History of Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital (NRS)
Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital (NRS), Kolkata was established in 1873 as Sealdah Medical School. In 1884 it was named as Campbell Medical School and later on in June 1948 upgraded as Campbell Medical College. In 1950 the College was renamed as Nilratan Sircar Medical College after the name of the great freedom fighter and alumni of this institution. This College and Hospital had a bed strength of 1890. During the year 1998, 62,165 patients were admitted and 56,310 were discharged, the total number OD patients treated in O.P.D during the year were 8, 25,699. A Medical teachers' training center of the state has already been setup in the Academic Building of this Institution. A few batches have already received training in different disciplines.
- One of the oldest medical institution - The Nil Ratan Sarkar Medical College and Hospital - [NRS Medical College] is a 140 year old medical institution in India.
- It is acknowledged as the prime medical college of the country with 1890 in door beds. The college has collaborations with several councils in the country including Indian Nursing Council.
- Notable alumni and well-stacked library - The NRS Medical College has been a practicing ground for some of the highly famous medical practitioners in India.
- Some of the most notable alumni of the college include Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy (ex-Chief Minister of WB), Prof. A.K. Saha, Sir Kedar Nath Das, and Dr. Subhas Mukhopadhyay.
- The college has a well-stacked central library for excellent learning environment. It contains 289 text journals from six different publications like BMJ Group, Cambridge University Press, John Wiley and Oxford University Press.
Facts & Figures
- Foundation Year : 1873
- Governing body : West Bengal Government
- Affiliation : West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- Admission through : AIPMT
- Number of beds : 1890
- Library : 289 text journals
- Laboratory : 5
- How to reach : 5km away from Kolkata railway station
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seeking admmission can follow these simple steps :
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the website .
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking..
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Chest Medicine
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Eye Nose Throat (ENT)
- Department of Forensic & State Medicine
- Department of Haematology
- Department of Micro Biology
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Nursing School
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Physical Medicine
- Department of Plastic Surgery
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Pediatric Surgery
- Department of Anaesthesiology Diagnosis
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Cardiothoracic & VascularSurgery
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of Endocrinology
- Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Nephrology
- Department of Nursing College
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Radiotherapy
- Department of Urology
- Department of Paediatric Medicine
- Department of Neuroloy
- Department of R.B.T.C(Blood Bank)
Phone : 033 2265 3215/ 3214/3216
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org