INDUSTRIAL TRAINING :
All the B.Tech. students should undergo industrial training for a period of 6 weeks and should complete before the starting of VI semester classes. The training may be split into slots. Students may undertake training during their 2nd year summer vacation onwards. It is left to the discretion of the Heads concerned to finalize the slots of training.
• The training may be arranged by the Department concerned at SBIT or by the students themselves.
• Whatever be the mode of approach, the consent letter from the industry should be available with the Head. The letter should be preferably typed in the letterhead of the company. To the extent possible, e-mail confirmations may be avoided.
• Candidates should leave with the Heads, the contact addresses and phone numbers during the period of industrial training.
• The Head shall arrange at least one or two faculty members to visit the industries where the students are undergoing training and check whether the training is being carried out with all seriousness.
• All the students should follow the rules and regulations of the industry where they are taking training and strive to learn the practical aspects of engineering during training.
• A diary has to be maintained by the student during the training period. A Common Industrial training diary is available and the students have to buy and use the same and submit to the Director at the end of the training.
• A training certificate has to be produced by the student to the Haed indicating the duration, broad areas covered, etc. The certificate should be given in the company letterhead duly signed by the Officer In-charge of the training, not below the cadre of Manager. This is in addition to the certificate provided in the back inside cover of the printed training diary.
• The certificate thus produced will be countersigned by the Head and maintained in the Department.
• Based on the diary maintained by the students, they have to prepare a detailed report and submit the same in the form of a booklet.
• The contents of the INDUSTRIAL TRAINING REPORT should be as follows:
• About the Industry
• Design features learnt
• Production features learnt
• Managerial/Human skills acquired
The report may contain information in 30 to 40 pages. The preparation of the report may be as per the guidelines given for the preparation of project report / thesis.
• The industrial training report has to be submitted to the respective Heads.
• A presentation by each candidate will be arranged by the Department. The candidate has to present the training experiences with OHP Slides or Power-Point Presentation.
• The Head will form a committee of 3 faculty members to sit through the presentations and evaluate the industrial training programme of the candidate and award marks for 100.
• An evaluation report will be sent to the Director of Evaluation as it carries credits.