INMO 2022 Olympiad - Full Form, Exam Dates, Registration, Login
The INMO full form is the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad, the third stage of HBCSE IMO. Previously, the RMO exam's best-performers were qualified for the third stage, but due to the pandemic, PRMO and RMO were canceled, and the IOQM exam was held. The INMO Olympiad was held on 7th March 2022 at 28 centers across the country. On this page, students can find INMO 2022 dates, INMO login, registration details, etc.
- What is INMO 2022?
- INMO 2022 Exam Dates
- INMO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- INMO 2022 Sample Papers
- INMO 2022 Exam Instructions for Students
- Other Stages of HBCSE IMO
What is INMO 2022?
In 1989, Indian National Mathematical Olympiad was conducted for the first time and had been conducted every year since then. Every year around 45 students are selected from the INMO exam for the International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC). The time duration of the exam is four-hour and has six questions. The questions need to be solved on the answer sheet and submitted along with the rough sheets after exams. The difficulty level compared to RMO is more.
Students who clear the INMO (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) receive certificate and invitation expenses for lodging-boarding in training camp at HBCSE Mumbai. Participants who qualify for NHBM will be eligible to participate in the IMO (International Mathematical Olympiad). The Ministry of HRD provides the fare for international tickets. For the global competition, a team of 6 selected students goes to the decided international venue.
Given below are the INMO 2022 key highlights.
|Organized by||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research|
|Mode of Conduction||Offline|
|Exam Duration||4 Hours|
INMO 2022 Exam Dates
The INMO exams for the year 2022 will be conducted in the month of Febuary. Students who cleared the IOQM will be shortlisted to appear for INMO. Following is a table of key highlights related to exam dates.
|INMO Exam Dates||27th Febuary 2022|
|Time Duration||4 Hours|
|Registration Date||TBA (after the declaration of IOQM Results 2021-2022 are announced)|
INMO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The performance in stage 2 (RMO) is used as a basis for making selection in INMO. The maximum number of students selected from classes 8, 9, 10, 11 are the top 28 students, and from grade 12, the top 6 students are selected to participate in INMO.
- Students born on or after August 1, 2002 and studying in Class VIII, IX, X, XI or XII, are eligible to write IOQM.
- Students studying in Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) are eligible to write IOQM.
- A student who is either an INMO 2022 Merit Awardee OR an INMO Awardee from 2022 or earlier is eligible to write INMO 2022 WITHOUT qualifying through IOQM provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria of IMO 2022 and EGMO 2023.
- The candidates must be eligible to hold Indian passport. Provisionally, students with OCI cards are eligible to write the IOQM subject to conditions as explained below:As per the orders of the Madras High Court, students with OCI status will not be eligible for selection to the Indian team in the International Mathematical
Olympiad. However, such students are provisionally eligible for selection at ALL prior stages, up to and including the IMOTC provided they fulfill all other criteria. They are also provisionally eligible to write the selection tests at the IMOTC. This policy is subject to revision without prior notice depending on any further orders issued by the courts, or by a competent Government authority.
- The student must be residing and studying in India since 30 November 2019 or earlier
must be studying in an Indian school system since 30 November 2019 or earlier.
- The student must not have completed (or scheduled to complete) class 12 board examination earlier than 30 November 2022.
- The student must not have commenced (or planning to commence) studies in a university or equivalent institution by 1 June, 2022.
- It will be the responsibility of the student to ensure that the above eligibility criteria are satisfied. In case it is found at any later stage of the programme that a student does not meet the eligibility criteria, he or she may be disqualified from the programme.
Note: CBSE and KVS are responsible for selecting students from Non-KV CBSE and KVS schools outside India.
INMO 2022 Sample Papers
The third qualifying stage of IMO is INMO. Compared to the previous rounds, the difficulty level of questions asked increases. The problems are advanced in nature. Thus it is suggested that students practice at least the last 10-year sample paper for better preparation. It will help in time management and aid in improving weak areas.
INMO 2022 Exam Instructions for Students
Participants who clear the IOQM round are eligible to appear in the INMO exam. The exam timings are 12 pm to 4 pm. Students should take note of the following instructions before entering the INMO Exam hall.
- Students are expected to reach 30 mins before the exam starts.
- Those who arrive after 12.30 pm won’t be permitted to write the exam.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the 4-hour duration.
- Students are instructed to bring their documents like Aadhar card/passport and admit card without any failure.
- Participants can bring a geometry box but will only be allowed to use a ruler and compass.
- Use a blue or black pen. Students are advised to draw geometry diagrams with a pencil and do proper labelling.
- Use of a calculator and mobile phones will not be allowed.
- Students need to submit their answer sheets and can keep the question paper.
Other Stages of HBCSE IMO
The International Mathematical Olympiad is divided into multiple stages. Students who are interested in participating need to clear all the subsequent stages before the final exam. The stages are given below.
|Stage I||Pre Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO)|
|Stage II||Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO)|
|Stage III||Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO)|
|Stage IV||International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC)|
|Stage V||Pre Departure Camp (PDC)|
|Stage VI||International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO)|