This section contains a syllabus for the recruitment of various posts conducted by TNPSC that a candidate needs to prepare in order to qualify the TNPSC Exam.
TNPSC conducts exams to recruit candidates for various posts under Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Group 4, TNPSC VAO and Assistant System Engineer. Candidates are advised to go through TNPSC syllabus given below for each category below:
TNPSC Group 1 2021 Syllabus
TNPSC Group 1 2021 syllabus is divided into 3 stages,
- Prelim Exam
- Mains Exam
Below you find the syllabus for Prelim exam and Main exam:
TNPSC Group 1 Prelim Syllabus
Unit I: General Science
Science and reasoning, Universe laws, mechanics, force, electricity, sound, nuclear physics, laser, electronics, magnetism, light, Elements and compounds, petroleum and its products, fertilizers, and pesticides, Life, and evolution, nutrition, health, hygiene, and diseases.
Unit II : Current Affairs: Historical events, sports, books and their authors, politics of India, Geography, economics, and latest scientific endeavors.
Unit III : Geography of India: Resources of India, location, seasons and weather, transport and communication, Population, disaster management, and climate change.
Unit IV: History and Culture of India: Civilizations and Rulers of India, Bahmani Kingdoms, South Indian History change in socio-cultural history of India, Unity in Diversity in India, and secularism.
Unit V: Indian Politics: Constitution of India and its parts, executive, legislature, and judiciary in India, Federalism, the election process in India, Corruption, and its effect on the Indian society.
Unit VI : Indian Economy: Indian economy and Planning Commission, Financial commission and revenue in India, State of Indian Economy and employment rate, and its growth.
Unit VII : Indian National Movement: The uprising against British rule, The formation of Indian National Congress, prominent leaders of India, Satyagrah and Militant movement.
Unit VIII: History, Culture and Socio-Political Movement in Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu and its history, Tamil literature, Thirukkural, The role of Tamil Nadu in the struggle of freedom, Socio-Political movement in the last two centuries in Tamil Nadu.
Unit IX : Development Administration in Tamil Nadu: Development of human resources, Economic trends, the welfare of various sections of society, Social justice and harmony, education, and health in Tamil Nadu.
Aptitude and Mental Ability
HCF, LCM, Percentage, Simple and compound interest, ratio and proportion, area, volume, and logical reasoning.
TNPSC Group 1 Main Syllabus
Paper I : Modern History of Indian and Indian Culture, Social Issues in India and Tamil Nadu, General Aptitude and Mental Ability
Paper II: Indian Polity and Emerging Trends, Role of Science and Technology in development of India, Tamil society and Heritage.
Paper III : Geography of India and Tamil Nadu, Environment and DIsaster MAnagement, Indian Economy
TNPSC Group 1 syllabus and exam pattern for the below posts remains the same:
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category – I)
- Assistant Commissioner, Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies
- Assistant Director of rural development
- District Officer (Fire Rescue Services)
TNPSC Group 2 2021 Syllabus
TNPSC Group 2 syllabus consists of Prelims and Main exam.
TNPSC Group 2 Prelim Syllabus
UNIT-I: General Science
- Nature of Universe - General Scientific Laws, Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Force, Motion and Energy, Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics.
- Scientific Knowledge and temper
- Compounds and Elements, Acids, Bases, Salts, Fertilizers, Pesticides, Petroleum Products.
- Primary concepts of Life Science, Evolution, Genetics, Classification of Living Organisms, Physiology, Nutrition.
- Ecology and Environment
UNIT-II: Current Events
- History - Latest diary of events, National symbols, Profile of States, eminent personalities and places in news, Sports, and books.
- Political parties and political system in India, Public awareness and General administration, Welfare oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
- Geography - Geographical landmarks.
- Economics - Current socio-economic issues.
- Latest inventions in Science and Technology.
UNIT- III: Geography Of India
- Location – Physical features, Monsoon, rainfall, weather and climate, Water resources, Rivers in India, Soil, minerals and natural resources, Forest and wildlife, Agricultural pattern.
- Transport - Communication
- Social geography – Population density and distribution, Racial, linguistic groups, and major tribes.
- Disaster Management, Natural Calamity, Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures, Green Energy, Climate change.
UNIT – IV: History and Culture of India
- Indus valley/ Harappan civilization - Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas, Age of Vijayanagar and Bahmani Kingdoms, South Indian history.
- Change and Continuity in the Socio, Cultural History of India.
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Race, language.
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony.
UNIT-V: Indian Politics
- Preamble to the Constitution, Salient features of the Constitution.
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive, State Executive, Union legislature, State Legislature, Local governments.
- Spirit of Federalism: center-state Relationships.
- Election - Judiciary in India – the rule of law.
- Corruption in public life – Anti-corruption measures, Lokpal and Lokayukta, Right to Information, Empowerment of Women, Consumer protection forums, Human rights charter.
UNIT-VI: Indian Economy
- Nature of Indian economy – Five-year plan models, an assessment, Planning Commission, and Niti Ayog.
- Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India, Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy, Finance Commission, Resource sharing between Union and State Governments - GST.
- Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture - Application of Science and Technology in agriculture - Industrial growth - Rural welfare oriented programs – Social problems.
UNIT-VII: Indian National Movement
- Early uprising against British rule - National renaissance - Indian National Congress - Emergence of leaders
- Growth of Satyagraha and Militant movements.
- Communalism and partition.
UNIT- VIII: History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- History of Tamil Society, Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times.
- Early agitations against British Rule - Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle - Role of women in the freedom struggle.
- Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu - Growth of Rationalism - Self Respect Movement, Dravidian movement, Contributions of Perarignar Anna and Thanthai Periyar.
UNIT – IX: Tamil Nadu Administrative Development
- Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu – Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio-economic development of Tamil Nadu.
- Welfare schemes – Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources - Economic trends in Tamil Nadu – Political Parties
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- e-Governance in Tamil Nadu.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
UNIT-X: Aptitude And Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning - Visual Reasoning - Puzzles-Dice - Alphanumeric Reasoning – Number Series
- Area - Volume - Time and Work - Simple interest - Compound interest.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simplification – Highest Common Factor - Lowest Common Multiple - Percentage.
TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus
The syllabus for TNPSC Group 2 is based on the written skills of the candidates. The paper will be based on the following topics:
Culture and Heritage of Tamil Nadu
- Origin and Development of Tamil Civilization
- Musical Tradition of Tamil Nadu
- Sangam Period Literature
- Dramatic Art Form
- Rationalist Movements
- Socio-Economic History
- Contribution of Social Reform Movements for Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu
- Contemporary Tamil Language
TNPSC Group 4 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for TNPSC Group 4 is as follows:
- Physics - Nature of Universe, Mechanics, and properties of matter, physical quantities, standards and units, Force, motion and energy, Heat, Light and Sound, Electricity, Magnetism, and Electronics.
- Chemistry-Elements, and Compounds, Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, Acids, bases and salts
- Botany-Classification of living organisms, Nutrition
- Zoology - Blood and blood circulation, Animals, plants and human life, Reproductive system
- Ecology: Health and hygiene, Human diseases, prevention and remedies
- History- The latest diary of national events, National symbols, a profile of States, awards & honors, India and its neighbors, eminent persons & places in news, sports & games, books & authors.
- Political Science - Public awareness & General administration, welfare-oriented govt. schemes, their utility, public elections, political parties, and political system in India.
- Economics - Current socio-economic problems
- Geography - Geographical landmarks
Solar System, Earth and Universe, Water resources, Monsoon, rainfall, weather, Soil, Mineral and Natural resources, Forest and Wildlife, Agriculture Pattern, Transportation, Population: Density and Distribution, Natural Calamities and Disaster Management.
History and Culture of India (Special importance to Tamilnadu)
Indus Valley Civilization, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, Marathas, History of South India, Vijayanagar Empire and the Bahmanis, Indian Culture and its characteristics, India after Independence, India as a Secular State, Dravidian Movement, Growth of Rationalist, Political Parties and Populist scheme
Indian Polity: Citizenship
Rights and Duties, Constitution of India and its salient features, Union Legislature, State Executive, Local Government, Panchayat Raj, Elections, Right to information, Women Empowerment, Official Language
Five-year plan models, Applications of Science in Agriculture, Nature of Indian Economy, Poverty: Economic Trends in Tamil Nadu, Social sector problems, Industrial Growth and Rural Welfare, Land Reforms
Indian National Movement
The emergence of National leaders,The National Renaissance, Different modes of Agitation, Role of Tamil Nadu in the freedom struggle
TNPSC Group-4 Exam Syllabus: Aptitude Test
Collection, Compilation, and presentation of data, Analytical Interpretation of data, Simplification, Percentage and Ratio, Volume, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Number series, Logical reasoning, Visual Reasoning, Alpha Numeric Reasoning
TNPSC Group-4 Exam Syllabus: General English
Part-A: Grammar: Phrases and Meanings, Prefix and Suffix, Articles, Synonyms and Antonyms, Question Tag, Tense, Voice, Homophones, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb, Plural, Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentences, Compound words, Degree.
Part B: Literature:Figures of speech, Poems, Biography, Shakespeare, Motivational Essays, Oscar Wilde, Appreciation questions from the poem
Part-C: Authors and Literary work: Nationality of story, Author of the short story, Nationality of poets, About Dramatist, Themes in literary works, Match poems with poets, Famous lines, characters, quotes from Julius caesar and the Merchant of Venice.
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for Paper 1 is based on the engineering degree subject pursued by the aspirants.
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus for Architectural Engineering
Theory of Architecture, History of Architecture and Culture, Materials and construction techniques, building systems and services, Human settlements planning, Urban Studies, Environmental Studies and Site Planning, Climatic design and Energy-efficient architecture, Construction Technology and Project Management, Professional Ethics
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus for Agricultural Engineering
Surveying and Hydrology, Soil erosion and Conservation, Watershed Development and Management, Irrigation and Drainage, Farm and Irrigation Structures, Farm Power, Farm Machinery, Unit Operations in Food and, Agricultural Processing, Renewable and Bioenergy, Process Engineering of Agricultural and Horticultural Crops
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus for Automobile Engineering
Engines, Automotive Chassis, Suspension and Braking System, Automotive Transmission, Automotive Electrical and Electronics, Vehicle Body Engineering, Vehicle Dynamics, Vehicle Control Systems, Automotive Pollution and Control, Servicing and Maintenance
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus for Chemical Engineering
Chemical Process Calculation and Engineering Thermodynamics, Mechanical Operations and Engineering Materials, Chemical Technology and Renewable Energy Sources, Transfer Operations, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Instrumentation and Process Control, Numerical and Computational Methods, Separation Operations, Environmental Engineering and Safety in Chemical Industries, Design and Optimization.
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus for Civil Engineering
Building Materials and Construction Practices, Engineering Survey, Strength of Materials, Structural Analysis, Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Pollution Control, Design of Reinforced Concrete and Steel Structures, Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering, Urban and Transportation, Project Management and Estimation.
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
Electrical Circuits, Electric and Magnetic Fields, Measurements and Instrumentation, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Power Electronics and Drives, Digital Processors and Communication, Renewable Energy Resources
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
Mechanics, Kinetics and Dynamics, Strength of Materials and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Turbo Machinery
Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Materials Science and Metallurgy, Production Technology, Metrology and Quality Control, CAD/CAM/CIM/FEA, Industrial Engineering and Management
TNPSC CESE 2021 Syllabus for Textile Engineering
Fibre Identification and Blend Analysis, Physical Properties of Fibre, Synthetic Fibre Spinning and Post Spinning Operations, Spinning
Weaving, Testing and Quality Control, Chemical Processing, Knitting and Garments, Textile Management and Environment Conservation, Nonwovens and Technical Textiles
TNPSC CESE 2021 Paper 2 Syllabus
General Science, Current Events, Geography, History and Culture of India, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian National Movement, Aptitude and Mental Ability Test.
TNPSC VAO 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for TNPSC VAO is divided in 3 categories:
- General Awareness
- Aptitude and Mental Ability
- General Tamil or General English
UNIT I: GENERAL SCIENCE
Chemistry: Elements, and Compounds, Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, Acids, bases and salts
Zoology: Blood and blood circulation, Animals, plants and human life, Reproductive system
Physics: Nature of Universe, Mechanics, and properties of matter, physical quantities, standards and units, Force, motion and energy, Heat, Light and Sound, Electricity, Magnetism, and Electronics.
Botany: Classification of living organisms, Nutrition
Ecology: Health and hygiene, Human diseases, prevention and remedies
UNIT II: CURRENT EVENTS
History: The latest diary of national events, National symbols, a profile of States, awards & honors, India and its neighbors, eminent persons & places in news, sports & games, books & authors.
Political Science: Public awareness & General administration, welfare-oriented govt. schemes, their utility, public elections, political parties, and political system in India.
Geography: Geographical landmarks
Economics: Current socio-economic problems
UNIT III: GEOGRAPHY
Earth and Universe, Monsoon, weather & climate, Water resources, Rivers in India, Soil, minerals & natural resources, Forest & wildlife, Social geography, population, density and distribution, Agricultural pattern, Transport including surface transport & communication, Natural calamities, Disaster Management.
UNIT IV: HISTORY AND CULTURE OF INDIA AND TAMIL NADU
Indus valley civilization, the Golden Age of Guptas, Mughals and Marathas, Age of Vijayanagaram,
South Indian history, India since independence, Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu, Political parties and populist schemes, Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity, and India as a secular state. Culture and Heritage of Tamil people.
UNIT V: INDIAN POLITICS
Constitution of India and its salient features, the Union, States and territories, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental duties, Human rights.
The legislature of India: Union legislature, Parliament, State Executive, State Legislature, assembly, Local government, Panchayat Raj
Judiciary in India: The process of law, Elections, Corruption in public life, Anti-corruption measures, Right to information, Empowerment of women, Consumer protection forms, CVC, Lok adalats, Ombudsman, CAG
UNIT VI: INDIAN ECONOMY
Nature of Indian economy, Five-year plan models, Land reforms & agriculture, Application of science in agriculture, Social sector problems. Economic trends in Tamil Nadu, industrial growth, Rural welfare oriented programmers, population, education, health, employment, poverty.
UNIT VII: INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT
National Renaissance, the emergence of national leaders, M. Gandhi, J. Nehru, R.N. Tagore, Role of Tamil Nadu in the freedom struggle
UNIT VIII: APTITUDE & MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
Conversion of information to data and its collection, compilation and presentation, Analytical interpretation of data, Simplification, Percentage, HCF, LCM, Ratio and Proportion, Simple and Compound interest, Area, Volume, Time and Work, Logical Reasoning, Visual Reasoning, Alphanumeric Reasoning.
TNPSC Assistant System Engineer 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for TNPSC Assistant System Engineer is comprised of Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III.
TNPSC Assistant System Engineer Syllabus For Paper I and Paper III
Basic Electronics (ECE & EEE), Data Structures And Algorithms, Digital Electronics And, Computer Organization, Probability And Queueing Theory, Operating Systems, Database Management Systems, Programming Inc, Object-Oriented Programming & Object-Oriented Analysis And Design , Microprocessors And Embedded Systems (Ece & Eee), Web Technology, Cloud Computing, Information Security, Machine Learning, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Software Process And Project Management, Big Data Analytics
TNPSC Assistant System Engineer Syllabus For Paper II: Engineering Aptitude
Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, logical sequence – Logical Number, Alphabetical, Diagrammatic; Assumption, Premise, Conclusion, Linear and matrix arrangement, Puzzles - Classification, Comparison, Sequential, Selection, Family, Jumbled puzzle; Dice, Visual Reasoning, In alphabetical or miscellaneous, In coding-decoding, In blood relation, In direction and distances, In order and ranking, Data sufficiency, Statement, In syllogism.
Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), Venn diagram.
Quantity/ Numerical Ability
Numerical computation, numerical estimation, numerical reasoning; the Number system; Integer Number Sequences, Rational Number Sequences, Arithmetic Sequences, Geometric Sequences; Square Numbers, Cube Numbers; Fibonacci Series; Polynomials; Algebra; Geometry – Euclid’s Geometry, Lines and Angles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate Geometry, Areas Of Parallelograms And Triangles, Surface Areas And Volumes; Probability, Permutation combination; Mensuration, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean, Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Variance, Standard Deviation; Time and work; Averages, Percentages, Profit and loss; Quadratic and linear equations; Relation and Functions; Vectors; HCF & LCM, Logarithm.