About the college:
The University is privileged to have the blessings and good wishes of many important and distinguished Indians. Dr. S. Radhakrishnan delivered its first Convocation address on 1.3.1958 and blessed students and the institution. Similarly, Dr. C.D. Deshmukh delivered the Convocation address on 16.11.1960, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri on 10.12.1961 and Dr. C.P. Ramaswami Aiyar on 15.2.1963. Prof. R. Chidambaram, the well-known atomic scientist was the Chief Guest at its convocation held on 28.2.2002, while Dr. J.S. Verma, former Chief Justice of India delivered the address in convocation on 7th March 2005.
Dr. Kunji Lal Dubey, who subsequently became the Speaker, Vidhan Sabha of M.P., was the founder Vice-Chancellor of the University. Subsequently, distinguished academicians like Dr. Dhirendra Verma, Dr. Raj Bali Pandey, and Dr. H.P. Dikshit adorned the post. Prof. H.P. Dikshit later became the Vice-Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi. Then, a good number of renowned academicians also taught in this University. Prof. T. Pati who later on became the Vice-Chancellor of Allahabad University taught Mathematics with distinction. Prof. S.C. Datt (Physics), Dr.C.D. Sharma (Philosophy), Prof. Baijnath Sharma (History), Prof. Hiralal Jain (Sanskrit) and Prof. S. Swaminathan (English) were also teachers in this University. Dr. Baijnath Sharma became the Vice-Chancellor of Bhopal University. Prof. Mahesh Datt Mishra, the living legend of Gandhian thoughts was a Professor teaching Political Science at the University. He now heads the Gandhi Srijan Peeth of the University.
The University has produced a large number of internationally acclaimed academicians and scientists, a number of distinctions and awards have been given to its teachers and students and many international fellowships have been bagged by the Faculty members. In the past 5 years, more than 300 research scholars have earned Ph.D. as well as D.Sc. and D. Litt. degrees. Various research Projects in different disciplines, with an outlay of around Rs. 5 Crores have been completed during this period. Currently, several research projects are in progress. The University is thus playing a key role in higher education in Central India.
- The university has an affiliation with UGC.
- Lakshmi Narain College of Technology, Jabalpur
- Vivek Jyoti College of Education, Balaghat
- Satpura College of Technology, Balaghat
- Rana Hanuman Singh College, Balaghat
- Shri Laxmikanta college of Technology, Balaghat
- Balaghat Snatak Mahavidyalaya, Balaghat
- Lokmanya College of Education, Balaghat
- Balaghat Paramedical College, Balaghat
- Shivam College of Kannagi, Balaghat
- Agrasen Institute Of Paramedical Science, Balaghat
- Syum Shri Institute of Paramedical Technology, Balaghat
- Satya Sai College of Shiksha Mahavidyalaya, Balaghat
- Smt. S.M. Deo Homeopathic and Biochemical Medical College & Hospital, Balaghat.
- Gracious College of Nursing, Balaghat
- Oriental B.Ed College, Lalburra
- Mekhlasutta Mahavidyalaya, Dindori
- Gyaneshwari B.Ed College, Dindori
- St. Aloysius College, Jabalpur
- Mata Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Life Science
- Faculty of Mangement
- Faculty of Mathematical Science
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social science
- Faculty of various centers