St Josephs Degree & PG College, Hyderabad Facilities
Seminar hall and Auditorium
- The campus has SEMINAR HALL and AUDITORIUM equipped with the latest facilities. They are used frequently for conducting seminars, guest lectures, cultural activities and workshops. Seminar Hall can accommodate about 140 students and Auditorium accommodates 350 members.
- One Auditorium cum examination hall equipped with LCD. The Joseph’s hall with a seating capacity of about 450 plays host to internal student events, guest lectures, seminars and internal and external examinations.
- The Seminar hall, with a seating capacity of about 150, provides right ambience for gatherings and also for interactions with the guest lecturers.
Air conditioned conference hall
- It is used for conducting faculty meetings, presentations by external experts and year-wise departmental meetings. It accommodates around 60 members.
Lunch cum recreation hall
- The college has a recreation hall which serves as a lunch room for the students to spend their leisure time conveniently.
- For a healthy atmosphere during teaching-learning sessions, the college has spacious and well-ventilated classrooms with proper seating arrangements for the students of 60 to be comfortably accommodated.
- Each classroom is decked with advanced pedagogy tools such as Overhead Projectors, LCD, in addition to Chalk and Board.
- The Tutorial rooms are large enough to conduct various activities such as seminars and Group Discussions.
- There is a spacious canteen well furnished and maintained by a private agency. It provides hygiene, nutritious and tasty snacks and food at an affordable cost.
Audio visual room
- There is an Audio Visua
- l room with a plasma TV and other Home Theater equipment for the students to watch some educational programmes. A Good Public Address system is available on campus for seminars and presentations.
Physics & electronics laboratories
- The college has full-fledged laboratories for each of the individual subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Electronics and language. The laboratories have adequate equipments so as to enable extended individual ‘experiment time’. Sophisticated instruments that would help students familiarize themselves with futuristic technology.
- The Department has five laboratories for conducting Electronics and Physics practical’s. A separate computer lab with
Simulation packages (Keil, Multisim) and SPSS software was established in the year 2010.
- B.Sc. Electronics laboratory consist of Microprocessor/Microcontrollers. Department provides Internet facility through LAN for the students and staff. An Educational electronic kits in the Department provides specialized and sophisticated instruments for the students. This helps in improving the experimental skill & instrument handling capacity of the students.
- The Library & Information Center acquires and organizes information resources, in the areas of Commerce, Management and Sciences
to meet the present and future needs of all our B.Com. & B.Sc. students. The college has a well- stocked, spacious library with a collection of 8,000 books catering to the needs of the under graduate students.
- The library subscribes to 10 national journals, 10 magazines and 10 news papers. Many other resources like bound volumes (30), students’ project reports, CDs (250) and motivational videos are available in the Library.
- The library also has a good collection of books related to competitive exams, soft skills and vocabulary. It also stocks a considerable number of inspirational and motivational story books to enhance the reading habits of its users.
- Library and web resources are a repository of knowledge which is used by the students and faculty. Each department maintains faculty library that serves the needs of the students. The students have an easy access to all learning resources like CDs,Computer Assisted instruction CDs, downloaded e-journal, e-books.
- The college has a separate library for MCA and MBA courses with vast collections of books, periodicals and journals. Separate reading and reference sections are provided accordingly.
- The library services are computerized with NewGenLib which is aCentralized Library Automation Software connected to both the libraries that facilitates automated identification, reservation and circulation of books.
- Excellence in performance, perfection in any given assignment, sharp grasping- They are the hallmark qualities of our students due to right facilities available at their convenience.
- College has its own premises on a sprawling 2 acres of land with built-up area of 1.25 lac sq. feet.