HSSC Exam Pattern 2021: Marking Scheme, Negative Marking, Total Marks

Exam Date

Mar 27, 2021

Apr 7, 2021

    Share:

The HSSC examination can either be conducted either online (computer-based test) or OMR. The HSSC 2021 Exam can consist of 1-3 stages, depending upon the post the candidate is applying for. The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The exam patterns for all the posts, except the posts in Haryana police, are the same.

HSSC 2021 Exam Pattern
Pattern Details
Written Exam 90 Marks
Socio-Economic Criteria and Experience 10
Type of Questions MCQs
Time Duration 90 Minutes
Mode of HSSC Exam Either online or offline

The exam pattern for recruitment for various posts under the HSSC 2021 are as follows:

Exam Pattern for the posts of Junior Engineer, Gram Sachiv and Canal Patwari

In the exam, there will be an HSSC Written Test, which will have a weightage of 90%. The remaining 10% marks will be given on the basis of Socio-Economic Criteria and Experience of the candidate. The HSSC Syllabus contains 75% general and technical topics, and the remaining 25% will test the knowledge of the candidate about various aspects of Haryana viz. History, Geography, Economics, etc. related only to the state of Haryana.

The Socio-Economic Criteria includes the following:

  • 5 marks will be awarded to the candidate if any of the candidate's relative (which includes father, mother, spouse, brother, or son) is/was not a part of any organization under the State or the Central Government.
  • 5 marks will be awarded if -
    • The candidate is a widow.
    • The applicant's father died before attaining the age of 42 years.
    • The applicant's father died before the applicant attained the age of 15 years.
  • 5 marks will be awarded if the candidate belongs to any of the denotified or nomadic tribes which do not come under either Backward or Schedule classes.

The candidate will be given 0.5 marks for each year of their Experience in the same or a higher post in any other Govt. Department. The maximum marks that can be given for experience is 8.

Exam Pattern for the post of Sub Inspector (SI) and Constable in Haryana Police

The process of HSSC recruitment for the post of Police Constable/Sub-Inspector entails the following three steps:

HSSC Knowledge Test (Written Examination)

The written examination is the first round of evaluation, to test the knowledge of the candidate. It has a weightage of 80% of the overall score of the candidate.

The written examination is objective type. It consists of one composite paper of 80 marks. There will be 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), each carrying 0.80 marks. The medium of examination shall be in both English and Hindi. The duration of the examination is 90 minutes.

The paper shall be based on questions from General Studies and Current Affairs, Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, and basic knowledge of computers. The syllabus for both the posts, of Police Constable and SI, is the same. The paper for Constables will be set at a difficulty of 10+2 level, and that for SI will be the graduate level.

HSSC Physical Screening Test (PST) 

The physical screening test is the second round of evaluation, to test the physical fitness of the candidate. The candidates who pass the written examination round appear for the physical screening test next. The candidates are required to run a certain distance within a given time limit.

The following table describes the requirements:

HSSC Police Physical Screening Test
Category Distance Maximum Time
Male 2.5 km 12 minutes
Female 1.0 km 6 minutes
Ex-serviceman 1.0 km 5 minutes

HSSC Physical Measurement Test (PMT)

The third round of evaluation is the Physical Measurement Test. This test is also qualifying in nature, in which the candidate must have height and chest measurements equal to or more than the specified standards. The required physical measurements are stated in the Eligibility Criteria section of this article.

NOTE: 10 marks are dependent upon Additional Qualification(s) that the candidate has over the normally prescribed qualification for the posts.

  • For the post of Constable, a candidate who has completed graduation will be given 4 marks, and the candidate who has completed post-graduation will be given an additional 3 marks.
  • For the post of Sub Inspector, a candidate who has completed graduation in Law, Forensic Medicine, Forensic Science, or Computer Engineering/Science will be given 3 marks, and the candidate who has completed post-graduation will be awarded an additional 3 marks.

Colleges Accepting HSSC VIEW ALL

Popular Exams

GUJCET 2021

Exam Date: Aug 24, 2021

Result Date: Sep 5, 2021

JEE Main 2021

Exam Date: Apr 27, 2021

Result Date: Mar 24, 2021

Loading...