Infrastructure Facilities at KIMS:
- A majority of the students come from other cities and towns. Therefore, providing residential facilities becomes a prime task.
- KIMS has laid out well-demarcated hostels for boys and girls separately with attached toilets facility to the rooms.
- Nurses to have been allotted separate hostels.
- Students of Medical college and postgraduates have been accommodated separately.
- The living conditions are comfortable and meet the requirements of the students.
- Food is Hygienic and nutritious.
- Canteen for snacks and a thrift shop is also provided to their day-to- day needs.
- At all times safety and security of the people residing in the campus are ensured and assured.
- T.V. rooms and indoor gym facilities are provided.
Student Labs & Museums:
- A sure sign of any organization's growth is the amount of time and efforts it dedicates in keeping a track of the past activities and future plans,
- In a medical college, the labs and Museum are treasures of riches, that need to be safeguarded for the reference of the future doctors.
- The specimens in the museums provide immensely useful information for the students as do the labs where the students conduct experiments.
- The labs are provided with adjacent Demo rooms. There is an exclusive Forensic lab that is utilized for the medico-legal cases.
- The College lays enough stress on upgrading the specimen collection in the museums and Laboratories regularly.
Transportation facilities are provided to the students for Commuting between College and Hospital as well as field works. There are:
- 5 Buses
- 2 Vans
- 2 Mini Vans
- Tata Sumo exclusively earmarked for this purpose.
- The desire to learn is awoken in a person if the settings are right.
- A glance at the classrooms at KIMS would awaken the desire in anybody.
- There are 5 Lecture theaters Which are centrally air-conditioned each with a seating capacity of 180 equipped with audio and video teaching aids with LCD projection and E-Class facilities.
- All that makes learning very interesting.
- The lecture theater in the hospital provides facilities to observe live operation procedures in the Operation theaters of the hospital, thereby offering an opportunity to see the experts at work and the operational procedures.
Exam Hall cum Auditorium:
- The Exam Hall cum Auditorium is a newly constructed vast structure with
- The Central library of the medical college is centrally air-conditioned which stores rich collection of recent textbooks references materials, interesting case studies,
- There are around 150 Periodicals and journals and back volumes of both National and International publishers pertaining to the medical sciences subscribed.
- In addition to this the benefit of browsing through the internet and downloading the developments in the field of medical science.
- The environment is quite conducive for peaceful studies.
- A photocopier is available for the students to make copies of any reference material they want.
- There is an outside common reading room for 150 students where the students can bring their own books and read.
- The inside reading room hall accommodates more than 200 students with modular and most comfortable luxurious furniture giving privacy to each student to avail his library services.
- The textbooks of different subjects are stacked in this hall systematically so that students can pick them easily.
- Computerized cataloging is done for easy access to books to them.
- The postgraduate reading hall with 70 seating capacity is on the first floor of the library.
- All the reference books and latest editions of the different subject are available to the P. G. Students.
- There is a separate staff reading room in the second floor with 55 seats.
- The digital library with 40 computers in both first and second floor provides convenience for the end users in access to browse the internet, to view the C.D'S and to have the connectivity to a digital library of N T R University of Health Sciences.
- Separate toilets for men and women, safe drinking water and coffee machines are provided for the student's utility.
- The library remains open from 9 AM to 12 PM.
- Studying to become a doctor is a very demanding one.
- The health of the doctor needs to be ship shape. Facilities for outdoor and indoor games as well as a health club are provided so that physical fitness of the future doctors is taken care of.
- KIMS students have been regularly participating and winning in various inter college sports competitions and university level competitions.
- This not only provides exercise for physical fitness but also is a source of mental relaxation.
- Central air-conditioned food court with pleasant ambiance is situated within the campus which serves hygienic food, both north, and south Indian dishes are served at reasonable prices.
- A branch of Canara Bank is situated within the campus to cater the need of students and staff members for maintaining a savings account with a minimum balance.
- This bank offers all facilities available from any premiere standard bank of India to its customers.
- This fully computerized bank offers world-class services and gives the students, and people in campus and ease to handle their money.