SOF NSO Registration Form 2023: Olympiad Application Last Date, Individual Registration
The NSO registration forms are available for students who are applying through schools and as individual participants. There are no fee exceptions for students with major physical disabilities, and also schools incur no charge for conducting NSO exam.
- NSO Registration deadline commences 30 days before the chosen exam date.
Get the complete details of the SOF NSO 2023 registration process from applying it and downloading the registration forms.
Table of Contents
- NSO Registration 2023 Important Dates
- National Science Olympiad Registration
- Details Mentioned in NSO Registration Form
- NSO Admit Card 2023
NSO Registration Important Dates
After filling the SOF NSO registration form, the students can check the official website for important updates like exam dates and SOF NSO 2023 results. The Science Olympiad Foundation has released the important registration dates and exam dates for the current academic year.
Below are the SOF NSO 2023 registration dates.
|National Science Olympiad (NSO)||Important Dates|
|NSO Registration Dates||
|NSO Registration Ends||30 days before the selected exam date|
|NSO Level 1 Exam Dates (Set A)||
|NSO Level 2 Registration||January 2024|
|NOS Level 2 Exam||January 2024|
Note: Students having minimum cut-off marks or above will only be eligible for the 2nd round exam.
National Science Olympiad Registration
National Science Olympiad exams are conducted annually on different dates. The registration for the NSO commences one month before the first set of exam dates. Students can apply for Science Olympiad exams through their schools or as individual participants under their parents' guidance. Before filling out the NSO online application form, students must check their eligibility criteria and other important registration details.
Some of the instructions to be noted in the NSO registration procedure are,
- Students ought to keep the required documents before continuing to fill out the SOF NSO application form 2023.
- The minimum number of applicants from a registered school should not be less than ten students.
- For school registration, registration procedures have to be monitored and executed by the school itself.
- In case of incomplete applications or a student found to be ineligible at any stage, SOF will cancel their application right away.
- The application fee for SOF NSO is non-refundable.
- Before submitting the SOF application form, candidates ought to verify the information before submission, no changes within the form will be amused.
NSO Registration Fees
Students from registered schools in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Bhutan should pay the application fee of INR 125 (including 18% GST). There may be a few exceptions for students whose parents were martyred during defense operations or students with any major physical disability.
Besides, the schools' can charge the additional amount of INR 25 can be charged towards the honorarium of in-charge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and other expenses.
SOF NSO School Registration
SOF will send a prospectus containing the NSO registration forms to all schools registered with Science Olympiad Foundation.
Students should follow the below steps to apply for the National Science Olympiad Exam conducted by the SOF.
- The student must fill out the NSO registration form neatly & cleanly, and all the information must be provided by the students who are asked in the registration form.
- There are two sets of registration forms released by the SOF, i.e., the student registration form and the school registration form.
- The school coordinating teacher will generate the student's roll numbers as per the guidelines set by the organizing authority.
- School coordinators are responsible for sending the copy of roll numbers to the Science Olympiad Foundation along with the student's registration sheet(SRS) and School registration form(SRF) on or before the deadline.
- After successfully registering the applicant school and its student's question papers and guidelines for conducting the examination will be dispatched to the respective schools.
Those schools who have not registered may also request a prospectus by sending an email to Science Olympiad Foundation officials. There are no criteria for schools to participate in NSO exams, except that there have to be at least ten student participants.
SOF NSO Individual Registration
From the academic year 2023-24, SOF allows individual registration. The students willing to appear in the SOF NSO Olympiad Exam can register for exams individually even if their school cannot participate in SOF Olympiad Exams during 2023.
For, individual registrations exams are conducted at the residence of students. Students can apply for individual registration under their parent's guidance. All participants need to ensure that the information filled in is accurate and complete.
Given below are the steps to apply for SOF NSO online registration.
- Go to the official website of the Science Olympiad Foundation.
- On the home page, students can view the "Online Registration for Schools and Students".
- Select "read more" to view the registration page.
- Candidates can view school registration, student registration, and registration forms for schools under the registration page.
- Click on "Registration by Students", which will direct you to the individual registration form.
- Enter schools details and student details in the individual registration form.
- Preview your application form and click submit.
NSO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Students should follow the below steps to be eligible for the SOF National Science Olympiad Exam.
- The applicant should be a registered school student in either of the classes from classes 1-12.
- A student must be studying under SSC, ICSE, CBSE, or any other recognized education board in India.
- A student can attend only one NSO every academic year.
- A student enrolled in classes 1-12; can register themselves for the exam.
Details Mentioned in NSO Registration Form
Information to be filled in the SOF NSO school details column are,
- School code (if the school doesn't participate, give code as "AB9999")
- School name
- School address and pin code
- School phone number
- Principal name
- School email id
- Country, state, and city
Information to be filled in the SOF NSO student details column are,
- Student name
- Class and section
- Student mobile number
- Student email id
NSO Admit Card 2023
The SOF authorities usually release their NSO admit card on the official site at least 20 to 25 days before the exam date. Once the link comes into existence, students will be able to download the required admit card from this portal or SOF's official website.
Second-level SOF Olympiad Exams will be conducted at over 600 centers across 30 countries in February 2023(Tentative), and SOF will release information related to the exams. The details include the exam timing, exam pattern, and syllabus for SOF NSO 2nd level exam.
SOF NSO Roll Numbers
National Science Olympiad exam roll numbers for students participating through schools or as individual participants will be generated by the Science Olympiad Foundation a week after submitting the registration form.
For school registration, roll numbers will be sent to the mail id registered by the respective schools along with the exam's guidelines. Whereas for individual registration, roll numbers will be sent to the individual participants' registered mail ids.
Notes: The students can refer to NSO sample papers and NSO reference books for effective and directional NSO preparation. Students can also check the list of Olympiad Exams conducted in India on different levels, i.e., international, national, and zonal levels.