About Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology
In 1961, the Legislature of the State of Orissa enacted the Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Act, 1961 (Orissa Act 20 of 1961) with the object of establishing and incorporating a University of Agriculture and Technology for the agricultural education of the people of the State. The University took its birth on 24th August, 1962 when it was inaugurated by Prof. John K. Galbraith, the then U.S. Ambassador in India. The University came into operation from 1st February, 1963, when the two Govt. managed Colleges, the Utkal Krushi Mahavidyalaya and the Orissa College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry with their staff were transferred to the University.
Eligibility Criteria at Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology
- Candidates must secure 50% in their Higher Secondary Examination in order to apply at the University
- For postgraduate courses, the candidate must secure a minimum of 50% in their Higher Secondary Examination as well as the undergraduate course they have pursued prior to the course they wish to pursue presently
- SC/ST students must secure 45% in their Higher Secondary Examination in order to apply at the University
Admission Procedure at Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology
- Application forms are issued online
- OUAT Entrance Examination is the national entrance examination held by the University
- All admissions are done on the basis of this examination
- Students are called for a counseling session once the examination is done.
- The final selection is done by the Selection Committee