About Mamata Medical College, [MMC] Khammam
Mamata Educational Society came into existence in May 1992 after tireless efforts of our founder, architect and a great visionary Sri Puvvada Nageswar Rao, who is a renowned politician and social worker and by dedication educationist and philanthropist of repute. In first phase, hospital with three hundred beds was completed in 1996. We got permission to start Medical College, the first self funded medical college in the state in the year 1998 by the indefatigable determined Endeavour of founder's elder son Late Sri Puvvada Uday Kumar. It is under the unflagging enthusiastic and magnanimous leadership of the Chairman of Mamata Educational Society, Sri Puvvada Ajay Kumar, younger son of our founder, who tenderly nurtured and expedited our educational and healthcare institutes with establishment of Dental and Nursing Colleges and commencement of postgraduate courses in all the 20 Medical specialities, 7 Dental specialities and 5 Nursing Specialities; upgradation of Mamata General Hospital to 900 bedded teaching hospital with 150 annual intake; establishment of of Mamata Super Specialty Hospital with its service in year 2003 with the departments Urology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Paediatric sugery, Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery. We are the first hospital to offer Cardiothoracic Surgery services in Khammam district. We are proud to announce that we are the first institutions in health care education in the state to get NAAC accreditation. Both Mamata Medical and Mamata Dental Colleges were accredited with “A” Grade by National Accreditation and Assessment Council [NAAC]. MES Society was primarily established for the educational, socio-economic and healthcare upliftment of the people belonging to Telangana Region of Andhra Pradesh in general and Khammam district in particular. MES has never broken its motto for profits, All the Out Patient Services, All Basic Diagnostics, Majority of the Medical and Surgical procedures are provided free of cost in our Mamata Genreal Hospital. All the inpatients in our Mamata General Hospital are provided with free hygienic and nutritious food twice daily under the supervison of Nutritionist.
Why To Join Mamata Medical College, Khammam ?
- Non-profit: The hospital is one of the few good non-profit hospitals who do not under any circumstance become crooked.
- Hospital Facilities: Inpatient Wards act as teaching beds to students. There are also clinical demonstration rooms, Duty Doctors and Nurses rooms and treatment rooms. The beds are free, and the inpatients are given free food twice a day. There are also 14 A/C operation theaters with the latest equipment, ventilators, Defibrillators, central oxygen and suction supply, syringe pumps and Capnography, infusions. The causality in the premises is centrally air conditioned with a total of 25 beds that provide round the clock emergency services
- Library - A well-stocked library with many books and a large collection area for reading that can accommodate students and faculty. These books and journals are the latest national and international issues. With the help of these journals, newspapers, and books, the students have access to the most up-to-date and smartest trends in the industry. The library is air-conditioned.
- Accreditation: Accreditation by NAAC earning both Mamata Medical and Mamata Dental Colleges an A grade first of medical colleges to undergo the same.
Faculties at Mamata Medical College :-
- Faculty of Anatomy
- Faculty of Physiology
- Faculty of Biochemistry
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Faculty of Microbiology
- Faculty of Pathology
- Faculty of Forensic Medicine
- Faculty of Community Medicine
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pulmonary Medicine
- Faculty of Psychiatry
Facts & Figures :-
||Mamata Educational Society
|Chairperson of the University
||Puvvada Ajay Kumar
||NAAC with A Grade
|Medical text and reference books
|Total beds in the Hospital
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : 08742 – 223075
Fax : 08742-234206 & 255718
Email : email@example.com