Eligibility criteria at Sri Sakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology, [SSIET] Coimbatore
Eligibility criteria for B.Tech:
- A candidate must have passed with Minimum average marks of 50% in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
- A candidate must have passed with prescribed minimum eligibility marks of 55% in any one of the Diploma in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology
- The candidate must have passed with prescribed minimum eligibility marks of 50% in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Science of minimum 3 years.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech:
- Candidates must have passed all the subjects in the recognized Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
- The candidate must have a TANCET score (or) with valid GATE score with qualifying marks prescribed for assistantship in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology (or) with valid GATE score with qualifying marks prescribed for assistantship in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers along with TANCET score shall be considered for admission to M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. degree programs.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA:
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category)in the qualifying degree examination.
- The candidate must have a pass in a recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level
The candidate may have passed from any of the following patterns of education:
- 10+2+3/4 years Pattern (or)
- 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern (or)
- 10+2 AMIE
Application Process at Sri Sakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology, [SSIET] Coimbatore
Application Process for B.Tech:
- Candidates can obtain the Application Form in person from the 60 centres (detailed on Anna University’s official website) by paying Rs.500/-(Rs.250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu, on production of a photocopy of the Permanent Community Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) towards application fee, by cash/demand draft.
- Application Forms can also be obtained by post from "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025" by sending a requisition letter along with a Demand Draft for Rs.700/- (Rs.450/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu with a photocopy of the Permanent Community Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and an address label written in capital letters to which the application form is to be mailed.
- The candidates can also register through the internet. Demand Drafts should be drawn in favor of “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions” payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalised Bank.
- Candidates are instructed to write the name and address on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
- Completed the application forms along with the required documents should be mailed in an A4 size envelope to the address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA),
Anna University, Chennai-600025.
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet.
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (If applicable)
- 12th examination Hall Ticket (In case of pursuing)
- Refugee Certificate (If applicable)
- Demand Draft.
Application Process for M.Tech, MCA:
STEP 1 Registration:
The steps that must be followed to register for TANCET are:
- Visit the official website of Anna University, Chennai
- Click on the tab which mentions “Online Registration”
- Click on “New User” tab being displayed on the screen.
- Enter the credentials such as Name, Gender, Date of Birth
- Enter the E-mail ID which will be the User ID
- Create and enter a password which will be used to login for the further process.
STEP 2 Filling the Form:
The TANCET 2021 Application Form contains the fields for candidate’s personal and academic details, uploading the photograph section and a declaration.
- After registration, log in using the E-mail ID and Password entered during registration.
- Enter the personal and academic details asked in the TANCET Application Form.
- Mention the choice of TANCET Exam Centers.
- After filling the TANCET Application Form, click on choose file option mentioned after the details fields.
- Choose the file from the location it is placed.
- The photograph must be recent and colored in JPEG format size 25 Kb.
- Click on the applicable boxes in the declaration after mentioning the details.
- Review the particulars entered carefully.
- Submit the application post verification.
- Take print out of personal reference.
STEP 3 Fee Payment:
- The next step is payment of the fee for the examination.
- This step can be carried through online gateway only.
The steps for the same are mentioned below:
- Open the official website of the Anna University, Chennai.
- Login by filling the details asked correctly i.e. the login ID and password.
- Click on payment gateway i.e. credit card/debit card/net banking
- Fill the asked credentials correctly i.e. the card number/customer ID
- Verify the details and Click on Pay Now.
STEP 4 Submission:
- Post paying for the examination, a completed TANCET Application Form is generated in PDF format.
- Note down the Application Number mentioned on it for future correspondence.
- Submit the application online.
Admission process at Sri Sakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology, [SSIET] Coimbatore
Admission Process for B.Tech:
- The selection of candidates for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100 in the qualifying examination).
Admission Process for M.Tech:
- The admissions will be based on the ranking obtained in TANCET and GATE.
- The allotment will be made during the counselling.
Admission Process for MCA:
- The selection of candidates for admissions is done based on the entrance test.
- The merit list is out on the official website.
- The candidates shortlisted for admission are called for central counselling.