Sinhgad College of Engineering (SCOE), Pune is a private institute and self-financed institution managed by Sinhgad Technical Society. The name of the college is inspired by the Maratha fort. The Institute offers eight undergraduate and six post graduate programs and also offers a post-graduate program of MBA. The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Civil Engineering have been recognized as Research Centers by the University of Pune.
The college maintains good records in the yearly placements, which attracts state, as well as, national students and every year. Morever, a huge number of applicants seek the Sinhgad College of Engineering Admission for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs.
Sinhgad College of Engineering aspires to produce not only good engineers but good human beings who can create their own path in society. The college endeavors to achieve a unique value system, transparent work culture, excellent academic and physical environment with learning, creativity and technology transfer. Its aim is to produce, maintain and share knowledge for developing a vibrant society.
SCOE accredited by National Board of Accreditation [NBA], New Delhi and 'A' Grade by NAAC. All the programs offered by the college are approved by All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE] and affiliated to University of Pune.
Sinhgad Institute has some other campuses located on different centers such as NBN Sinhgad School of Engineering, Ambegaon; Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science, Narhe; Sinhgad Academy of Engineering, Kondhwa.
Sinhgad College of Engineering Quick Links:
Sinhgad College of Engineering Highlights:
|Year of Establishment
||Grade "A" by NAAC, NBA
||University of Pune
|Type of Institute
Center of Excellence for Best Institution
|Number of Students
||UG, PG, Doctoral Programs
||Sinhgad College of Engineering Fees
Sinhgad College of Engineering Departments:
SCOE has eight departments for undergraduate engineering programs and six departments for postgraduate programs and the doctoral programs. Below are some key highlights for each department.
- Mechanical: 40+ faculty members, 430+ total years of teaching experience, 55+ years of industry experience, and 8 Ph.D. faculty.
- Computer: 32+ faculty members, 406+ total years of teaching experience, and 25+ years of industry experience.
- Electronics & Telecommunication: 50+ faculty members, 472+ total years of teaching experience, 53+ years of industry experience, and 7 Ph.D. faculty.
- Information Technology: 25+ faculty members, 300+ total years of teaching experience, and 10+ years of industry experience.
- Civil: 33+ faculty members, 288+ total years of teaching experience, 50+ years of industry experience, and 5 Ph.D. faculty.
- Production: 9+ faculty members, 150+ total years of teaching experience, and 9+ years of industry experience.
- Chemical: 12+ faculty members, 158+ total years of teaching experience, 23+ years of industry experience, and 3 Ph.D. faculty.
- Biotechnology: 7 faculty members, 80+ total years of teaching experience, 6+ years of industry experience, and 3 Ph.D. faculty.
- MBA: area wise faculty are available, has student intake of 60, 2 years course duration, etc.
- Engineering Science: 18+ faculty members, 240+ total years of teaching experience, 12+ years of industry experience, and 4 Ph.D. faculty.
Sinhgad College of Engineering Courses:
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
||Mechanical Engineering in Design
|Mechanical Engineering in Heat Power
|Mechanical Engineering in Mechatronics
|Mechanical Engineering in Automotive
| Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering in Digital Systems
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering in VLSI Embedded Systems
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering in Communication Networks
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering in Signal Processing
Computer Engineering in Computer Network
Computer Engineering in Chemical Engineering
Computer Engineering in Information Technology
Civil Engineering in Structural Engineering
|Civil Engineering in Hydraulics
|Civil Engineering in Environmental
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Sinhgad College of Engineering Rankings and Awards:
The rankings and achievements of SCOE are given below:
- SCOE has been accreditated by NAAC with "A" grade.
- The institution has been awarded the Center of Excellence for Best Institution in Western Zone.
- The institution has also been awarded the Center of Excellence for Best Institution in Maharashtra.
- It has been awarded a Certificate of merit for the Third Best institution in India.
- It has been recognized as Ph.D. Research Center by the University of Pune.
- The institution has also been accreditated by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi.
- SCOE has been selected by MHRD, Government of India for TEQIP-ll project implementation.
- It is a member of the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
- The institution has been recognized by NIRF.
Sinhgad College of Engineering MoUs:
The purpose of MoUs is to execute various collaborative projects and training programs for students as well as faculties. The institute has signed various MoUs with the prominent industries and research institutions, mentioned below:
- Center for Communication, Media and Information Technologies [CMI] Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Gofigito Educorp LLP, Pune
- SkillTree Global Consortium Pvt. Ltd., [Mersion School]
- Truecopy Credentials Pvt. Ltd., Pune
- UCLA’s [University of California Los Angeles] Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, USA
- Harvard Business School Publishing, Massachusetts, USA
- deAsra Foundation, Pune [Persistent Systems Ltd.]
- Think Quotient Enterprises, Pune
- Atlas Copco [India] Ltd., Pune
- KSPG Automotive India Pvt. Ltd., Pune
- ATS Infotech Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- Frugal Labs Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru
- NAIP Education Pvt. Ltd., Navi Mumbai
- ECTA, Rwanda
- NASSCOM, New Delhi
- Universal Construction Machinery and Equipment Ltd., Pune
- Brose India Automotive Systems Pvt. Ltd., Pune
- Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd., Pune
- Synechron Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Pune
Sinhgad College of Engineering Infrastructure Facilities:
Sinhgad College of Engineering Facilities are:
- SCOE has a Central Library which is a dedicated 6 story building with huge Reading Halls, Digital Library, Literature, and other amenities.
- The library consists of a total of 55813 Books, 131 Journals, 30 PCs in Digital Library, etc.
- It has a big reading hall with a seating capacity of 1000-12000 students and also the library works 24/7 every day.
- College also provides seperate departmental library for each deparment.
- Well-equipped and managed laboratory facilities available in each and every department in the college.
- The Labs contain all the necessary, modern equipment and systems with appropriate configurations.
- Sports facilities available on campus are Cricket ground, Swimming pool, Lawn Tennis Court, Athletics Ground, 2 Table Tennis Tables, Gymnasium, etc.
- Other facilities include Seminal Hall, Workshops, ATM facility on campus, etc.
- The department of MBA includes separate classrooms, HOD cabin, cultural center, post office, doctor on campus, a market for essential commodities within the campus, hostel mess, girls hostel, boys hostel, sick room, etc.
- Each department has a number of laboratory facilities along with its software and hardware:
- The laboratories of Mechanical Departments are Applied Thermodynamics, IC Engines, Theory of Machines, etc.
- The laboratories of Computer Engineering are Basic Computing Laboratory, Unix Laboratory, Database Laboratory, etc.
- The laboratories of Electronics and Telecommunication are Soft Computing, Embedded Systems, Devices and Circuits, etc.
- The laboratories of Information Technology are Programming Laboratory-I, Programming Laboratory-II, Computer Graphics Laboratory, etc.
- The laboratories of Civil Engineering are Computer Laboratory, Concrete Technology, Environmental Engineering, etc.
- The laboratories of Production Engineering are Computer, Machine Tool, Metrology and Quality Control, etc.
Sinhgad College of Engineering Placements:
Sinhgad College of Engineering Placement Cell always tries hard to satisfy the aspiration of the students for their future goals. The placement aid arranged by the Institute are:
- Sinhgad College of Engineering has a central and dedicated training & placement cell to organize and manage all the placement activities.
- To develop the overall personality of the students aspiring to get an opportunity in best corporate, programs are organized by expert faculty members & industrial experts.
- The Entrepreneur Cell of the college guides the students aspires to be an entrepreneur in their future.
- The Training and Placement Cell helps the students planning to do their higher studies in India or abroad by organizing seminars, lectures, and various development related programs for them.
- The connection of the cell with the reputed corporate helped them to drive plenty of campus recruitment.
- The placement cell of SCOE helps students in improving communication skills, logical & innovative thinking capabilities, etc.
- Few recruiters of SCOE are Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, HSBC, Infosys, L&T Infotech, Oracle, KPIT Cummins, Mahindra Satyam, Hyundai, TATA, ESSAR, etc
- In 2015-2016, 451 students got placed.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering brings the following companies for recruitment are Atlas Copco, Ansys, Fluent, Burckhardt, etc.
- In 2015-16 more than 100% of students are being placed in this department.
- Every year 80-100% of students from the Department of Computer Engineering are being placed, in 2017-18, 127 students were placed i.e. 82%.
Sinhgad College of Engineering Committees:
Below are the several committees formed for different activities in the College:
- Internal Complaints Committee
- Committee for SC/ST Students
- Grievance Redressal Committee for Students
- Anti Ragging Committee
Sinhgad College of Engineering Activities and Clubs:
The various activities clubs of the college are:
- Techtonic, the technical fest of Sinhgad Technical Education Society which is organized by the engineering students to win the TechKarandak to nurture the talents of the students and give various opportunities to the students.
- The Spoken Tutorial project, is the 'talk to teacher' activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology which is about teaching and learning free software, this is about self-learning.
- Several national, international level of sports events have been organized in the college like, Cricket, Swimming, Badminton, Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Gymnasium, Athletics.
- Prayas, which means Endeavour, Prayas Youth Forum and Social Research Foundation is a registered Social Service NGO to create awareness amongst the students to be a responsible citizen towards society.
- National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Nobel experiment in academic expansion. It adds up the work of the students and teachers through community interactions. It makes the students understand about the community, their relationship with the community.
- The other activities are Student Welfare Activities, Srujan.
- The English Club, where the students get a chance to see the star and learn more about the great extent of the Universe.
- The Dhruv Club is one of the famous clubs in Pune, it includes debate competition amongst a separate group of Marathi and English to get more points from the students.
- The workshops, seminars, conferences conducted by Dept. of Chemical Engineering are National conference on Green Technologies for Sustainable Development, STTP on Recent Advances in Nanopolymer Technology, FDP on Sophisticated Instrumental Analysis Techniques, Two Day State level Seminar on Recent Advances in Natural Product Extraction, FDP on Advanced Materials for Engineering Applications.
- The activities held in the Department of Management studies are Entrepreneur Events, Guest Lectures, Traffic Management, Girl Child Education Activity, Project Exhibition, and Tree Plantation.
- MBA provides various seminars and conferences such as Six Sigma Green Belt course, conferences on Strategic Management, workshops on Media Matrix, Seminar on Current Trends in Management, seminars on IT in service industry, etc.
Sinhgad College of Engineering FAQs:
1. Which program is better to take admission?
Choose the program which you think you can do. Whatever you take if you work hard you will be a success.
2. What is the average package and the highest package of SCOE?
The packages are based on the performance of the candidates in the recruitment process. It ranges from 3-6lacs p.a.
3. What is the status of the industry placement on the campus?
The institute has a separate training and placement cell to train the students for placements and make them prepare. Eligible students with good performance are offered a reputed job.
4. Can I get a hostel room?
Yes, hostel rooms are available, if someone book advances it would be better as the hostel rooms are in demand.
5. What are the PG courses available?
Chemical, Civil, Computer, Information Technology, Mechanical, Electronics & Telecommunication, MBA these all are available.
Other Campuses of Sinhgad Institute:
Other Trending Colleges: