NET; GMAT/GRE/ GATE scores for admission to FPM. Such students will be exempted from writing XAT exam.
Option - 3 MBA/ PGDM candidates
Candidates who have done their post-graduation program from XLRI or any other institute like IIMs, MDI Gurgaon, FMS Delhi, IRMA, SP Jain, XIM Bhubaneswar, School of Management of IITs & NITs, TISS, ISI TIFR, and other comparable institutes with a CQPI of at least 6.00/8.00 will be exempted from appearing in the XAT exam.
- Shortlisted students will be called for a personal interview at XLRI Jamshedpur.
|FPM in Economics
- MBA / Master's degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST categories) with the Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST categories) after 10+2.
- Or, 4 or 5 Integrated Master's Degree programme in any discipline with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates).
- Or, BE / B.Tech or equivalent with minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST categories) with 2 years of work experience in the relevant branch.
- Or, CA, ICWA or CS with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST categories).
- Those who have cleared UGC JRF / NET / GMAT / GRE / GATE with valid scores are exempted from XAT.
- Those who have PGP from XLRI, any IIMs, FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, XIM Bhubaneswar, IRMA, SP Jain, School of Management of IITs, TIFR, TISS, ISI and other comparable Institutes with a CQPI of at least 6.000 / 8.000 or equivalent are also exempted from taking XAT.
Based on merit and Personal Interview conducted by XLRI
|FPM in Finance
|FPM in Information Systems
|FPM in Marketing
|FPM in Production, Operations & Decision Sciences
|FPM in Organizational Behavior
|FPM in Human Resource Management
|FPM in Strategic Management
- MBA / PGDM or equivalent or GMP / PGPX or 1 Year full-time residential programme in Management (with 60% marks) from a recognized Institute or University.
- Must have 5 years of full-time executive / managerial / teaching / research experience as on March 31, 2020.
- Must be employed in a full-time job currently.
Xavier School of Management Admission Helpline
|XLRI Address & Contact Details
||+91 657 665 3203/3204/3205
||Rivers Meet Road, Circuit House Area, East, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831001
XLRI Admission FAQs
What level of experience is needed for GMP?
- 5 years of managerial experience is required for applying to the GMP program (minimum).
Is the XAT exam mandatory for GMP?
- The college accepts both GMAT and XAT scores for admission.
Are there any scholarships available for GMP students?
- For GMP students there are no scholarships offered at this point.
Do I have to physically attend the interview?
- Students located in India have to attend the interview physically at the XLRI Jamshedpur campus.
What kind of accommodation is offered to Students?
- The accommodation for students includes studio apartments for single accommodation and 1 BHK apartments.
Where can I get an answer to my XAT related queries?
- You can contact the Admissions Office, Phone:91-657-398 3203 /3204/ 3205 or Email: email@example.com
Other Xavier Colleges for Admission:
Other Trending Colleges for Admission: