About Farook College, [FC] Kozhikode
Farook College (Autonomous) is today the biggest residential Post Graduate Institution under the Calicut University. The college has been re-accredited at 'A' Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, with a CGPA 3.34 on a four point scale valid from March 2009. It offers instruction in various disciplines at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. There are 20 undergraduate and 15 post graduate programmes. Eight of the P.G. Departments are recognized research centres. The College is modelled on residential pattern providing for curricular and co-curricular activities for both mental and moral development of the students. Its special care for the moral standard of the students, operated through religious and spiritual discourses, help them enrich their personal as well as social identity.
The college and its hostels are open to students of all castes and creeds and provide amenities for the creation of a healthy cosmopolitan atmosphere on the campus.
To mould competent and well-developed persons who can take up the challenges of the future on behalf of the community, the society, the nation and the world.
To provide all round development and training to generations of men and women who are competent to carry out various functions of nation-building, to equip them with value-based education and training, to empower them with positive qualities and qualifications, to promote research activities and social outreach activities, to provide leadership to persons and institutions for community-empowerment, and to ensure excellence in education and related activities for a better nation and world.
- Department of English
- Department of Arabic
- Department of Malayalam
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Urdu
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Department of History
- Department of Islamic History
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Mass Communication and Journalism
- Department of Physical Education
Why to join Farook College?
1. Wide spread Infrastructure Facilities-
The College boasts about state of the art Seminar Hall, Auditorium, Audio Visual Theater, Campus Network, Health Center, Cafetaria and many more.
2. Scholarships for the deserving ones - Scholarships are awarded to the deserving students every year who are unpriviledged. Merit Scholarships are also awarded to the meritorious students by the Government and the College. Students who are good in studies but do not have means to study further are given education support or financial back up.
3. Experienced and well educated Faculties - The College has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members offering high quality education to the students in various disciplines.
4. Splendid Placement Opportunities- The students studying in this college can look forward to excellent career opportunities with a strong placement cell in place.
5. All time Career Counselling - Students can also make use of career guidance offered by specialized personnel working with the students.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone: +91 495 2440660, +91 495 2440661, +91 495 2440464; fax: +91 495 2440464