About Khudiram Bose Central College, [KBCC] Kolkata
Khudiram Bose Central College was founded by a great pioneer named Khudiram Bose on June 3rd 1893. Khudiram Bose Central College is situated at the Bidhan Sarani besides the Scottish Church School. As the College is on the main road, the students of this college enjoy the facility of quick availability of transport to any other part of the city.Khudiram Bose Central College was founded by a great pioneer named Khudiram Bose on June 3rd 1893. Khudiram Bose Central College is situated at the Bidhan Sarani besides the Scottish Church School. As the College is on the main road, the students of this college enjoy the facility of quick availability of transport to any other part of the city.
The College has been accessed by the National Assessment And Accreditation Council (NAAC) on 22-23 March, 2007 and has been duly accredited. The NAAC Peer team, after visiting the College has appreciated the service the College has continued to render to society since its foundation in 1984.
Khudiram Bose Central College is affiliated to the Unversity of Calcutta. The college has received UGC affiliation under the Section 2F and 12B of the UGC Act, in 1965. Due to this affiliation the college has become eligible to receive the Central Assistance and grants for further development.
The teachers of the College take a deep interest in the academic orientation of the students. The College purposely keep the departments small so that the teachers can monitor the progress of each student. The basic objective behind the teaching methodology of our teachers is quality.
Why to Join Khudiram Bose Central College, Kolkata, West Bengal?
- Faculty: The teachers are friendly, nurturing and well-read. They lend a helping hand to the students and help them sail through tough times. Although the main focus is academics, this college, and its teachers respect the passion of their students if it’s outside the books. The teachers abide by the directed syllabus and courses provided but are keen to help out in case there are doubts beyond the scope.
- Location: The College is located at one of the best regions of the city known for its amazing eateries and lip-smacking food joints. The College is located in North Kolkata, and transportation is affordable and plenty.
- Career fairs are organised every year for placements
- CU and UGC affiliated and NAAC Accreditated
- CU Exam Rank Holding Departments
- Modern methods of teaching includes classes conducted with the projector, lab-based projects, educational and excursion tours by all the departments, film Screening on a relevant theme based on the course requirement, dramatized way of teaching, and like.
- Enriched collection of books, journals, newspapers in library
- Students Seminar Presentations, Exhibitions, Workshops and Extension Lectures, Publishing department wall magazines yearly.
- Career Fair, Campus Interview and Free Coaching Classes for Competitive Exams for the students are being held.
- Intra Quiz Competition, Poster Competition, Inter College Model Making competition, Essay writing Competition under State Youth and Parliamentary Affairs Department.
- Remedial Coaching Classes for weak students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and Tutorial classes for all
- Girl Students are successful in availing the Kanyashree Prakalpa.
- Fee Concession to the poor and meritorious students
- Academic assistance to physically disabled students
- Office members are helpful and co-operative to students
- Women’s Cell, Students welfare Cell of the college are very active
- Programmes by NSS and NCC units of the college
- Annual Parent – Teachers & Principal Meet and Half yearly Department wise Parent –Teachers Meet after Unit Test Exams
- Publication of College Newsletter, College Magazine and College Academic Journal – Pragya
- Alumni Association --- Punarnava ( the college is in the process of registering under Government Registered Societies Formation Act)
- Students of the college are successful in securing champion and runners-up positions in various competitions at university, district, state and national levels
- Participation of students in different cultural events
- Minor Research Projects undertaken by the faculties of the college
For more details about admission please contact :-
71/2A, Bidhan Sarani
Kolkata, West Bengal-700006
Tel: 033 2555 7102
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org