The National Institute of Ayurveda was established by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It is an apex and oldest Institute of Ayurveda in the country. It aims to develop a high standard of teaching, training and researching in all aspects of Ayurvedic System of Medicine with a scientific approach by providing practical knowledge to college students through designing undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The college has some national and international collaboration with renowned institutions and organization for exchanging the brighter mind of the college and development purpose. The college has collaboration with the countries like Malaysia and Korea.
The Institute imparts UG, PG, Ph.D. and Diploma Course in Ayurveda Nursing and Pharmacy, which create keen interest among the students for National Institute of Ayurveda Admission. The college wants to promote the growth and development of Ayurveda and make India a supreme leader in these fields. To conduct Research on various aspects of Ayurveda and trying to provide medical care through Ayurvedic systems of medicine to the suffering humanity. NIA aims to furnish and assist in providing service and facilities of the highest order in Research, Evolution, Training, Consultation and Guidance to Ayurvedic System of Medicine.
National Institute of Ayurveda, [NIA] Jaipur Quick Links:
National Institute of Ayurveda, [NIA] Jaipur Highlights:
Year of establishment
Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University - [DSRRAU], Jodhpur
Hostel, Auditorium, IT Center, Library
Madhav Vilas Palace, Amer Road, JDA Market, Brahmapuri, Jaipur, Rajasthan-302002
Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, PhD.
NIA Jaipur Fee Structure
National Institute of Ayurveda, [NIA] Jaipur Departments:
Angd Tantra [Medical Jurisprudence and Toxicology]:
- Agad Tantra deals with the study of poisons and its action, clinical manifestation diagnosis of acute, chronic and cumulative toxicity and treatment.
- This Department imparts Under Graduate and Post Graduate education and training to students in Ayurvedic classical references of poison, its detailed description, classifications and examinations, diseases caused by it, principles of management and preventive measures of the poisons, and legal aspect of medical practice, medical aspects of Law and forensic medicine.
Bala Roga [Pediatrics]:
- This department deals with neonatal care, infant feeding, diet for the newborn, daily and seasonal regime and also deals with diseases and disorders relating to children including nutrition of children, climate, immunization and many more.
- This Department is imparting teaching and training to Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD Scholars
Dravya Guna [Materia Medica and Pharmacology]:
- The branch deals with natural drug research in a synthetic manner by adopting both Ayurvedic and current scientific methods to generate globally acceptable data and to produce quality researchers and teachers in the field of Ayurvedic drug research.
- The Department maintains a demonstrative medicinal plant garden within the campus. The department has a National Repository of Genuine Drugs and a rich museum of dry drug samples.
Kaya Chikitsa [Internal Medicine]:
- This department deals with various physical and psychological diseases like Fever, Rakta-pitta, Shotha, Prameha and many more.
- This Department is providing Under Graduate and Post Graduate teaching and training in theory as well as practical and Research on various diseases through Ayurvedic principles of treatment and therapy such as Panchakarma, Rasayana, Vajikarana etc.
Maulik Siddhant [Fundamental Principles]:
- This Department is dealing with the fundamental study of Ayurveda Classics named as Samhitas as well as all the principles directly or indirectly related with the Clinical Part, which include the teaching of Ayurveda Siddhant, Samhita, Ayurveda History, Darshan and Sanskrit to students at undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- The Department imparting teaching, both clinical and literary, on the fundamental doctrines of Ayurveda on scientific lines.
Panchakarma [Penta Bio Purification Methods]:
- This Department is a Post Graduate Department, it mainly treats the patient by either Samshodhana [Purificative/ Bio-cleansing] or Samshamana [Palliative] treatment.
- It also gives internal and external therapies are administered in the department of Panchakarma for the treatment of various diseases mainly musculoskeletal, neurological, skin, metabolic, lifestyle, Allergic, Respiratory and Psychiatric diseases are effectively treated by Panchakarma.
Prasuti and Stri Roga [Obstetrics and Gynaecology]:
- This department imparting theoretical, as well as practical teaching, training and guidance in the subject of Prasuti-Stri Roga, were provided to students and scholars at the level of UG, PG and PhD.
- Department also providing Ayurvedic Medical Care and Treatment for various diseases of female like Anartav, Artav Kshaya, Artav Dushti, Asrugdar, Vandhyatwa, Garbhashaya Shotha, Cysts related to Beeja Granthi, Shroni Shoth [Pelvic Inflammation], Rajah Kruchrata [Dysmenorrhea], etc.
Ras Shastra and Bhaishjya Kalpana [Latro Chemistry]:
- The Department of Rasa Shastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana is imparting Nursing Diploma, Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Post-Doctoral programs, training as well as research in the subject of Rasa Shastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana on traditional and scientific lines.
- A Certified Pharmacy attached to this Department engaged in the preparation of Ayurvedic medicines by scriptural, traditional and scientific methods for catering OPD, IPD and Research purposes.
- The PG and PhD scholars were also taught the methods of preparation of their medicine selected for the PG and PhD Thesis work so as to get Practical and Research training.
Roga and Vikriti Vigyan [Pathology]:
- This Department involved in conducting various laboratory diagnostic investigations, pathological tests, ECG, USG, X-ray etc. for patients care.
- The investigations are conducted for patient care as well as research purposes of all the Departments. A well-equipped Laboratory is attached with this Department for that particular purpose. The Department is also providing regular guidance to PhD Scholars.
Shalakya Tantra [Eye and ENT]:
- The Shalakya Tantra is an important branch of Ayurveda, It dealing with the diseases situated above the clavicle concerned with the disorders of Ear, Nose, Throat, Eye, Dental, Head and Neck.
- The Department imparts Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD education with the aim of hand to hand training in the examination, Technical training in diagnosis and management along with special emphasis on Ayurvedic treatment procedures like Kriya Kalpa, Nasya, Moordha taila, Eye Exercises, Basti etc along with surgical training in the concerned field.
- Department is also concerned with the prevention of contagious diseases, Preventive and Promotional aspects of health, etc.
Shalya Tantra [Surgery]:
- Shalya Tantra is dealing with surgical aspects of the system through imparting quality patient care, teaching, training and various research activities concerning surgery. Specialized treatment is provided for Arsha and Bhagandara with Kshara Karma and Kshara Sutra therapy, Gridhrasi, Sandhivata, Kadara, Vatakantaka, Charmakeela, Avabahuka, Tennis Elbow etc.
- The department has its own well-equipped operation theatre with the C-arm facility, Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy facilities, where all the surgical procedures such as Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, Hernial repairs, Mastectomy, Thyroidectomy etc. are done under sterile environment under proper Anesthesia.
Shareer Kriya [Physiology]:
- Department dealing with physiology structure of the human body which includes Indriya (sensory organs) and motor functions, mana(psyche), Atma [soul] and their functions. Dosha, Dhatu and Mala and their sites in the body were taught to scholars.
- Theoretical as well as practical knowledge on Rakta [blood], Shukra/ artava [reproductive], mala [feces], mutra [urine], Kapha [cough] etc. and proper diagnosis and treatment therapies of various disorders taught to scholars. Subjects of Shavasana, Rakta Sancharana, Utsarjan, Nadi Tantra etc. are taught to UG, PG Students and PhD Scholars.
Shareer Rachna [Anatomy]:
- This Department engaged in the anatomical study, teaching prescribed in Ayurvedic scriptures, modern aspects, practical dissection of the human body and demonstration through models, charts, etc. at the Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate levels.