About Muralidhar Girl's College, Kolkata
Muralidhar Girls College, Kolkata began as a girls’ school in 1919 and in 1940 the school developed into Ballygunge Girls’ College. In 1945 the College was affiliated (permanent) to the University of Calcutta and a year later it was renamed as Muralidhar Girls’ College. The college is recognized by UGC. While constantly upgrading the curriculum, keeping in mind the modern academic methodology, the college insists on basic human values and endeavors to inculcate these in the students, helping them to enlightened themselves and evolve as responsible citizen of India.
The mission of the college is to extend educational facilities to all deserving students, including first generation learners. The ultimate goal of the college being empowerment of women, the institution has endeavored to expose its students to emerging areas of knowledge.
Why to Join Muralidhar Girl's College, Kolkata?-
- Alma Mater of Eminent Personalities– Many Former Students of the College are well known personalities in the field of Music, Literature and Performing Arts. Among them are: Smt. Sumitra Sen, and Smt. Purba Dam both noted Rabindra Sangeet singers, Smt. Purabi Dutta, well known Najrul Geeti singer, and Smt. Kana Basu Mishra, a popular novelist and short story writer.
- Awards and Honors– Some of the Awards & Honors received by the College Students are- Kalyani Sarkar Memorial Prize & Narendranath Sarkar Memorial Prize, Gopal Chandra Ganguly Memorial Prizes, Sudha Bose Memorial Prize, Acharya Benimadhab Das Memorial Prize, Shipra Singha Memorial Award, and Samarendra Mohon Dhar Memorial Prize.
- The Career and Counselling Cell- The College has a well-established Career and Counselling Cell, that not only provide career opportunities to students, but also organizes various programmes for the physical and psychological development of the students. The cell is also engaged in preparing students for competitive examinations and other career opportunities.
Facts & Figures :-
||Sri Muralidhar Bandyopadhyay
||University of Calcutta
|Land Area (in Acres)
|Total Constructed Area
|Number of Books in College
|Number of Departments
|How To Reach
||12 KMs from Howrah Railway Station and Approx, 2 KMs from Kalighat Metro Station
- Department of Bengali
- Department of English
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Political science
- Department of History
- Department of Education
- Department of Economics
- Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Geography
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Film Studies
- Department of Tourism and Travel Management
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel. 033- 24641312 , 24644371