About Alluri Seetharama Raju Academy of Medical Sciences, [ASRAOMS] Eluru
Alluri Sitaramaraju Academy of Medical Sciences was named after the famous freedom fighter Alluri Sitaramaraju. The Medical College and the attached Teaching Hospital were established in 1999 as a non profit society. The College and Hospital are located in a vast area of about 100 acres. The campus is located adjacent to National Highway no.5. It is 3 kms from Eluru Railway station and 35 kms from Gannavaram(Vijayawada) airport.
The Medical College was started with an annual intake of 100 MBBS students. Necessary permissions from Medical Council of India, Government of India and Government of Andhra Pradesh were obtained. The College is affiliated to Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. Post graduate courses in all Broad Specialties were started in 2007. All Medical and surgical super specialties were added. The MCI has permitted for increase in annual intake of MBBS students to 150 from the Academic year 2009-10. Accordingly, now 150 MBBS students are admitted every year. The MCI has now given recognition for 150 MBBS Admissions per annum.
- High pass results with University Ranks.
- Modern teaching methods with advanced Audio Visual Aids.
- Round the clock and 365 days, Central Air-conditioned Library with 14000 books, 70 National and 38 International Journals.
- Highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty.
- Air conditioned Lecture Galleries.
- Integrated and Tele Teaching facilities.
- 24 hours free Internet and Broadband facilities
- Air-Conditioned Hostel Rooms with internet access.
- Open Air Theatre for entertainment.
- Facilities for Field & Track, Tennis, Basket ball and indoor shuttle, Badminton, TT etc along with separate Fitness Centers (Gym) for Boys and Girls.
Facts & Figures :-
|In affiliation with
||Doctor NTR University of Health Sciences
|Initial Annual Intake of Students
|Current Annual Intake of Students
|Open Air Theatre accommodation
||Books – 14000
Journals – 108
Online Journals - 600
|Generators for power supply
||Total capacity – 1000 KVA
|How to reach
||3 Kms from Eluru Railway Station
35 Kms from Vijaywada Airport
Transport Mode: Taxi/Bus/Auto
Why Enroll For The Courses At Alluri Seetharama Raju Academy Of MedicalSciences At Eluru?
1. Unique Open Air Theatre- The open air theatre at the academy is an interesting premise set up in a vast area for running educational as well as recreational films. So that the classroom sessions do not become monotonous, these films are used as a mode to give the students a chance to learn in a completely different way. This theatre has a remarkable capacity to house about 1000 people.
2. Continuous hostel and cafeteria services available- The college has set up two separate areas for accommodation of girls and boys respectively. This includes kitchen, dining halls, continuous supply of water and electricity. They have separate accommodation facility for the NRI students. There is a cafeteria as well in the premise which runs 24 hours.
3. Amazing Campus Security- The security of the academy is quite tight with about 200 cameras installed in the campus. These cameras are linked to the central CCTVs through which it becomes easy to keep supervision for 24 hours.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel : 08812- 249365, 249361
Fax : 08812 224322
Email : email@example.com