About St Joseph's College, Calicut
St. Joseph’s College is situated on a small hill of scenic beauty known as ‘Devagiri’ which means the ‘Hill of God.’ The campus spreads across 25 acres of land covered with green shady trees and lush vegetation. The College is endowed with excellent physical infrastructure which provides an academic ambience conducive to the holistic development of the students.
St. Joseph's College, popularly known as Devagiri College, is a college in Calicut, Kerala state, India offering graduation and postgraduation courses in arts and science. Students and alumni of the college are termed ‘Devagirians’. The college is in the Devagiri hills about 8 km east of Calicut (Kozhikode) city. It is run by the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), an indigenous religious congregation founded in 1831.
Affiliation and Accreditation:
- NACC had accredited the college with A Grade in 2004, and the institution was re-accredited with a CGPA of 3.63 on a 4 point scale in 2011.
- The college was recognized as a " Centre with Potential for Excellence" by UGC in 2011 and was conferred autonomy in the year 2014.
- The College is looking forward to form leaders who are intellectually competent, spiritually mature, morally upright, psychologically acceptable who will champion the cause of justice, love, truth and peace and who are ever open to further growth.
To create a just and humane society where dignity of the human person is respected, where unjust social structures are challenged, where our cultural heritage of ahimsa, religious harmony and national integration is upheld, and where the poor and the marginalised are specially taken care of.
- The College builds up a community of staff and students committed to the common pursuit of truth and moral excellence.
- It tries to help students achieve self discipline, cultivate good habits and become open to the Spirit.
- DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
- DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- Postdergraduate Programmes
Ph: 04952355901, 6515002