Infrastructure Facilities at MAEER's Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training, [MANET] Pune:
The institute has state of the art infrastructure facilities. All the basic amenities required for the students are present in the institute.
- MAEER's Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training has state of the art library facility.
- The library at the institute is divided into B.Tech and B.Sc library.
- The aim of the institute's library is to provide ample sources to the students.
- B.Tech section at MANET has 8,198 books that are organized as per Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme.
- The institute also has 831 reference books related to maritime codes, Institute of Marine Engineers Publications, OCIMF Publications, IMO Publication latest editions, etc.
- The library has subscribed to around 26 periodicals out of that 14 are technical and 12 non-technical, major among those are Seatrade, IMO News, Motorship, MAREX Bulletin, Bhandarkar Shipping News, Oceanite, Sailor Today, etc.
- Apart from hardcopy resources the library also has online softcopy resources.
- MNET library has CD’s collection that contains MAN and B&W, KARCO Series, Safety at Sea, Ship Safety Movies, etc.
- MANET B.Sc Nautical department has 1863 books.
- The reference books among those are 443 in numbers.
- The library subscribes to technical periodicals like Maritime Gateway, Horizon Ahead & some Indian Journals.
- The library is open from Monday to Friday at 09:00 Hrs. to 19:00 Hrs.
- The institute provides state of the art hostel facilities to its students.
- It is mandatory for all cadets to stay in the hostel provided by the institute.
- This helps the cadets get a feel of things that will prepare them well for their careers at sea.
- The well-furnished hostel is managed by an experienced in-house warden.
- Each room at the hostel is furnished with closets, study-table, chairs, cots with beds, etc. and each house two cadets.
Other Laboratories at MANET:
- Material Science Laboratory
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Mechanical Lab
- Applied Mechanics Lab
- Control Lab
- Lifeboat & Muster Station
- Navigation Lab
- Computer Science Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Electrical Lab