Organized by GD Goenka University, Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) is conducted for candidates aspiring to get admission into Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses at Goenka University.
- Introduction to GATA
- Courses Offered
- GATA 2020 Exam Date
- GATA 2020 Eligibility
- GATA 2020 Application Form
- GATA 2020 Admit Card
- GATA 2020 Exam Pattern
- GATA 2020 Syllabus
- GATA 2020 Result
- GATA 2020 Counselling
- Related Exams
Introduction to GATA
Established in the year 2013, GD Goenka University, based in the state of Haryana, is running ten schools and five centres currently. Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) 2020 is providing an opportunity for the interested applicants to pursue undergraduate and post-graduate courses at GD Goenka University. This national level entrance test is conducted annually. After qualifying the eligibility criteria, candidates are evaluated on subjects including English, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, General Knowledge, and Scientific Knowledge.
- Exam Date: GATA 2020 revised exam date has not been announced yet. The exam will be conducted online i.e. Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Centre: Students should note that for all Programmes, the Test would be conducted at Manav Rachna Campus & other locations, date and time of the Test will be intimated through registered email Id and by SMS to the registered mobile number.
- Courses Offered: There are different schools under the GATA Exam that provide courses ranging from Engineering, Education, Management, Hospitality, Law, Architecture, Communication, and Humanities & Social Sciences. The different schools under the GD Goenka University that provide courses after GATA are:
- School of Engineering
- School of Architecture
- School of Management
- School of Education
- School of Law
- School of Hospitality
- School of Communication
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
GATA 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission|
|Conducting Body||GD Goenka University|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||3 hours i.e 180 minutes|
|Exam Fee||INR 1000/-|
|Address||GD Goenka Education City, Sohna Gurgaon Road, Sohna, Haryana, India|
|Contact No.||Tel: 0124-3315900 Fax: +91 124 3315970|
GATA 2020 Courses Offered Afterwards
The GD Goenka University provides the students to study under the various UG and PG Programs under its umbrella. After appearing for the GATA 2020, you will have the following options to choose from:
|Bachelor of Architecture/ Planning [B.Arch/ B.Plan]|
|Bachelors in Physiotherapy [BPT]|
|Bachelors of Mass Communication [BAMC]|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management [PGD]|
|Bachelor's in Education [B.Ed/ Integrated B.Ed]|
|Bachelors of Law [LLB/ BA LLB/ LLB (Hons.)]|
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc/ B.Sc in Hotel Management]|
|Bachelors of Technology [B.Tech/ B.Tech + MBA]|
|Bachelors of Design [B.Des]|
|Bachelor of Library Sciences [B.Lib]|
|Masters of Architecture [M.Arch.]|
|Masters of Mass Communication [MAMC]|
|Masters of Arts [MA]|
|Masters of Science [M.Sc]|
|Masters of Technology [M.Tech]|
|Masters of Library Sciences [M.Lib]|
|Masters of Design [M.Des]|
|Masters of Business Administration [MBA]|
|Masters of Technology [M.Tech]|
|MPT [Masters of Physiotherapy]|
GATA 2020 Important Dates
The critical dates associated with GATA 2020 announced and updated by GD Goenka University's organizing authorities. We advise the aspiring candidates to make regular visits on the official website of GATA 2020 for important announcements regarding the examination. Candidates can refer to the following table for important dates regarding GATA 2020.
|GATA 2020 Online registration date||September 1, 2020 to September 21, 2020|
|GATA 2020 Admit card release date||October 30, 2020|
|GATA 2020 Examination date||October 25, 2020|
|GATA 2020 Results date||November 30, 2020|
GATA 2020 Eligibility
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria of GATA 2020 carefully. Candidates who qualify the eligibility criteria will only be allowed to attempt GATA 2020.
- For Class 12th Students: You need to have qualified the Class 10th and 12th passed from any recognized board (CBSE, ICSE, Any State Board).
- For UG Degree Holders: The interested candidates out of you should be the holder of an undergraduate degree from a UGC recognized University.
- For Last Year UG Students: Students studying in the last year of their undergraduate degree can also apply for GATA 2020 by providing a certificate issued by the respective institution confirming that the student is currently studying in the last year/semester and has no backlogs left to clear.
- In addition to the above statement, you should submit the provisional degree certificate/ degree certificate of your education before time to the university.
GATA 2020 Application Form
The dates for the commencement of application for GATA 2020 have been released. The application started from September 1, 2020 and will end on September 21, 2020 according to the organizing authorities.
Steps to fill the application form for GATA 2020.
- In order to apply for the GATA 2020, you have to go to the official website of the GD Goenka University.
- Upon reaching the website, you have to first register yourself. Then, you will be able to fill the GATA 2020 Application Form.
- The Form will not be accepted until and unless you will pay the GATA 2020 Application Fee. The payment can be done through both offline/online mode. The GATA 2020 Application Fee is INR 1000/-.
- In case the application is offline, candidates must send the offline application along with the payment details or DD to the address of The Director (Admissions) GD Goenka University, Sohna Road Gurgaon-122003, Haryana. The application cannot be corrected once it is submitted so candidates must be very careful while filling it.
GATA 2020 Admit Card
The GATA Hall Ticket will be released after you have filled the application form correctly and completely. The release date of GATA 2020 admit card is October 30, 2020.
- Please remember to check for the errors in the GATA 2020 Hall Ticket once you have received it. The corrections can be made only within a specific time window. After that correction window expires, you will not be able to make any kind of changes in your GATA 2020 Admit Card.
- If you fail to bring the GATA Admit Card to the venue of the examination, then you will not be allowed to sit in the examination. So, do remember to bring your Hall Ticket to the exam venue and reach the same 1-2 hours before.
GATA 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important for GATA 2020 candidates to understand the exam pattern carefully to avoid unnecessary mistakes during the attempt.
|Exam Pattern for GATA 2020|
|Mode of exam||online|
|Type of exam||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Number of questions||180|
|Duration of the exam||3 hours/180 minutes|
|Total number of marks||180|
Apart from the core discipline questions, the exam will contain the questions from Mathematics, General English, Logical & Analytical Reasoning, Scientific & General Knowledge.
GATA 2020 Syllabus
The questions will be asked from the domains of Mathematical Ability, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, English Communication, Scientific Knowledge, and General Knowledge. The syllabus will majorly cover the following topics:
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- English Language
- Scientific Knowledge
- General Knowledge
You can prepare for the above-mentioned subjects from the reference books, sample papers. The whole GATA 2020 Syllabus will be shortly uploaded here when the GD Goenka University will update it on their website.
GATA 2020 Results
The GATA 2020 Results date has been announced by the organizing authorities, it is November 30, 2020. The GATA Results will be released by the GD Goenka University on the official website or might be mailed to the shortlisted candidates. The students who pass the GATA 2020, those candidates will proceed to the next level of selection. The counseling rounds will be done online afterward.
GATA 2020 Counselling
Once the results have been announced by the official authorities, the counselling process for GATA 2020 will commence. It is important for applicants to take note that the official date of counselling given out by the organizing authorities is December 15, 2020.
Applicants will receive the reporting information regarding their counselling through email or post from the organizing body. The merit list prepared after the results will be different for all the courses and accordingly, the applicants will be called for counselling as per their applied course.