In terms of the internship programme, LICET offers
Upon request from the student, they arrange internships in local firms too for the deserving. In terms of placements, most of the companies which come for recruitment are from the IT sector, but we do get core companies upon continuous follow up of the college.
Some IT companies include,
Some core companies include,
We do have other firms offering job opportunities in many other sectors.
LICET has a huge alumni network who are all in contact with each other. Every year the alumni meet is conducted on August 15, which once again shows the togetherness of the institution.
The students are trained to attain placement through a variety of programs run by the Placement & Training Cell.
As long as students work for it, there is a high probability for them to get placed. Students are provided training for placements starting from the first year and special training on aptitude and coding is provided to the final year students in the start of the academic year. Also, company specific training is provided to the final year students. A lot of opportunities are provided through amcat and cocubes tests conducted within the college and students can apply online for the job descriptions sent to their mails. Students can be confident that they'll get placed as long as they work for it.
- To organize campus interviews for final year students with industries and business houses of repute from all over India.
- To prepare students to face campus interviews by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers and LICET alumni.
- To promote career counseling by organising guidance lectures by senior corporate personnel and most importantly by the immediately placed senior students.
The expectation of the parents is placement as the culmination of engineering studies. LICET management considers placement training as leadership formation to ‘engineer a just society’. The Placement Cell takes all efforts to place LICET students well but the cooperation of the students and parents are essential in achieving the common goal.
LICET students are formed not as employment seekers but employment creators. They are helped to imbibe the following propelling dynamic spirit:
- Not to be somebody in the world but someone to lead the world as a Leader with social responsibility
- Not only to reach the top but to remain there consistently
- To gain situational leadership by making crisis as stepping stone to success through innovation and creativity
- Finally to make a new world, starting from oneself