About Nabagram Hiralal Paul College, [NHPC] Hooghly
Nabagram Hiralal Paul College was founded on 3rd February 1957 at the initiative of a number of progressive people of the locality, keenly interested in higher education. The area Nabagram started developing after the partition of Bengal, with people coming from East Bengal for settlement.
After primary and secondary schools were set up felt the pressing need for a College within the settlement. To help translate this noble venture into a reality the Late Hiralal Paul, a patron of learning came forward with a generous donation towards construction of a building for the College. Dr. B.C. Roy, the then Chief Minister of West Bengal kindly laid the foundation stone of the present College building.
The Late P. C. sen, the then Food Minister, graced the occasion as the Chief Guest. Dr. T. C. Dasgupta, an eminent Professor of Bengali of Calcutta University, joined as the founder Principal of the College. Since this humble beginning with a small building and only 65 students, the College has been making steady progress with the financial assistance of the central and the state Governments and the U.G.C.
- Not only to prepare the students for University Examinations but also to help them advance in overall understanding and sensibility through co-curricular activities.
- Besides carrying out usual academic curricular programmes with all due care and sincerity, the college aims at utilizing all available resources to develop whatever latent skill the students possess in the different fields e.g. sports, N.C.C (Boys & Girls) N.S.S (Boys & Girls) computer operation etc., so that they can face the challenges of a competitive world, earn decent livelihood and be responsible members of society in every respect.
We are affiliated to The University of Calcutta in 3 years General Stream and 3 years Honours Degree Courses(Arsts, Pure Science, Commerce)in the subjects mentioned in subsequent sections.
Why to Join Nabagram Hiralal Paul College, Hooghly, West Bengal?
- Counseling Cell: An active counseling cell provides the students with guidance in consideration with their job profile and career perspectives.
- Alumni Association: The College has an active and well organised alumni association. It works forward for the welfare of the college.
- Accreditation: An accreditation by the NAAC team with a Grade ‘B’. This is pertaining to its academic excellence and overall improvement.
- Scholarships: Provision of scholarships for the student on the basis of their percentage. The college also provides with financial aid to the meritorious students who are poor.
- Study centre: The institute is also a study centre of Netaji Subhas Open University to further aid the students.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : (03213) 2673-0007
Fax : (03213) 2673-5161
Email : [email protected] (college)
[email protected] (bursar)